Sportsmanship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sportsmanship

When you win or lose a game. Which do you prefer, good sportsmanship or bad sportsmanship?

Re: Sportsmanship

Losing ??? Who loses when you are brought up like this ??? Click image for larger version

Name:	hqdefault.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	18.6 KB
ID:	353115
    I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them ... John Bernard Books

Indian Chief 'Two Eagles' was asked by a white government official; "You have observed the white man for 90 years. You've seen his wars and his technological advances. You've seen his progress, and the damage he's done."

The Chief nodded in agreement.

The official continued; "Considering all these events, in your opinion, where did the white man go wrong?"

The Chief stared at the government official for over a minute and then calmly replied.. "When white man find land, Indians running it, no taxes, no debt, plenty buffalo, plenty beaver, clean water. Women did all the work, Medicine Man free. Indian man spend all day hunting and fishing; all night having sex."

Then the chief leaned back and smiled; "Only white man dumb enough to think he could improve system like that."

Comment

Originally posted by magusphredde View Post
      Losing ??? Who loses when you are brought up like this ??? [ATTACH=CONFIG]4458[/ATTACH]
      I think the best part about that guy was his twitter response to all the attention: 'I was just doing what any man would do, but thank you!'

Too bad there aren't more men (and women) like that...

If you can't win with humility, you are a you are just an a**.

Someone will always be better than you at something. Winning is a matter of determination, preparation, skill, and luck. But losing is a matter of determination, preparation, skill, and luck too. Bad luck can override all the preparation, determination, and skill in the world...and good luck can overcome all the determination, preparation, and skill in the world. As long as you do whatever it is you do with determination, preparation, and all the skill you can muster, it truly doesn't matter if you win or lose. Sure, sometimes losing sucks, and sometimes it makes you feel like crap...

...but when I remember the 2000 Sydney Olympics, the first person I remember is Eric Moussambani and the second person I remember is Ian Thorpe.
      Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
      sigpic

Comment

You can compete against others with greater or lesser abilities or you can compete against yourself. I choose to compete against myself because while I don't always improve, when I do it is a win.
        I believe the difference is that winning against others is a boost to ones ego where winning against yourself is more gratifying.
        The Dragon sees infinity and those it touches are forced to feel the reality of it.
        I am his student and his partner. He is my guide and an ominous friend.

Comment

I prefer to both see and teach good sportsmanship. Unfortunately it seem's what people see is bad sportsmanship from so called hero players and such who make big bucks. Yet even worse than that are the parents of youth teams who scream and shout out profanities at those games, at the players, the coaches and the ref's. Especially if they think their child is a super star and you either do not play them all the time or fail to see their greatness like the parent does.
          I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

Originally posted by monsno_leedra View Post
            Yet even worse than that are the parents of youth teams who scream and shout out profanities at those games, at the players, the coaches and the ref's. Especially if they think their child is a super star and you either do not play them all the time or fail to see their greatness like the parent does.
            My dad was totally one these!

He wasn't too horrible with my sister and I when we were kids (we were mostly only on swim team), but once our little brother was old enough to play, he became a bit of a monster from the stands as our brother loved all those ball game type sports. My mom threatened to divorce him at one point over it!

It was kind of nice in a way though; my sister and I could make extra cash by swimming laps for him at the pool so that we'd do better on our swim team. If he wasn't so competitive, I doubt we would have had so much extra money growing up :^^:

In answer to the OP's question, good sportsmanship is obviously the better response though; nobody likes a sore loser.

Comment

Working...
            X