Any Thor Followers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any Thor Followers?

Since I've discovered that Thor's my patron God, it'd be cool to talk with others who follow Thor and ask questions about what their experiences were like with Thor. My experience so far has been loving and protective. I feel very protected and honored to have Thor as my patron.

Re: Any Thor Followers?

Thor is pretty approachable. I really want a hammer for my altar

Comment

I am a metalsmith, if you give me dimensions or a drawing with dimensions I can build anything. I can even make the handle a bit too short if you like.
      The Dragon sees infinity and those it touches are forced to feel the reality of it.
      I am his student and his partner. He is my guide and an ominous friend.

Comment

I was really surprised that Thor chose me (:

Comment

Originally posted by DragonsFriend View Post
          I am a metalsmith, if you give me dimensions or a drawing with dimensions I can build anything. I can even make the handle a bit too short if you like.
          While the offer wasn't made to me, I very well may take you up on that in the future. If you don't mind, that is.

As for dealings with Thor, I've not had many, being predominantly an Odinsman (and relatively recently getting chummy with Loki) myself. But from what I've experienced and heard, he's a good ole boy, an every-man, and a solid buddy.

Comment

I would never mind. The offer is an open one. I will quote a price before I start but you have to figure out the shipping costs. ( my mom told me I never minded so I try to stick with that)
            The Dragon sees infinity and those it touches are forced to feel the reality of it.
            I am his student and his partner. He is my guide and an ominous friend.

Comment

Munin-Hugin alluded to, Thor is a good ol' boy, a good buddy, a big brother. He's the kind of guy who'd take you to a bar, get you drunk, get into fist fights, all for fun, but make sure no one really gets hurt, and that you get home safely. Think of the scene in the Thor movie where he carries a very drunk Selvig home, laughs and says "we drank, we fought, he made his ancestors proud". I think that's not far off the mark.
              śivāya vishnu rūpaya śivaḥ rūpaya vishnave
              śivasya hridayam viṣṇur viṣṇoscha hridayam śivaḥ

Comment

Okay, I figure that reviving this thread would be better than creating a new one. I'm an Eclectic, and not one with any particular leaning towards Heathenism. But, when I was out getting groceries today, I figured "Hey, why not try asking a deity to slow down the rain?" which was a very silly thought, but I was nearly in a food coma after going to an Indian restaurant. So I called out "Thor, I plead, later please" and then the rain practicaly stopped. It was pouring and then a half-second later it was drizzling. I am deeply weirded out. I've never even made an offering to any Norse deity. Is this a sign some sort? How should I proceed?

Comment

A sign is only a sign if you feel it is one. What I mean by that is that there are a number of folks who would be willing to simply chalk it up to a random series of events that coincidentally happened to work out in such a way as to seem mystical. But if you truly believe that it was in fact a response to your plea from Thor, well, go with it!

As for offerings, they're pretty simple. You don't have to bow and scrape, get all ceremonial about them. In fact, for Thor I'd say simple is best. Give a little thanks, spill a little ale on the ground for him, and/or leave a bit of cooked meat out for him, and you're good.

Comment

I wouldn't say Thor is my patron god but I do follow Norse gods and goddesses. I was actually approached by Frigga of the Norse and Morgana of the Celtic so I tend to follow both branches. I visualize and meditate before doing anything though so I know who to call on. It is more often then not the Norse pantheon and I've been praying to Thor a lot more recently.
                    (user formerly known as beckly_freckly)

You are a little soul carrying around a corpse.

Comment

Working...
                    X