Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Cold weapons

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
    So,if there is a massacre in the news where bladed (cold) weapons were used,we will have a short list of who made their 15 minutes of fame before swallowing a sword OR did seppuku(Japanese suicide method)[Hara-kiri]
    Massacre via bladed instrument remotely resembles work. Why would anyone want that?
    life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

True enough,BUT for some it is the cheap way to get the 15 minutes..Bullets are expensive you know.
      MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
      NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
      don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
      http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

I don't remember advising guns either but I'm gonna stop here because the forum doesn't need a "how to commit mass murder" guidebook.
        life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Good catch....much better we discuss the many ways to eat Pizza,and its grand history...
          MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
          NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
          don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
          http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Have a couple of Samurai swords from WWII and the heavy duty display types with Samurai and Hata-kiri blade. Still want to get a good Toledo Blade but not in a foil casting. Various edged blades not counting pocket knife types.

Have to admit though when I read cold weapons I immediately though of cold forging of the weapons not non firearms.
            I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

I have two ritual swords but they are spiritual weapons and not for fighting physical foes. I have always wanted a real Katana but I could not do it justice because it is a weapon of war and I would quickly choose a gun in war time over a sword. It would be like taking a great battle general and sitting him at a desk for display. In both cases the spirit of the man and the sword would die.
              The Dragon sees infinity and those it touches are forced to feel the reality of it.
              I am his student and his partner. He is my guide and an ominous friend.

Comment

Within 3 steps in any direction of this table is a cat-o-ninetails, all my kitchen goodies, a sap (leather outside, lead inside), 3 pocket knives (Old Tymer), 2 folding knives with 10 inch blades, a 9-foot bull whip and a large pair of bolt cutters ...
                I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them ... John Bernard Books

Indian Chief 'Two Eagles' was asked by a white government official; "You have observed the white man for 90 years. You've seen his wars and his technological advances. You've seen his progress, and the damage he's done."

The Chief nodded in agreement.

The official continued; "Considering all these events, in your opinion, where did the white man go wrong?"

The Chief stared at the government official for over a minute and then calmly replied.. "When white man find land, Indians running it, no taxes, no debt, plenty buffalo, plenty beaver, clean water. Women did all the work, Medicine Man free. Indian man spend all day hunting and fishing; all night having sex."

Then the chief leaned back and smiled; "Only white man dumb enough to think he could improve system like that."

Comment

Working...
                X