Spell to break a contract

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spell to break a contract

Hello all. I am looking for a spell to break a legal contract that I can use as a model. I actually really enjoy making my own spells, but I am not yet so advanced that I don't need a guide to work from.

I am not a party to the contract. In short, my municipality has entered into a contract to privatize public land and I would like to affect that contract. No default penalty is included in the wording though, so this "harms none".

I asked for advice at a local magic shop and was told to do a binding spell on one of the parties, then sold a binding kit. After researching that option, for a variety of reasons, I don't want to take that approach, at least not at first. Any advice there? Am I wrong to think that? Could that honestly be the best first option?

It also occurred to me to use a divorce spell and adapt it, but again, I don't know that I feel that is appropriate. Technically we are still talking contract law yes, but there's a lot more symbolism tied up into marriage and divorce and(I am guessing) a lot more likelihood for malice in the majority of divorce spells. What I am going for is ecology/social justice work.

This will be the first in a series of spells to see the land repurposed for the public good, but by the community's standards, not our dictatorial mayors, or the one percent that will benefit from her plan.

Anyone have a good contract breaker spell or other advice to add?

Re: Spell to break a contract

...I don't think that I really understand what you're situation is, but it sounds like to me you're asking a lot of magik... A spell could help, but it needs something to act through. You'd probably have to take some real world actions to give the spell a path to work through, if that makes any sense...

Maybe you could try communing with the local spirits within the land to offer aide? Or I'd probably go for some kind of protection spell, I guess...

But just performing a spell isn't going to break a contract all on its own; at least, not in my experience.

Comment

Okay the situation is that I am trying to make a third party spell to break a contract I am not a part of.

When you say I am asking a lot of magic, do you mean that I need more than one person for this spell? What is too much of magic? I'm trying to get clear on what you are telling me here.

I am wondering if you might have some sort of unfounded impression that a spell is the only mechanism I am using to try to effect change. No worries there, that definitely isn't the case. In fact, very little of my life right now is unrelated to the grassroots efforts I am making to get this contract overturned politically, legally, or to stop its funding, along with members of my organization.

I simply want a magical boost. Do you have any guidance to offer on a spell to break a contract?

Comment

Perhaps a spell to assist you in your endeavor such as insight into others motivations or an increase in opportunities for you and those working with you to bring about your desired ends ... Or even a spell for increased support for your side ...
        I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them ... John Bernard Books

Indian Chief 'Two Eagles' was asked by a white government official; "You have observed the white man for 90 years. You've seen his wars and his technological advances. You've seen his progress, and the damage he's done."

The Chief nodded in agreement.

The official continued; "Considering all these events, in your opinion, where did the white man go wrong?"

The Chief stared at the government official for over a minute and then calmly replied.. "When white man find land, Indians running it, no taxes, no debt, plenty buffalo, plenty beaver, clean water. Women did all the work, Medicine Man free. Indian man spend all day hunting and fishing; all night having sex."

Then the chief leaned back and smiled; "Only white man dumb enough to think he could improve system like that."

Comment

Originally posted by TxanGoddess View Post
          I am wondering if you might have some sort of unfounded impression that a spell is the only mechanism I am using to try to effect change. No worries there, that definitely isn't the case. In fact, very little of my life right now is unrelated to the grassroots efforts I am making to get this contract overturned politically, legally, or to stop its funding, along with members of my organization.

I simply want a magical boost. Do you have any guidance to offer on a spell to break a contract?
          Sorry about that, but I did think you were hoping to have the spell do all the work for you. Your first post didn't mention anything about any efforts you were making outside of spell work.

I don't think I've ever come across a spell that's just for breaking a contract. You could try maybe downloading this book: 50 Of The Most Powerful Spells On The Face Of Earth

It might give you some ideas.

Here's what it has for curse breaking which maybe you could tweek:

#7 TO BREAK A CURSE
          Take five white candles and arrange them in a pentagram. Place a black candle,
          which symbolizes the curse, in its center. The ones afflicted by the curse must
          speak the words revealed here:
          Evil curse that blights out lives
          Be lifted now and flee
          These candles' lights overcome the dark
          From its grasps, set us free
          Or maybe this one:
          #8 FOR SUCCESS
          Steep in a bath a bowlful of leaves from three or four or five of these:
          Marigold, Celery, Mint and Grass, Nasturtium, Parsley, Fennel and Cress.
          (Calendula, Telina, Menta si Iarba, )
          When the Brew is green, and the steam is sweet, lie in the water and thrice
          repeat:
          I shall bathe and I shall be
          as green and strong, good Herbs, as thee.
          Draw me favor, draw me fame,
          Draw bright honor to my name
          Rise from the water thrice empowered;
          Wear those virtues you have conjured.
          I've only read the first several, so there might be something else. Or maybe a different book on that site; it has a lot of books there you can download.

Honestly though, you're needs sound specific enough it would probably be best to write something from scratch. It doesn't have to be perfect or beautiful, as long as it means something to you.

Good luck :^^:

Comment

Evoking the deity of justice may offer some help. I am unsure how a city government can take private property without cause but then I don't know where you live.
            Without placing restrictions on magik it is very difficult to use magik to stop a very focused individual or group of individuals. If this is a group you may want to work to find a week link and change that one mind and let that cascade for yourself. I don't have enough information to offer more than just general guidelines. I wish I could do more.
            The Dragon sees infinity and those it touches are forced to feel the reality of it.
            I am his student and his partner. He is my guide and an ominous friend.

Comment

This may appear a bit harsh but truthfully I think your doomed to failure.

This is not a curse, it's not a single entity or being your working against. At worse your working against a collective mind and drive at best your working against an egregore that is composed of all the energies that make up a city / town. Sorry but seldom do you find any sort of contract that is undo able by simply focusing upon a single point of interest. It's not some game of lincoln logs where hopefully you can pull one log and cause the whole structure to collapse. More often your going to find something like swiss cheese full of holes and pockets where the best you might get is a cell to collapse or shrink but it does little to nothing to change the object.

To many unknown variables to deal with and try to manipulate. Not the least of which is that since this person is the elected mayor your dealing with the greater egregore that is created through the election process of each person who voted for him / her and attaches their own energy to the success of that person. So you have one egregore that is built upon the city / town / etc and its survival and success. You have second egregore that is built upon those who backed and voted for her and attach their energy upon her / him being successful. You have a potential third egregore created around any personal idea of success and profit that is a conflated idea formed from all the individuals who've attached their own success to that. It's not just the 1% as your trying to suggest but each and every person who makes any profit off of success. Potentially all those possible egregores working as a hive type situation creating that swiss cheese looking construct your going to try and undo.

Even your grassroots movement is going to be fighting those same constructs and such. Especially in the aspect many are probably going to be thinking your going to do something similar yourselves. Which is still another egregore type force you'll have to overcome and have people embrace and accept. Nor can you rule out the probability that your perception of how public land should be used is probably a far cry from what others think which sort of puts you back at trying to change those you oppose while also trying to change the perception people will have of you to get their support.

Sorry but magic is not going to change any of that for you, especially considering that even all of your group will likely have a different final goal in mind of what they'd like which corrupts and undermines your very end goal.
              I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

Thank y'all for the tips and especially for the download site. That is an incredible resource.

monsno_leedra, I am not bothered by harshness. But I am always open to wagers ...

Comment

Working...
                X