Who are your deities?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Who are your deities?

I've talked to others, but my favorites and the ones I work with the most are Athena and, more recently, Hermes.

Comment

My household Gods are Hestia, Hekate, Asklepios, and Tyche. In the course of the year, I get festivals for Zeus & Hera, Persephone & Hades, Dionysos, Artemis, Hermes, Aphrodite, Athena, Hephaistos, Demeter, Apollon, Ares, Poseidon, Helios, and Selene.

Comment

Psamathe (Neried of the beach), Sedna (Inuit ocean deity and mother of marinelife), La Sirene (Voodoo loa), Athirat-of-the-sea (Asherah-of-the-Sea, a variation of the Canaanite deity Asherah), Manannan mac Lir, Seshat, Hestia (I think these last few are self-evident), Suli (likely Proto-Celtic predecessor to Sulis and PIE cognate to Sunna and Shapash), Selvans (Etruscan god of the woods akin to the Roman Silvanus), Menrva (Etruscan predecessor to Minerva), Neptune-Nethuns (Nethune is the Etruscan god of wells, ocean, etc who became subsumed by the Roman Neptune and PIE cognate of several ocean deities the Celtic Nechtan)
        Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
        sigpic

Comment

Using the most common names it would be Hekate (especially her connection to the sea) though all aspects in general. Artemis in all her capacities vice just the prepubescent Olympian persona. Diana in her conflated persona with Artemis but also in her earlier persona that is found at Nemi (Aricia) which also borders with Hekate in her triformus aspect. Bastet in her solar persona mostly though also with her conflated persona with Artemis. Pahket though mostly again in the conflated persona with Artemis. Mafdet though she is harder to pull out as part of her lore becomes conflated with a number of other deities. Sekor though that was more so while I was active duty and in my younger years but still speak to him and honor him. One I simply call The Huntsman as I've never been able to identify him to a specific pantheon or person. Makes it difficult as he's had aspects of Herne, Hermes, Cernunous to name a few in how he looks and where he is encountered. lastly would be Poseidon as he is coming back more and more into things.

As you can see I sort of hover around three pantheons, Hellene (with aspects of Anatolian & Thracian influences), Kemetic and Roman. Sometimes Etruscan sort of pops in there but it with the likes of Artumes for instance which gets confusing due to probable conflating with Artemis or out and out importation into the Etruscan pantheon.
          I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
            Psamathe (Neried of the beach), Sedna (Inuit ocean deity and mother of marinelife), La Sirene (Voodoo loa), Athirat-of-the-sea (Asherah-of-the-Sea, a variation of the Canaanite deity Asherah), Manannan mac Lir, Seshat, Hestia (I think these last few are self-evident), Suli (likely Proto-Celtic predecessor to Sulis and PIE cognate to Sunna and Shapash), Selvans (Etruscan god of the woods akin to the Roman Silvanus), Menrva (Etruscan predecessor to Minerva), Neptune-Nethuns (Nethune is the Etruscan god of wells, ocean, etc who became subsumed by the Roman Neptune and PIE cognate of several ocean deities the Celtic Nechtan)

Comment

Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
              sigpic

Comment

My main deities are Satan, Beelzebub, Astaroth and Azazel. But I work with many other "lesser demons" like Raum, Orobas and Haures.

Check out my blog! The Daily Satanist

Comment

Whomever I pray to.
                  I don't know if I just have lots to choose from or if I'm being desperate. Perhaps both.
                  baah.

Comment

There are 50 major deities in the Sumerian pantheon and then there are the Italian deities and Egyptian deities that my wife and I also use. Some in our tradition have patron deities from the Norse, Greek and Native American Pantheons. Arratu doesn't limit who your patron deity is or from where it comes. We have the attitude that Deities have different names in different cultures so regardless of the name it is accepted.
                    The Dragon sees infinity and those it touches are forced to feel the reality of it.
                    I am his student and his partner. He is my guide and an ominous friend.

Comment

The five I focus on:
                      Stribog
                      Dazbog
                      Veles
                      Freyr
                      Freyja

Others:
                      Odin
                      Svarog
                      Perun/Thor
                      Vesna
                      Jarilo
                      Njord

Comment

I think I might go with Baubo,goddess of as they say Greek Goddess of Humor.
                        My kind of Goddess,she is also goddess of other things
                        The goddess Baubo was a fun-loving, bawdy, jesting, sexually liberated—yet very wise—goddess who played a crucial, role in in preserving the fertility of the land in ancient Greece.

Sauce and Pizza
                        MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                        NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                        don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                        http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Predominately I have worked with Hecate, Hermes, Lucifer, Satan, Mother Mary, and am coming to terms with Athena, Nemesis, and Poseidon.

Comment

Broadly, pretty much all of the Hellenic gods. That is the religious tradition to which I am most drawn, and I identify largely as a Hellenistic pagan. But I venerate some Roman gods, as well, particularly the ones centred around the household and family, and the ones regarding the state and people. Of the Hellenic pantheon I focus most on Zeus, Dionysos, Hermes, Hekate, Apollo, Hestia. The Roman gods I honour most are Jupiter, Juno, Janus, Vesta, and Mars.
                            I also venerate some gods of my Celtic ancestors, mainly Brighid. I honour Cernunnos and Pan as personal tutelary deities. And I honour, when appropriate, Columbia as the personified goddess of my country.

Though I'd say that I predominantly address or 'work with' Zeus, Hermes, Hekate, and Apollo the most. They all come into play in daily rituals. Apollo is who I speak to when I do purification rites (along with Brighid). Hermes I devote much attention to, as he is the bringing of luck, and is (in my mind) the patron of my profession. And Hekate is a goddess to whom my wife is much devoted, and to whom I call for aid when I do magic rituals, outside of Hellenic religious rituals.

Comment

Aphrodite. Lately I haven't been doing much of anything spirituality-wise though. Going to work on changing that.

Comment

Artemis (for the hunt), Dionysus (for the chaos and debauchery), Ganesh (Lord of Obstacles), and Naamah, who cherishes love above all things.

Mostly art.

Comment

Working...
                                X