Interesting question:Religion Makes Children More Selfish, Say Scientists

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interesting question:Religion Makes Children More Selfish, Say Scientists

Interesting thing,perhaps a discussion about this.
    Sauce

And a quote:
    Morality is often associated with religion, but new research reveals that children from religious households are actually less generous than kids from a secular background.

Your thoughts:
    MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
    NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
    don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
    http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Re: Interesting question:Religion Makes Children More Selfish, Say Scientists

The Republican Party being a great example of this.

Comment

“Secularity – like having your laws and rules based on rational thinking, reason rather than holy books – is better for everybody.” ... sounds good to me ...
      I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them ... John Bernard Books

Indian Chief 'Two Eagles' was asked by a white government official; "You have observed the white man for 90 years. You've seen his wars and his technological advances. You've seen his progress, and the damage he's done."

The Chief nodded in agreement.

The official continued; "Considering all these events, in your opinion, where did the white man go wrong?"

The Chief stared at the government official for over a minute and then calmly replied.. "When white man find land, Indians running it, no taxes, no debt, plenty buffalo, plenty beaver, clean water. Women did all the work, Medicine Man free. Indian man spend all day hunting and fishing; all night having sex."

Then the chief leaned back and smiled; "Only white man dumb enough to think he could improve system like that."

Comment

I believe it. Most religions foster the idea of "my way is right therefore everything else is wrong", which tends to be divisive and eventually insulating. It reinforces the idea of tribalism.
        Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
        sigpic

Comment

This was a reply in a discussion about "In God We Trust" being on police cars. It's exactlythe attitude being taught to children:

"To those who doesn't support the saying or our Lord you really need to realize where we live. We live in the bible belt!!! If you can't understand why people would support this maybe you should move on to an area that better fits your lifestyle. The bible belt needs all the support it can get, not negativity. I hope to see the stickers in a lot more places!"
          sigpic
          Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkfeathers View Post
            This was a reply in a discussion about "In God We Trust" being on police cars.
            I prefer the Decepticons police car saying from Transformers "To Punish and Enslave"

Comment

When I saw that this was experimental psychology, and carried out by a biologist rather than a psychologist, I knew what to expect. "Religion" represented by Christianity (what sort?) and Islam (what sort?) only and a very crude experiment of the sort that you might expect an undergraduate to cook up. This sort of thing is not science - it's pseudoscience.

Comment

Working...
              X