"Anonymouse" self-righteously sucks again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: "Anonymouse" self-righteously sucks again

What I was attempting to say, MO, was that through an act of terror (or, at least, a threat against one's professional reputation and/or livelihood) they are, ipso facto, making it dangerous to practice rights guaranteed under the constitution.

I don't defend the Klan (if I have to say this one more time I shall surely vomit), but I do defend the right of those who have not committed a crime to be as privately assholy as they choose.
    Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

If you are a Klan member and you haven't committed a crime, do the other Klans folk make fun of you?
      Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
        What I was attempting to say, MO, was that through an act of terror (or, at least, a threat against one's professional reputation and/or livelihood) they are, ipso facto, making it dangerous to practice rights guaranteed under the constitution.

I don't defend the Klan (if I have to say this one more time I shall surely vomit), but I do defend the right of those who have not committed a crime to be as privately assholy as they choose.
        Err, sure, sort of but that still isn't a Constitutional issue. The Bill of Rights only restricts government, once upon a time it only restricted the Feds, then the 14th was shoved down the throat of the States. The Constitution gives you zero protection against your fellow citizens unless your fellow citizens are acting on behalf of the government. It empowers and directs the government of the United States to do that type of thing just as state constitutions empower and direct the state governments. Otherwise it would be a Constitutional issue every time we banned an asshat on PF. Anonymous isn't legally in error for releasing names. They're legally in error for the methods they took to get those names.

To go another route,

If I know someone is cheating on his wife then I have every right to say this loudly to as many people as I like though (though I better be able to demonstrate it, slander lawsuits happen and truth is a very convenient defense). If I suspect someone is cheating on his wife then I do not have the right to hack into his e-mail account for proof.
        life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by MaskedOne View Post
          If I know someone is cheating on his wife then I have every right to say this loudly to as many people as I like though (though I better be able to demonstrate it, slander lawsuits happen and truth is a very convenient defense). If I suspect someone is cheating on his wife then I do not have the right to hack into his e-mail account for proof.
          I understand. My extreme irritation comes from implied threat of exposure carried by the ability and demonstrated willingness to hack into private information. It isn't a constitutional issue, but it is a societal issue, and (obviously, IMHO) one to be concerned about.
          Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

It's not the telling of information , but how the information was gathered in the first pace that is the problem ... If I shout about the someone robbing a ban, no big deal ... But if I hacked the police computers to get the info then there is a big deal ...
            I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them ... John Bernard Books

Indian Chief 'Two Eagles' was asked by a white government official; "You have observed the white man for 90 years. You've seen his wars and his technological advances. You've seen his progress, and the damage he's done."

The Chief nodded in agreement.

The official continued; "Considering all these events, in your opinion, where did the white man go wrong?"

The Chief stared at the government official for over a minute and then calmly replied.. "When white man find land, Indians running it, no taxes, no debt, plenty buffalo, plenty beaver, clean water. Women did all the work, Medicine Man free. Indian man spend all day hunting and fishing; all night having sex."

Then the chief leaned back and smiled; "Only white man dumb enough to think he could improve system like that."

Comment

Originally posted by MaskedOne View Post

True, but you better be prepared to have some charges levied against you for hacking (if you get caught), and some civil lawsuit for (whether its true or not) for the means in which you got said information.
              Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
              sigpic

Comment

Eh, I'm actually totally ok with this. Suck it Klan.
                Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
                  True, but you better be prepared to have some charges levied against you for hacking (if you get caught), and some civil lawsuit for (whether its true or not) for the means in which you got said information.
                  Err, didn't I say that? I'm not allowed to collect information illegally. If I come across the information through legal means (and without any binding contracts) though then I am free to disclose it.
                  life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

AcehGround.com merupakan Portal Berita Aceh yang menyajikan Berita Terkini mulai dari Berita skala Daerah, Nasional hingga Internasional.
                    Last edited by thalassa; 02 Nov 2015, 10:28. Reason: double post

Comment

On Monday, the group followed through, publishing its first batch of information: an (unverified) list of 57 phone numbers and 23 email addresses allegedly belonging to KKK members. Multiple Twitter commenters questioned the veracity of the information shortly after its release, reporting that many of the numbers belong to businesses with no clear link to the Klan.
                      And

In an email to The Huffington Post, a spokesman for one of the senators on the list denied any affiliation with the KKK and labeled the allegation as "baseless internet garbage."

"This information is absolutely false and comes from an unverified source," said a spokeswoman for a different senator, adding that he "has never been affiliated with the KKK." Representatives for two other senators on the list did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

Mayors named in the release have also flatly denied any link to the organization. Since the allegations against the senators and mayors are uncorroborated, HuffPost has opted not to publish their names.
                      And

"We wont release names w/out due diligence," the tweet (from the gutless wonders*) read. "We discourage the circulation of disinfo & will not promote an unverifiable list of politicians."
                      Yeah. Sure. That's why you hide behind a mask instead of putting your name on a publication and facing the music when you're wrong like big people do.

* added for clarification

Comment

Anonymous has stated that the list of elected officials being circulated did not come from them.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePaganMafia View Post
                          Anonymous has stated that the list of elected officials being circulated did not come from them.
                          They have released a partial list. The rest come out on the 5th.

Comment

Be funny if one of the "unverified" phone numbers was Obamas private cell phone

- - - Updated - - -

Be funny if one of the "unverified" phone numbers was Obamas private cell phone
                            I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them ... John Bernard Books

Indian Chief 'Two Eagles' was asked by a white government official; "You have observed the white man for 90 years. You've seen his wars and his technological advances. You've seen his progress, and the damage he's done."

The Chief nodded in agreement.

The official continued; "Considering all these events, in your opinion, where did the white man go wrong?"

The Chief stared at the government official for over a minute and then calmly replied.. "When white man find land, Indians running it, no taxes, no debt, plenty buffalo, plenty beaver, clean water. Women did all the work, Medicine Man free. Indian man spend all day hunting and fishing; all night having sex."

Then the chief leaned back and smiled; "Only white man dumb enough to think he could improve system like that."

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
                              You know what?

Terrorism is terrorism, even when you don't like the target.

If anybody thinks that their OWN privacy should be respected, they ought to respect the privacy of OTHERS.

Much like freedom of speech, it isn't there just for those you agree with.
                              Freedom of speech only applies within the relationship between individuals and the government, not between two different individuals.

What Anonymous is doing is good. Racists, neo-Nazis and other bigots need to be unmasked and mocked publicly for their reactionary and hateful beliefs.

Comment

Originally posted by ApexPredator54 View Post
                                Freedom of speech only applies within the relationship between individuals and the government, not between two different individuals.

What Anonymous is doing is good. Racists, neo-Nazis and other bigots need to be unmasked and mocked publicly for their reactionary and hateful beliefs.
                                But, by that argument, Anonymous should then ALSO be unmasked and mocked for THEIR reactionary beliefs. No one likes a rat, no matter what side you're on. It's like the idea that the woman who the guy cheated on his girlfriend with becomes the girlfriend. How long until he then cheats on her? I do not condone racism or bigotry, but what is good to be done to one group should be good to be done to all. I'm sure it would be a totally different story if the folks who exposed them would now be outed as well, and therefore potential targets of the ones they made targets of.

Comment

Working...
                                X