Internet Forums Becoming Less Popular Now

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Internet Forums Becoming Less Popular Now

I noticed a lot of internet forums becoming less popular and less frequent now. Why? I don't know why. Maybe because people find it less exciting and ran out of ideas to talk about. Well that's just my theory. What do everybody else think of this topic?

Re: Internet Forums Becoming Less Popular Now

A lot of time and effort goes into running a forum,not to mention expense...For someone to continue takes a love of the effect of allowing people to connect.

Also they come and they go...
    MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
    NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
    don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
    http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

I think you are talking bollocks.
      www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Comment

Some forums thrive. Others not. People grow out of the "i wanna have a forum of my own" phase. But I'm pretty sure they are not going extinct, there are just so many new ways to communicate online, forums are not everyone's cup of tea.
        And as long as PF is here, I won't mind at all if some forums go down.
        baah.

Comment

Social media has replaced a lot of them. Most people went to forums to kill time and for some casual conversation, which you can easily do on Twitter, Facebook, or Tumblr. Some, like this one, have dedicated communities that stuck together, but most forums aren't like that. Most of the forums I used to post on aren't even there anymore.

This isn't even a new development. I used to have a job where I was required to interact with people on forums. I worked for one of the English-language country divisions of a global company and the office was based here in Berlin. Germans were slower to leave forums, so the result was that the German-language teams (and some other European country teams) had a lot of engagement and the company based all of our goals around their experiences. They just could NOT understand why we couldn't do it. We kept telling them that forums were pretty quiet, but they didn't want to listen to us because that's not how it was in Germany (it is now).

Comment

Usage goes in cycles.
            śivāya vishnu rūpaya śivaḥ rūpaya vishnave
            śivasya hridayam viṣṇur viṣṇoscha hridayam śivaḥ

Comment

I used to moderate a biker forum and we all got so close we connected on FB - which then became our primary channel for communication. The forum was still there last I checked, but not much activity going on.

Internet forums have their own personality and group dynamic that can be challenging for newcomers. I thought it was ironic that the biker forum I was on, which consisted of mostly "outlaw" bikers, was very warm and inclusive of newcomers (as long as they weren't cops), whereas one of the more popular Harley-Davidson forums was rude to outwardly derisive toward them. I saw the same contrast between a couple of Doberman forums I joined. The similarities between them all were that in each category, one group (forum) was full of people who had nothing to prove while the other was full of people trying to justify their own legitimacy.

This forum was the first I ventured into on the pagan topic. I haven't seen the need to look elsewhere yet - y'all are pretty cool.

Comment

Yah we be cool...it has something to do with masked one,and his pizza gods thing...something in the sauce...

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Honestly, I've noticed this myself, at least in the realm on on-line gaming. I used to do a LOT of MMORPG playing, and all throughout that time, website forums were constantly used to organize folks, chat, and even do a little roleplay. Recently, shortly before I stopped playing games so much, I noticed that the drive to participate on a forum structure had vastly declined, as if it took "too much effort" to take part.

Comment

Gaming forums are supplemented by VoIP applications like Ventrilo, TeamSpeak, Mumble, WhatsApp, Line and so on.
                    Communication and community forums seem to be overshadowed by social networks like Facebook, MySpace, etc....

Personally, I like our forum better because there's less distractions from other outside sources. We're not free of distractions because we can freely share things from outside sources but we're not constantly bombarded by ads about shines.
                    �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
                    ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
                    Sneak Attack
                    Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

I like our forum because it is one place I really feel at home..

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
                        Put your pants back on, Anunitu. You've gotten all together too comfy.
                        Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
                          Same for me. :3

- - - Updated - - -

Not a word about Juni's cats, guys!
                          "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

Originally posted by Gleb View Post
                            Not a word about Juni's cats, guys!
                            Anunitu's trying to wear them like pants again.
                            Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
                              Put your pants back on, Anunitu. You've gotten all together too comfy.

Why you peeping tom you...And they are jogging pants..very comfortable BTW

- - - Updated - - -

Also another reason is B. De. guaranteed to keep me on my toes...

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Working...
                              X