Starbucks insults Christians; doesn't have snowflake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Starbucks insults Christians; doesn't have snowflake

Yup - It wouldn't be funny if Starbucks had put something like "Screw Christians, and your little holiday, too" on the cups.

It's only funny because some small section of a vast group is making a mountain out of a pimple. It's not even a pimple, actually, now that I think about it...
    Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by DanieMarie View Post
      I don't think anyone is saying that these nutjobs represent all Christians...
      I wasn't insinuating anyone in this thread was saying that. Just putting in my own two cents on the topic as a whole
      "In the shade now tall forms are advancing,
      And their wan hands like snowflakes in the moonlight are gleaming;
      They beckon, they whisper, 'Oh! strong armed in valor,
      The pale guests await thee - mead foams in Valhalla.'"
      - Finn's Saga

http://hoodednorseman.tumblr.com/

Comment

http://www.collegehumor.com/post/703...-cup-offensive this turned up on my Facebook frontpage
        You remind me of the babe
        What babe?
        The babe with the power
        What power?
        The Power of voodoo
        Who do?
        You do!
        Do what?
        Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Comment

In accordance with stricter language guidelines, I am going to replace my very bad words with less offensive ones.

I am so fishing sick of this "War on Christmas" burger! I can count on one hand the number of items I've seen out during the winter Holidays FOR Hanukkah. Never anything specifically for other holidays that occur during the winter, unless I'm in a pagan store. Here in America, Christians make up 70% of the fishing population, but every year, I have to hear this brainless drivel about how "happy holidays" is an attack on Jesus Christ. Because there's only one fishing holiday between October and January!

Good. Gravy. Instead of dogging about a "War On Christmas", where I see Christmas burger out before October is halfway over, maybe these fishing morons could actually do some good if they focused on burger that Christians are supposed to--like helping the poor, the sick, the hungry--instead of dogging and whining because the place you choose to buy your material goods at chooses to recognize that CHRISTIANITY ISN'T THE ONLY FISHING RELIGION IN THE WORLD.

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

Aren't Christians always going on about how 'commercial' the baby Jesus' bday is? Aren't they always about being traditional and non commercial?

Then get the eff out of the Starbuck's line.
            Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

That is fishing brilliant,just fishing great and you know I give a fish sometimes
              MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
              NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
              don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
              http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Sometimes a fish ... Sometimes (in winter) a snowflock ... 'Tis the giving season ...
                I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them ... John Bernard Books

Indian Chief 'Two Eagles' was asked by a white government official; "You have observed the white man for 90 years. You've seen his wars and his technological advances. You've seen his progress, and the damage he's done."

The Chief nodded in agreement.

The official continued; "Considering all these events, in your opinion, where did the white man go wrong?"

The Chief stared at the government official for over a minute and then calmly replied.. "When white man find land, Indians running it, no taxes, no debt, plenty buffalo, plenty beaver, clean water. Women did all the work, Medicine Man free. Indian man spend all day hunting and fishing; all night having sex."

Then the chief leaned back and smiled; "Only white man dumb enough to think he could improve system like that."

Comment

What were those Christians doing at Starbucks anyway? Are they not bothered with the pic of Yemaya on the cup?
                  This was exactly my thought when I saw the pictures of the cups. We don't have Starbucks in my town! QQ.

Comment

I actually like the name "Starbucks." It was a guy in Moby Dick, who had a good disposition be cause he smoked two pipes every night before going to bed.

Apparently, Starbucks almost called itself "Pequod," after the ship.
                    Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Awesome memes taking the piss out of the whole stupid cup thing.

And some more.

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

And this one! Click image for larger version

Name:	Starbucks.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	54.8 KB
ID:	353162
                        sigpic
                        Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

I love the last one on both the lists ...
                          I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them ... John Bernard Books

Indian Chief 'Two Eagles' was asked by a white government official; "You have observed the white man for 90 years. You've seen his wars and his technological advances. You've seen his progress, and the damage he's done."

The Chief nodded in agreement.

The official continued; "Considering all these events, in your opinion, where did the white man go wrong?"

The Chief stared at the government official for over a minute and then calmly replied.. "When white man find land, Indians running it, no taxes, no debt, plenty buffalo, plenty beaver, clean water. Women did all the work, Medicine Man free. Indian man spend all day hunting and fishing; all night having sex."

Then the chief leaned back and smiled; "Only white man dumb enough to think he could improve system like that."

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
                            I actually like the name "Starbucks." It was a guy in Moby Dick, who had a good disposition be cause he smoked two pipes every night before going to bed.

Apparently, Starbucks almost called itself "Pequod," after the ship.
                            I did not know that, thank you!
                            Come geek out with me and my buddies on The Bizzarp! Podcast - new episodes every Friday!

"Biting my truant pen, beating myself for spite,"Fool," said my Muse to me, "look in thy heart, and write."
                            - Sir Philip Sidney

Comment

Originally posted by DanieMarie View Post
                              Apparently lack of stuff like Christmas trees and reindeer are also a problem. This is just mind blowing, because those have nothing to do with Christianity, and they didn't even hit the English-speaking world until the 19th century. The Christmas tree is a GERMAN tradition, and the only reason y'all adopted it is because British royalty kept marrying Germans and because Germans were a major immigrant group for a long time. The first Christmas tree in the UK was set up in the royal palace in 1800 because the queen consort to George III was German. It pretty much remained a royal thing until later on, though, after Prince Albert (another German) helped spread the tradition throughout the UK. In North America, y'all have them because of German immigrants. And don't even get me started on reindeer. That tradition is so modern that it didn't even exist until "The Night Before Christmas" was published in 1823.

Those people who are SO offended by the lack of modern Christmas symbols really have to ask themselves about what people did before the 19th century. They celebrated Christmas without trees, reindeer, or snowflakes, and it was still Christmas.
                              Actually Danie Christmas trees first crossed to us in the first year of WW1. Along large parts of the front an unofficial truce was held and honored and many traditions crossed societies through grossing the trenches. The next year officers were told to shoot anyone trying to uphold a similar unofficial truce.

Look up the christmas truce sometime. I think there's even a doco on it.

Comment

Some Christians are so easy to insult

Comment

Working...
                                X