This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Planning to rekindle a connection with the elememts

All my life I have felt a connection with the basic elements, air and fire in particular.
    As a teen I would sit with a lit candle, concentrating on manipulating the flame, watching it dance in my desired direction, growing to heights of my choice. I would call up a gust of wind or a gentle breeze on the hottest of days to cool myself and sometimes my friends (although I never pointed out to them that we were the only ones the breeze was reaching) I stuck to these minor things that felt natural and didn't seem to require much effort as I have never felt a desire to do anything dangerous or anything that might go even slightly beyond my control.
    I also had a lot of "spirits" and entities that I didn't understand around me, some felt good and kind, others not so much. This scared me to the point of avoiding practicing anything that wasn't socially considered "normal"

I am now 24 and have realised that these things are gifts that we should learn to live with and learn from them rather than hide in fear as so many have done for so long. But having avoided it for so long I find difficulty in even conjuring up a light breeze and am wondering if it's actually possible for me to get back to where I left off.

I am lacking in knowledge and I am unsure what it is I need these gifts for, but I have been told mainly in dreams and by voices seemingly from nowhere, that I am needed for a higher purpose, that I will need to regain what I have lost. But my problem is that I haven't got a clue where to start. So if there's any advice or tips etc. that anyone has to share, I would be very greatful to hear from anyone

Re: Planning to rekindle a connection with the elememts

Don't worry; all things to those who wait. Also known as practice makes perfect. Your degree of power is the same, it's simply that it has become used to venting off doing nothing in particular, and once more has to be trained to do what you want. It's also normal to be a bit anxious around spirits, if you don't feel confident in your ability to deal with them; you might want to train in some basic warding, in addition to elemental magic. In terms of practical application-
    . Try to determine if you're really good with fire, or if you're good at using air to use fire; there is a significant difference, and some people get confused.
    . Practice until you feel particularly drained, and then start again when you cease feeling drained; you need to get used to the small breezes again before you can readjust to dedicating your magic to the big breezes.
    . If you have a troublesome spirit, use wax as a barrier.
    . Determine precisely what has been contacting you in dreams and visions. It may be a god, a greater spirit, an essential representation; practically anything. It's also feasible for it to be unfriendly, or manipulative. Research. The Internet is your friend.

Comment

In the time I have had without practicing I have had other experiences which have strengthened me both physically and mentally and have helped me realise that no being can harm me unless I allow it to do so. Therefore the spirits and whatever else were once around me no longer cause any fear

I had never thought of it before but I do believe I was using the air to move the fire.

The only problem is thatwhen it comes to practicing until I feel particularly drained, I actually seem to be pretty drained all the time, whether practicing or not. So I find it hard to know where my limit lies on that one.

I know no name and the people i've seen vary other that the fact that they're always male. The voice is also that of a man, deep, husky and almost a whispered bellow. But I have no memory of being given a name. But I have been given messages to pass on to my partner and he's told me they've come from the gods. He seems positive of it but he doesn't know how he knows it

Comment

If you don't already, learn to center and ground daily. Practice meditative sessions to build your control. Even use affirmations to condition your subconscious mind. I find a simple phrase like "I am X" written on a card and said out loud several times a day and once just before sleep seems to be very effective.

The centering and grounding will recharge you energetically and the meditation will leave you relaxed and refreshed.
        The Dragon sees infinity and those it touches are forced to feel the reality of it.
        I am his student and his partner. He is my guide and an ominous friend.

Comment

Working...
        X