Santa Muerte

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Santa Muerte

https://www.revealnews.org/article/m...folk-religion/ ... looks like no one can get a break now days ...
    I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them ... John Bernard Books

Indian Chief 'Two Eagles' was asked by a white government official; "You have observed the white man for 90 years. You've seen his wars and his technological advances. You've seen his progress, and the damage he's done."

The Chief nodded in agreement.

The official continued; "Considering all these events, in your opinion, where did the white man go wrong?"

The Chief stared at the government official for over a minute and then calmly replied.. "When white man find land, Indians running it, no taxes, no debt, plenty buffalo, plenty beaver, clean water. Women did all the work, Medicine Man free. Indian man spend all day hunting and fishing; all night having sex."

Then the chief leaned back and smiled; "Only white man dumb enough to think he could improve system like that."

Re: Santa Muerte

If the belief in the patron of "Holy Death" is capable of "affecting the actions of other" why do the police feel they are immune to being affected?

The story makes me want to run out and buy a statue to place on my dash board...
    The Dragon sees infinity and those it touches are forced to feel the reality of it.
    I am his student and his partner. He is my guide and an ominous friend.

Comment

I'm very familiar with this. Hispanics seriously worship this on par with the Virgin Mary. Gang members kill for her. Mobsters do crazy things for her. In LA it's definitely one of those 'no one talks about but everyone's got an altar of her int he garage sort of thing'.
      Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

I guess there is a problem with a Mexican gang in the small town nearby. Would that make me a target when I go into town? I mean from other than the police and county sheriff. Maybe it would make me "off limits" to the gang members?
        The Dragon sees infinity and those it touches are forced to feel the reality of it.
        I am his student and his partner. He is my guide and an ominous friend.

Comment

Things of these natures always interest me, as oftentimes these practices of "witchcraft" and "curses" are done along side an extremely strong belief on Christianity. Santa Muerte, some parts of Santeria, and even some Vodou are closely tied to the Roman Catholic angels and saints. While personally I have no issue with the mixing of various faith paths and practices (sort of like the pagan cultural appropriation thread), it makes me wonder how such things are reconciled by others of a particular faith who do not hold with such adaptations.

Comment

From what I've read, Santa Muerte appears to be based heavily on the Aztec goddess Mictecacihuatl, and that the Day of the Dead is especially influenced by ancient Aztec practices.

Comment

Working...
            X