Starbucks insults Christians; doesn't have snowflake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Starbucks insults Christians; doesn't have snowflake

The terrible assault on Christians took a nasty turn recently when Starbucks launched a despicable attack - the Starbucks Christmas coffee cup is red and green but... (Punchline... Wait for it...)...

There is NO SNOWFLAKE on it! Not anywhere!

I guess you can't have your cake and drink a double espresso latte from a holy grail, too.

Some folks have to little to worry about, IMHO.
    Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Re: Starbucks insults Christians; doesn't have snowflake

WTF. The comments about the store not celebrating Christmas got me the most. So, changing ALL of the cups across the world in an international chain to a colour associated with Christmas is "not celebrating Christmas"? Wouldn't "not celebrating Christmas" be more like not changing the cups at all and going on as if the holiday weren't there?

Also, it's a freaking cup.

Comment

That is just absurdly silly. Why someone would actually care about the lack of a snowflake on a coffee cup, to the extent that they would make their opinion known, baffles me. In any case, it isn't like Christmas is a purely Christian holiday in the US (and elsewhere); plenty of people celebrate it for secular reasons, which makes this oddly specific complaint even more strange to me.

Comment

Yet again, we have another case of folks manufacturing issues purely for the sake of wanting their moment in the spotlight. There's a pretty awful trend over the past decade or so that people seem to NEED controversy and discord, reaching out and grasping at anything they can to shout out "I'M BEING OPPRESSED!" It's disgusting. Like the woman the other day declaring she was stopped by police for "walking while black", to this crap. I blame social media.

Comment

And, in this case, it is so clearly OBVIOUSLY fabricated.

What the heck do snowflakes have to do with Christ, anyway? It's not like Starbucks put inverted crosses on the cups or something.
          Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Because it was CLEARLY snowing when Jesus was born in Bethlehem, duh. The Middle East gets LOADS of snow.

Comment

And some people use such symbolism because it doesn't have anything to do with Christianity...

What were those Christians doing at Starbucks anyway? Are they not bothered with the pic of Yemaya on the cup?
              baah.

Comment

I reckon Starbucks orchestrated this so that people would be talking about them...
                www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Comment

Starbucks' media team is pretty durned clever...

Comment

Its freaking coffee,I am surprised there is no protest about coffee plantations eating up the rain Forrest or something.. And really why does Starbucks have to have ANY Christmas stuff,except for advertising reasons.
                    MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                    NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                    don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                    http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

So, a virtue of having a convenient Catholic relative to show this to is that I get her opinion which amounts to

1. The red and green cups are cool
                      2. Starbucks doesn't have to do anything for Christmas
                      3. Going red and green for Christmas voluntarily was a nice move by Starbucks
                      4. The complaining parties are beings idiots.
                      life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
                        And, in this case, it is so clearly OBVIOUSLY fabricated.

What the heck do snowflakes have to do with Christ, anyway? It's not like Starbucks put inverted crosses on the cups or something.
                        Maybe I misunderstood you, but the inverted cross is a Christian symbol.
                        I'm not one to ever pray for mercy
                        Or to wish on pennies in the fountain or the shrine
                        But that day you know I left my money
                        And I thought of you only
                        All that copper glowing fine

Comment

Originally posted by Briton View Post
                          Maybe I misunderstood you, but the inverted cross is a Christian symbol.
                          Sometimes. Other times it's anti-Christian. If it makes you feel better, pretend I said "put 666 on the cups" sarcastically.

Comment

I am sorry,but can we boycott them for not putting winter solstice things on their cups..like a yule log,or Christmas tree(cause pagan symbol)..Is Santa a christian symbol????
                            I am thinking a GIANT Dollar sign,cause that is what Christmas is all about these days.

Marry freaking Christmas(And it is GREEN)
                            MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                            NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                            don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                            http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Anunitu attacks Christians! Anunitu attacks Christians!

Anything pagan is an attack on Christians. This is America! Our ancestors came here to escape pagans.

Comment

Working...
                              X