Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Religious Complications

Originally posted by Shahaku View Post
    I have a good example to counteract this. Here in the US, some schools have made the decision to stop restricting recess for kids. The tell them go outside and play. They put out one or two instructors to keep an eye out for extreme problems, but for the most part the kids manage to get along just fine with NO restrictions. In fact, they often do better.

We inherently work best in groups as part of a team, or pack. Even with no formal restrictions we find our way.
    Actually by restrictions I was referring to things like "Don't kill", "Don't steal", "Don't hurt" and so on... Kids aren't always capable of solving these things themselves.
    "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
      I'm going to post something obnoxious because I think somewhere in there the point will come across (and oh it's gonna be snarky)

atheism: you are born. You live. You die. The end
      In my sect of atheism between "you live" and "you die" we insert "try not to be an ass."

Religions tend to be complicated because they have history. They are modified, they pick up accretions, they evolve... And then the adherents try to make it all fit together, as if it were all conceived by one logical entity at one time.
      Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Spirituality was formed long before religion and spirituality provided ways to explain the unknown. Religions were formed to allow groups to share those parts of spirituality that were common. Matrilineal societies developed because men didn't know who their children were but the mothers knew their children. Durable goods were handed down from mother to daughter to keep family structures in place in the growing societies.
        Women were respected above men for several reasons. They created life so they had to be closer to the creator than men. They also bled for a week every month and did not die. A man who bled for that long surely died. It wasn't until the written word was established that men used their strength to subjugate women. It was a simple matter for the educated to subjugate the uneducated through the use of religion.
        The Dragon sees infinity and those it touches are forced to feel the reality of it.
        I am his student and his partner. He is my guide and an ominous friend.

Comment

Working...
        X