Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Despite what you've heard, we need MORE poop

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
    Or run it through a stack of hay bails inoculated with oyster mushrooms. It'll clean the water and convert the nitrates into tasty food.
    and if you run urine thru hay you can recover the potassium nitrate to make black powder which would save hunting for the BAT CAVEClick image for larger version

Name:	batman-logo-big.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	16.6 KB
ID:	353124
    I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them ... John Bernard Books

Indian Chief 'Two Eagles' was asked by a white government official; "You have observed the white man for 90 years. You've seen his wars and his technological advances. You've seen his progress, and the damage he's done."

The Chief nodded in agreement.

The official continued; "Considering all these events, in your opinion, where did the white man go wrong?"

The Chief stared at the government official for over a minute and then calmly replied.. "When white man find land, Indians running it, no taxes, no debt, plenty buffalo, plenty beaver, clean water. Women did all the work, Medicine Man free. Indian man spend all day hunting and fishing; all night having sex."

Then the chief leaned back and smiled; "Only white man dumb enough to think he could improve system like that."

Comment

Originally posted by Briton View Post
      As long as it's filtered to remove copious unpronounceable chemicals in shampoo or hand wash.
      Why would one use a product on their person without understanding what is in it?

Why can't you use rainwater?
      It has its own problems too...mainly whatever it lands on and brings with it.
      Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
      sigpic

Comment

Not sure if Acid rain is still a big problem....
        MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
        NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
        don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
        http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

You know, one of the things that annoys me the most about self-righteous vegans is how they completely ignore the role of manure in organic farming. Manure is a super important part of adding nutrients to the soil, especially since organic farms are not allowed to use chemical fertilizers. "Green manure" and compost can do a lot, but manure adds a lot of things that those things can't. Organic farms usually use bonemeal as well. Where do they get all that manure? Usually from organic cattle and dairy farms. So, if they want to eat local, sustainably farmed veggies, those farms need to use animals in some way too.

Anyway, that was a bit of a tangent, but I just wanted to offer up a little piece of how important animal poop can be. A lot of people don't really understand what plants need to grow, or now soil flora and nutrients build up.

Comment

There was a story I read about elephants and trees. In a part of Africa elephants eat a fruit from a tree(they ONLY eat this fruit) and the tree seeds will ONLY grow if they pass through the digestive tract of elephants.

Think this is it.
            http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases...1118124534.htm

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Originally posted by Briton View Post
              As long as it's filtered to remove copious unpronounceable chemicals in shampoo or hand wash.
              Oh oh. Demonic unpronounceable chemicals...
              Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
                Oh oh. Demonic unpronounceable chemicals...
                Chemophobia strikes again...

I feel like I'm on a one woman "the dose makes the poison" crusade.

I love this one (which I think is pertinent to the greywater discussion):

Johnson & Johnson, recently made some radical changes to appease consumers (changes that brought with it some serious chemical misinformation). The famous amber colored "No More Tears" shampoo recently got a new formulation. In the past the well known shampoo contained formaldehyde. Actually, to be more accurate it contained preservatives that over time produced low levels of formaldehyde. How low? You would need to drink 15 bottles of shampoo to get the same exposure to formaldehyde that you get from eating one apple. You heard that right, an apple (and why in the world are you drinking shampoo?That's for washing babies). But Johnson & Johnson went through an exhausting process to reformulate the shampoo and remove the preservatives. All this because it makes them look good and consumers demanded it.

sauce
                I understand someone not wanting to use, say...a soap made with tallow that likely comes from commercial feedlots and conventional farming practices for environmental and/or ethical reasons. But unpronouncibility is not a hazard. Dihydrogen monoxide kills people all the time. And its not hard to look up what is in household cleaning products (the SDS sheet or the label) and compare it to a standard for human and environmental risk. Heck, some SDS sheets already include that information (like this one--note the environmental data on the L50). The problem is that if you go somewhere like the EWG site, they make their listings read like the tiny fraction in your tiny amount of shampoo is the equivelent of bathing in the stuff at 100%. If you don't know what you are looking for and reading, well...big words scare people
                Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                sigpic

Comment

If I can't say it, I won't eat it.

That's why I had to learn Spanish before I'd eat Mexican food. Frijoles charros indeed!

:devilish:
                  Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Burrito ala salsa magnito with cahones(spell check from Duce please)

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

just got a load of horsie poopie for the garden ... covered with a tarp and should be ready in the spring ... Next thing is a greenhouse ... gonna bank horsie poopie against it to generate heat in the winter ...
                      I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them ... John Bernard Books

Indian Chief 'Two Eagles' was asked by a white government official; "You have observed the white man for 90 years. You've seen his wars and his technological advances. You've seen his progress, and the damage he's done."

The official continued; "Considering all these events, in your opinion, where did the white man go wrong?"

The Chief stared at the government official for over a minute and then calmly replied.. "When white man find land, Indians running it, no taxes, no debt, plenty buffalo, plenty beaver, clean water. Women did all the work, Medicine Man free. Indian man spend all day hunting and fishing; all night having sex."

Then the chief leaned back and smiled; "Only white man dumb enough to think he could improve system like that."

Comment

Originally posted by magusphredde View Post
                        just got a load of horsie poopie for the garden ... covered with a tarp and should be ready in the spring ... Next thing is a greenhouse ... gonna bank horsie poopie against it to generate heat in the winter ...
                        Put a hen's egg in it and hatch a cockatrice.

Comment

that reminds me we need a rooster ... got a call for chicks but dont have a rooster ... got 7 new ducklings tho ... hopefully they be gone soon ... dang electric bill

Comment

For a rooster, try the local humane society about a month after Easter. Get there before the Chinese restaurant people do...

Comment

Working...
                            X