Runes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Runes

Have anyone ever tried runes before? Because I want to learn how to do runes. Where do I start?

Re: Runes

first decide which runes you are interested in ... then books ... learn what the runes each mean ... decide if you want to read runes like reading tarot or make runic items for people ... I like to make bindrunes which are combinations of runes for specific people and purposes ...
    I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them ... John Bernard Books

Indian Chief 'Two Eagles' was asked by a white government official; "You have observed the white man for 90 years. You've seen his wars and his technological advances. You've seen his progress, and the damage he's done."

The Chief nodded in agreement.

The official continued; "Considering all these events, in your opinion, where did the white man go wrong?"

The Chief stared at the government official for over a minute and then calmly replied.. "When white man find land, Indians running it, no taxes, no debt, plenty buffalo, plenty beaver, clean water. Women did all the work, Medicine Man free. Indian man spend all day hunting and fishing; all night having sex."

Then the chief leaned back and smiled; "Only white man dumb enough to think he could improve system like that."

Comment

What type of runes are there? I need to know.

Comment

gsed_0001_0022_0_img6606.jpg ... ElderFutharkCipher.jpg ... YorkshireCipherRunes.JPGhttp://www.therunesite.com/section/rune-meanings/ here is a good start ... Basically runes are alternative alphabets however some pace different meanings and powers to different runes ...
        I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them ... John Bernard Books

Indian Chief 'Two Eagles' was asked by a white government official; "You have observed the white man for 90 years. You've seen his wars and his technological advances. You've seen his progress, and the damage he's done."

The Chief nodded in agreement.

The official continued; "Considering all these events, in your opinion, where did the white man go wrong?"

The Chief stared at the government official for over a minute and then calmly replied.. "When white man find land, Indians running it, no taxes, no debt, plenty buffalo, plenty beaver, clean water. Women did all the work, Medicine Man free. Indian man spend all day hunting and fishing; all night having sex."

Then the chief leaned back and smiled; "Only white man dumb enough to think he could improve system like that."

Comment

There are some very good rune threads on the Pagan Forum. Have a look at those and join in maybe?
          www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Comment

You can get an adequate starter set, to learn on, at just about any bookstore. Make sure to cleanse and charge them before you start casting.

What I did was get a lined journal and, using multiple books and websites as references, dedicated a few pages to each rune. Also with Tarot - it's my main divination reference now. Writing helps me commit things to memory, and putting what I was reading into my own words makes it even easier for me. Then start doing daily castings, one rune at a time, on progressively more specific questions (I started out with just daily "food for thought"). Before you know it you'll start getting the gist of them and have an idea of their meaning before you even look them up.

Once you've got a good foundation of knowledge, start making your own set. You'll get better results in your castings with a self-made set that has your energy and intent.

Comment

Originally posted by Tylluan Penry View Post
              There are some very good rune threads on the Pagan Forum. Have a look at those and join in maybe?
              Yes there are. I would start here, reading. If you feel like you need a set to look at do one on paper. Don't spend any money until you know they call to you. Or they will sit and gather dust.

Comment

Working...
              X