Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Beef,in India can get you beaten to death.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beef,in India can get you beaten to death.

I was really shocked by this,I mean beat someone to death over killing a cow...I always thought Hindus were a peaceful group.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/m...r-eating-beef/

for some eating pork is bad,now beef is bad...what next,carrots?
    MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
    NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
    don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
    http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Re: Beef,in India can get you beaten to death.

Oh yes - and no, Hindus are no more peaceful than anyone else. If you check this link https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Causes...ellion_of_1857
    and scroll down to the bit about the Enfield Rifle, you will see how the Indian Rebellion of 1857 was caused by British complete stupidity about dietary restrictions.
    www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Comment

From these facts I am surprised there were not more conflict. Food being kind of a universal thing,I am surprised it has caused so much anger and concern with people .

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

There has been a LOT of conflict in India in the past two centuries. And some of it is quite recent. Google the 2002 riots in Gujarat for example.

Comment

At least it's not another rape story coming out of India.
          Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Might be cow rape and then murder and a hamburger...yeh,a bit of a stretch(Maybe?)

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Cows are sacred because they believe that the human soul can reincarnate in animal form. By killing a cow you might be killing someones grandmother.
              The most devout kill no animals. The fish they eat are simply removed from the water and die, which is different than killing an animal. I have often wondered if taking a cow into the water and letting it drown would be acceptable in the same way that removing a fish from the water and letting it asphyxiate is acceptable.
              The Dragon sees infinity and those it touches are forced to feel the reality of it.
              I am his student and his partner. He is my guide and an ominous friend.

Comment

Maybe they should starting treating their women like cows.
                Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

India is headed for disaster just like China. Female children are being left to die while males are being raised. The value of women will go up when there are only a few left.
                  The Dragon sees infinity and those it touches are forced to feel the reality of it.
                  I am his student and his partner. He is my guide and an ominous friend.

Comment

Originally posted by DragonsFriend View Post
                    India is headed for disaster just like China. Female children are being left to die while males are being raised. The value of women will go up when there are only a few left.
                    What???

India is a massive area, a subcontinent in its own right. You simply cannot generalise like that. And I know a lot of people out there, not one of whom has told me that children are left to die just because they are female.

India has many problems, the caste system being one. Poverty however is probably the biggest problem of all.

Comment

Originally posted by DragonsFriend View Post
                      Cows are sacred because they believe that the human soul can reincarnate in animal form. By killing a cow you might be killing someones grandmother.
                      That is just one of several reasons. Cows are called Gomata, "mother cow" because after she feeds her calf she willingly gives milk for cheese, butter and milk itself. Cows are also worth more alive than dead, not only for their milk, but as work animals. Moreover, Krishna and his family were cowherds... actually very wealthy because of the cattle they owned. Krishna is called Govinda and Gopala, protector of cows and finder of cows (his role as a cowherd). And Shiva rides a bull named Nandi. When I practiced Hinduism I did not eat beef out of respect for the culture.
                      śivāya vishnu rūpaya śivaḥ rūpaya vishnave
                      śivasya hridayam viṣṇur viṣṇoscha hridayam śivaḥ

Comment

Working...
                      X