Ultimate sit down meal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ultimate sit down meal

After careful consideration and over 52,000 meals taken around the world in a few different cultures and dares I have decided on my ultimate meal ...

In order I want it served to me ...

Drink ... Diet Pepsi with just a little ice ...

Salad ... romaine lettuce, cherry tomatoes halved, diced cucumber, shredded sharp cheddar cheese, pickled green beans, bleu cheese dressing and garlic croutons ...

Steak and potatoes and veggie ... 12-16 ounce porterhouse steak done blue rare (moo rare) ... No toppings or spices ... I wanna taste my beef ... large baked potato with unsalted sweet cream butter (lots, I like it on my skins), sour cream, fresh chives, real fresh bacon crumbles ... Corn on the cob roasted in the husk (butter here too) ...

Dessert ... Hmm ... Hot apple pie with orange sherbet ...

After dinner a nice snifter of Glenfarclas 1990 cask strength or 30 year old Glen Moray ...That's singe malt Scotch ...
    I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them ... John Bernard Books

Indian Chief 'Two Eagles' was asked by a white government official; "You have observed the white man for 90 years. You've seen his wars and his technological advances. You've seen his progress, and the damage he's done."

The Chief nodded in agreement.

The official continued; "Considering all these events, in your opinion, where did the white man go wrong?"

The Chief stared at the government official for over a minute and then calmly replied.. "When white man find land, Indians running it, no taxes, no debt, plenty buffalo, plenty beaver, clean water. Women did all the work, Medicine Man free. Indian man spend all day hunting and fishing; all night having sex."

Then the chief leaned back and smiled; "Only white man dumb enough to think he could improve system like that."

Re: Ultimate sit down meal

Hmmm. I'll have to really put some thought into this. And let me tell you, I'm not going to settle for some simple little 3 courses

Comment

Whatever it is, it has to start with toasted ravioli and a salad from Zia's in St Louis and end in brownie bottom cheesecake.
      Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
      sigpic

Comment

Do I actually need to say the word or is it taken as a given by this point?
        life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

For me, it's gonna be seafood. I don't know what, but there will be steamed clams and some kind of crabs, and, hopefully, some form of squid...
          Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

I be going for a casserole,and meat loaf and potatoes mashed with pepper gravy..for desert a nice apple pie.
            MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
            NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
            don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
            http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Start with some fresh fruit salad, fresh salmon or red snapper poached in a mixture of white wine, lemon juice and water, asparagus, fresh sourdough with parsley butter. Top it off with a snifter of cherry brandy and french vanilla ice cream with a cherry compote in light syrup.
              The Dragon sees infinity and those it touches are forced to feel the reality of it.
              I am his student and his partner. He is my guide and an ominous friend.

Comment

Begin with a bowl of roasted stew, complete with a loaf of bread and cheese. Complimented with some dark red wine.
                Slowly move onto a main course of fresh salmon, and ox leg. Also complimented with a glass of dark red wine.
                Dessert composes of the rest of the bottle of dark red wine. And then some more wine.
                "In the shade now tall forms are advancing,
                And their wan hands like snowflakes in the moonlight are gleaming;
                They beckon, they whisper, 'Oh! strong armed in valor,
                The pale guests await thee - mead foams in Valhalla.'"
                - Finn's Saga

http://hoodednorseman.tumblr.com/

Comment

pizza and diet dr pepper
                  Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

I don't really have particular items I want for my ultimate meal. I have different people and chefs I want for each course. I could probably settle with a 7 course tasting, and I would want my sommelier at Fearings to do the wine pairing.
                    "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Comment

Working...
                    X