This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi

Hi, my name is Davy and I'm obviously new to this forum. I thought it would be proper to introduce myself first. I'm 19 years old. I live in the Netherlands (and by that, English is not my native tongue. I apologise for any misspellings.)
    I was an atheist until around my 16th year, when I became a Christian. For two years I thought that would be the right path for me, but three weeks before my baptism I decided it wasn't. And now I don't really know what to believe, but I consider myself an atheist.

That doesn't take my search for the right path and interest in paganism (particularly Celtic) away. I hope (and know) I'll learn more about these subjects on this forum, for it has a huge variety of subcategories.
    If any of you might know of books that contain information about Celtic holidays (celebrations?) and their way of living, I would gladly hear about it.
    I also thank you for letting me join

Regards,

Davy

Re: Hi

Welcome from the hinterlands to the Netherlands!

Believe it or not, atheist pagans are all the rage these days

There's a section on Celtic paganism - ask your questions there and you'll get many friendly people offering help!

Best wishes!
    Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Welcome! There's a ton of resource material here, and lots of people to help if you get overwhelmed by it all.

Enjoy your search!
      ~Rudyard Kipling, The Cat Who Walks By Himself

Comment

Welcome to the forum!
        Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Hi!
          Welcome to the forum :^^:

Comment

Hallo landgenoot! Nice to have another Dutch person around. Welcome to the forum!

Comment

Thank you all for the kind welcome
              En ook hallo naar jou, Thrudr! Are we the only Dutchies around?

Comment

As far as I know we are. Have fun on the forum!

Comment

Hi Davy, welcome to the forum

I have a friend who is a practicing Celtic pagan and lives in Germany. Obviously if you have questions about it, there is the Celtic tradition section to read through, but if you have questions, I'll try and pass them along to him. I'm always interested to learn about the Celtic deities and practices, which were used in my country too.
                  I'm not one to ever pray for mercy
                  Or to wish on pennies in the fountain or the shrine
                  But that day you know I left my money
                  And I thought of you only
                  All that copper glowing fine

Comment

Working...
                  X