Again - Satanists stand up for religious freedom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Again - Satanists stand up for religious freedom

Oh, those wacky Satanists are at it again, forcing public institutions to either REALLY offer equal representation to ALL religions, or to none at all:

Praying Football Coach Suspended After Satanists Plan Invocation: "The school district needs to create religious opportunity for everyone or ban it completely."

Too bad we have that pesky Constitution-thingy that the up & coming crop of Republican candidates would like to trash...
    Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Re: Again - Satanists stand up for religious freedom

bi-partisan politics ... both sides wanna rip the constitution ...
    I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them ... John Bernard Books

Indian Chief 'Two Eagles' was asked by a white government official; "You have observed the white man for 90 years. You've seen his wars and his technological advances. You've seen his progress, and the damage he's done."

The Chief nodded in agreement.

The official continued; "Considering all these events, in your opinion, where did the white man go wrong?"

The Chief stared at the government official for over a minute and then calmly replied.. "When white man find land, Indians running it, no taxes, no debt, plenty buffalo, plenty beaver, clean water. Women did all the work, Medicine Man free. Indian man spend all day hunting and fishing; all night having sex."

Then the chief leaned back and smiled; "Only white man dumb enough to think he could improve system like that."

Comment

I love how every time one of these Christian peeps (let's not kid ourselves. It aint ever any other religion) does something like this and ends up crossing the separation of church and state, they get all huffy about freedom of religion. Then another religion steps on up and suddenly they are all about law abiding separation of church and state.

Eventually they will catch on. They are just a tad slower then the rest.
      Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

In this case, the threat of allowing Satanists to have the same freedom as Christians forced separation of church & state. That's what I like. There are some political advantages to being disliked, it seems, if you are clever in how you use it
        Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

What a lovely thing, to see freedom of religion actually enforced. Now if only we could strike the words "Under God" from the pledge of allegience...

Comment

This is a christian nation!

What? No you can't have a pagan ceremony on the front lawn of the Capitol, it would be unconstitutional.
            I'm not one to ever pray for mercy
            Or to wish on pennies in the fountain or the shrine
            But that day you know I left my money
            And I thought of you only
            All that copper glowing fine

Comment

It is a shame many people still think that Satanism is evil and some are so afraid of reading the literature written by practitioners that they continue to speak their devil's own tongue (lies and slander). My biggest problem with the media attention is they usually interview the goofs of the religion (be it Satanism or Wicca), not the down to Earth members that represent their faith/philosophy in a grounded way, which the Greater Church of Lucifer was lucky to have an open minded reporter to write about them and represent them on the news in a down to Earth manner.

American prisons were some of the first places to allow freedom of religious practice, be it monotheistic, Satanist, Wiccan, or whatever.

Comment

No one wants to hear that as a Satanist, I pay taxes, deal with a chronic illness or like pink and Hello Kitty. It doesn't jive with their prejudged opinion of us. Typically we are just boring.
                Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

its your NIN tattoo that gets them ... Or maybe people just jealous of your sexyness ...
                  I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them ... John Bernard Books

Indian Chief 'Two Eagles' was asked by a white government official; "You have observed the white man for 90 years. You've seen his wars and his technological advances. You've seen his progress, and the damage he's done."

The Chief nodded in agreement.

The official continued; "Considering all these events, in your opinion, where did the white man go wrong?"

The Chief stared at the government official for over a minute and then calmly replied.. "When white man find land, Indians running it, no taxes, no debt, plenty buffalo, plenty beaver, clean water. Women did all the work, Medicine Man free. Indian man spend all day hunting and fishing; all night having sex."

Then the chief leaned back and smiled; "Only white man dumb enough to think he could improve system like that."

Comment

Thank you, Satanists. Again.

I generally agree that the media always misrepresent and interview the goofiest attention grabbers. Alas, in cases like this, I think it is the fear and misunderstanding that cause them to suddenly realize that they need to follow the constitution. Shhh. Maybe they aren't ready to know about boring and pink and Hello Kitty .

Comment

hello Kitty???...eyes trained on the Duce...suspicious behavior for a child of Satan...are you not supposed to act like Wednesday from the Adams Family??
                      MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                      NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                      don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                      http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Admit it. You only claim to like Hello Kitty so that you can get close and then use the dolls for your sick, twisted, sacrificial rights.

Hmmm. I used to work with a woman whose entire home (walls, furniture, counters, floors, everything) was decorated with various shades of pink and Hello Kitty. I figured that she had to be a bride of Satan just for that reaaon.

Comment

Why have a darned Constitution if we can't have equal rights? Ya know? It troubles me that some people think of this country as a certain religious type of country. I think what the they did, placing the guy on leave was right. It shows that they are supporting the rights of other religions.
                          Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

I like how in the related article, the one regarding HIS lawsuit against the school district for denying him the right to pray, it was cited the issues of Abercrombie & Fitch vs. a Muslim employee, and the prison system vs. a Muslim man. While on the surface, the situation can be possibly seen as the same thing, but once the details are examined, they are completely different types of situations. It is an intrinsic part of the religion that requires the A&F girl to wear her head covering, and it is an intrinsic part of the religion that requires the prisoner to grow a beard. I am going to make an assumption that the prayer in which the coach is participating is that of a Christian variety, since if it were of any other type of faith, it most likely would have been mentioned. With that in mind, I can't remember of hearing of ANY Christian sect that REQUIRES the recitation of a prayer on the field of a sporting event (Of course, there maybe somewhere out there The Church of the Holy Football, with Jesus in a football uniform with HOLY TRINITY on the back instead of a number). The law states that there are concessions to be made for requirements of faith, not simply because an individual decides it's a good idea or a fun time to practice in such a way.

The article also made mention of the inclusion of the team in the prayer, and that while it is specifically said attendance in such is not mandatory, it can be seen as a form of coercion, with the potential for ostracization and unequal treatment of the person who decided not to participate. I've seen things of that nature in the past, from school to social clubs to the workplace (not due to prayer, but other activities). The easiest way to prevent this from happening is to simply not allow the prayer to take place. If it isn't happening, no one can be branded as an "outsider" for not taking part, and no one can claim religious preference is taking place, either. A school's role is to provide a comfortable, level, and safe place for children to learn, grow, and gain socialization. Exclusion by any means defeats that purpose.

Comment

How does suspending a football coach for publicly praying advance religious freedom? So long as no-one else is required to join in, how were their rights violated?

Why have a constitution? Good question. We do very well without one in the UK, while the US one seems to fuel endless arguments about how to interpret it. It's a bit like Christians arguing about how to interpret the Bible, if you think about it!

Incidentally, a head covering is not mandatory for Muslim women. It's not universal, and the Al Azhar university has issued a fatwa stating that it is merely an Arab tradition and not religious.

Comment

Working...
                              X