Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Would like to cast a love/relationship spell on someone but unsure of their birthday.

May 2005
    Religion
    LaVeyan Satanist
    Phrase
    A Clockwork orange

Re: Would like to cast a love/relationship spell on someone but unsure of their birth

Uh, this person you wanna be in love with and you don't know their birth date?
    Satan is my spirit animal

Oct 2015
    Religion
    Norse Pagan (self taught - looking for more traditions)

Re: Would like to cast a love/relationship spell on someone but unsure of their birth

Look Any spell that changes a person's emotions without them knowing is Coercive and in my books,just plain wrong. and this is from a guy who has had less than the best of luck with women in his life so I'm advising you from a position of experience. Magic to help yourself in that way is just not gonna help you much and the backlash may be more than you expect. If you're looking to see if there are sparks so to speak a simple open calling spell might be best. if there are the sparks you believe then it might help them ignite so to speak without any coercion, if there aren't it may well attract someone who is better for you anyway.

Jun 2015
    Religion
    Seeking a shamanic ancestor veneration path.

I agree with Munin and Willow. If there are mutual feelings then they will grow upon starting a relationship. If you have any reason to believe there is an obstacle you can get through, like confidence then sure, there will be ways to do that. If there are obstacles for them then that's their issue. If you two can't get beyond platonic friendship I find it morally dubious to bend their will through magic for your benefit. It's the magical equivalent of a date rape drug. OK so you may find that analogy offensive, but if you're trying to affect another person without their consent, the old sense of 'rape' ie violate individual sovereignty, it's not really that different. If they want to put the effort in to make a relationship with you work, then they will. I think, and this is my own opinion I happily admit, that spells on another person should be avoided at all costs, the only exceptions being that without said spell someone might get hurt. Even then, you can't see all possible implications, and a well intended spell may just be a little short sighted (humans have a tendency to be) and cause more damage in the long run, because someone hasn't learnt a valuable lesson.
    I'm not one to ever pray for mercy
    Or to wish on pennies in the fountain or the shrine
    But that day you know I left my money
    And I thought of you only
    All that copper glowing fine

lady sings the blues DanieMarie's Avatar
    Oct 2009
    Religion
    Solitary Pagan

Quote Originally Posted by thalassa View Post
    A spell is not like baking a cake. If you forget the baking soda, its not going to go flat. Its more like making a pot of soup. Say, you don't have carrots. Okay, leave them out. Say you don't have onion. Okay, use garlic instead.

Basically, you don't need each and every of the components of that spell to do it. You need you, and you need intention, and you need the ability to focus that intention on your desired outcome. Everything else is just props. And yes, the props can help you in terms of focus and mood-setting, but they aren't essential.
    This. I always find that intention and focus are key. Everything else is just tools. They can be helpful, but you can improvise and work with what you have.