2 fighter jets track JLENS blimp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2 fighter jets track JLENS blimp

Ok,times they do change...Follow the story and its a blimp..maybe a modern blimp,but still a blimp.
    http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/10/28...r-in-maryland/

Growing up in Oakland it was normal to see the Goodyear blimp almost every day..but I guess a loose blimp these days need two fighter jets to follow it.
    MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
    NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
    don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
    http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Re: 2 fighter jets track JLENS blimp

I used to see Goodyear and Met Life blimps in NJ. This one's a super-secret spying blimp, though!
    sigpic
    Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

The fact that there is a 6700 foot cable dangling from the blimp is a real air traffic problem. The blimp would be easily seen but that cable you might not see until it was too late to get out of the way.
      The Dragon sees infinity and those it touches are forced to feel the reality of it.
      I am his student and his partner. He is my guide and an ominous friend.

Comment

Big question is why is there a cruise missile defense system that uses blimps on the east coast ...
        I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them ... John Bernard Books

Indian Chief 'Two Eagles' was asked by a white government official; "You have observed the white man for 90 years. You've seen his wars and his technological advances. You've seen his progress, and the damage he's done."

The Chief nodded in agreement.

The official continued; "Considering all these events, in your opinion, where did the white man go wrong?"

The Chief stared at the government official for over a minute and then calmly replied.. "When white man find land, Indians running it, no taxes, no debt, plenty buffalo, plenty beaver, clean water. Women did all the work, Medicine Man free. Indian man spend all day hunting and fishing; all night having sex."

Then the chief leaned back and smiled; "Only white man dumb enough to think he could improve system like that."

Comment

Originally posted by magusphredde View Post
          Big question is why is there a cruise missile defense system that uses blimps on the east coast ...
          Because blimps are cheap to keep in the air and sticking radar in the sky means you have greater distance before the curvature of the earth laughs at you? Plus if it works well enough on the East coast, they may use a modified form of it in areas at greater risk.
          life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

So, I don't have direct experience with JLENS but a lot of people with my MOS in the Army went to work on the system. It solves a lot of LOS issues our ground radars have and can be used in multiple middle defense systems. It's especially useful in mountain terrains where LOS would be generally cut short.

Comment

Working...
            X