Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Natib Qadish/ Kadesh Kan'anu (Canaanite Phoenician Polytheism)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Natib Qadish/ Kadesh Kan'anu (Canaanite Phoenician Polytheism)

This thread is dedicated to showing everyone, the experiences/ adventures/ spirituality,...etc from those of the ancient near eastern polytheistic religion.

I am here to show everyone how is it like to be part of this faith, in the heart of its originating land, and how the faith survived in secrecy through out the ages, and how it was misinterpreted, supported by scientific and historical facts.

Expect some posts from me in the future, and to other Natib Qadish / Kadesh Kan'anu,... followers, please feel free to share your experiences and thoughts on how things are going, and thank you

Thank you for dropping by

Yshalam Lekom Akhim we Ekhwatim

Re: Natib Qadish/ Kadesh Kan'anu (Canaanite Phoenician Polytheism)

If you don't mind me asking, how does Natib Qadish/Kadesh Kan'anu view humans' relationship with the gods?

Comment

Originally posted by LearningMan View Post
      If you don't mind me asking, how does Natib Qadish/Kadesh Kan'anu view humans' relationship with the gods?
      To us we serve gods and we believe that we will be rewarded with grace, but all our offerings to the gods are to be collected by a Kohan which will then give them away to the poor and needy.

Comment

In the absence of a Kohan, what do you do with the offerings?

Comment

In the absence of a Kohan, the individual takes up the role of the Kohan in giving out the offerings.
          The individual seeks out the needy, this could include donations to charity and whatnot,...

Comment

What if an individual cannot find any poor or needy people?

Comment

Giving out to the needy is a form of ethical, moral, and spiritual healing

Giving the needy to help them cope with their fight for a decent life, which could be the kick starter for them (homeless, refugees,...) generally good souls seeking help

Giving out donations isn't mandatory, it all falls back to the morality and position that of the follower, thus he does it on his own free will

But if the follower who wants to help the needy:

- Is Unable to find any needy people around = they could donate to a known organization that aims for a good cause (charity, save the children, foster homes,...etc)

- Has personal reasons (raising a family, financial issues, health issues, or just cuz,...etc) then it is not required for that follower, but instead stick with his personal life, and his normal ways of worship as a means of thanks and gratitude for how life is, for protection, for growing wealth, for the healing process, for everything.

- - - Updated - - -

Just a quick question

I'm newly active on the forums, soooo I'm still learning the basics of everything, ATM I'm trying to share personal experiences, I'm trying to add photos but...
              there is something going on wrong, can't add either links or photos on the forums :/

This only hinders my process of showing the world our work and achievements.
              If someone could guide on how to add stuff on here, I would forever be grateful

Thank you

...Ahiram....

Comment

In my experience, I've only been able to upload photos that have already been posted on a website. You insert [img] [/img], and you put the image URL between the two imgs.

Comment

The following errors occurred with your submission

1. An error has occurred Ahiram Hasdruba'al! You are not allowed to post links.

That's what i keep getting
                  I'm trying to find out why

Comment

I would ask a mod about it, in that case.

Comment

Check the FAQs. I'm not sure what the number is, but you can't post links until you've made a certain number of posts...

It's an anti-spam measure.

If there is something you need to post, contact an admin and they can handle it for you.
                      Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

A bit of a personal question, if you don't mind:
                        How did you find out about this path? Why did you choose (if such a word can be used in this case) it?
                        baah.

Comment

I have always been one of very few in my country deeply interested and involved in reviving our ancient Canaanite/Phoenician roots.

Canaanite Polytheism just like Hellenism, has several deities, some followers dedicate their worship to all the gods, but temple Kohans working for a specific Deity are named after that deity, ex: followers of Ba'al Hadad (lord of the gods, god of thunder, god of the universe sky and earth) are called Ba'alists, followers of Ba'al Eshmun(tutelary deity, healing god) Cultists of Eshmun,...etc. Name changes depending on the rank and role of the deities.

The Faith was always referred to as Canaanite polytheism, Phoenician polytheism, Punic Polytheism,etc... and always to ourselves by that or by the name of our Gods and Goddesses.

Names such as Kadesh Kan'anu which basically means Holy Canaan or Canaanite religion in Ugaritic, Natib Qadesh which means Sacred Path or holy path in Canaanite. Both of these names are brand new made by Lilnah Bitti Anat who tried to spread the faith in the west in the late 70s/80s and gave it the name Kadesh Kanaanu, while Tess Dawson Gave it the Name Natib Qadesh which is probably the most used name ATM by western followers.
                          Names might differ, but it all falls back to canaanite/ phoenician polytheism.

Comment

Thanks for sharing your experiences and information about your faith.

I have always been curious about polytheism in the middle east prior to the spread and fame of Judaism, Christianity and Islam.

Like most people, almost all I know about pre-Judaism polytheism in the middle east are passing mentions of belittling passages about the old faith in the Bibble and Quran.

So please inform us more. Do you have holy text references equal to Veda to the Hindus? Is there a correlation or overlap between your belief and Christianity/Islam? Do you share similar legends about creation of the world or miracles of prophets? And most importantly, how did this faith survive in the modern world? Do you worship or pay respect to the old gods in secret? Are you not oppressed for doing so? Is the faith shared by many?

I look forward to reading about Qadesh Kanaanu/Natib Qadesh.

Comment

Thanks! Another question: is there any kind of ceremonial language or can you use whatever language you want in the rituals?
                              baah.

Comment

Working...
                              X