• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is Life Fair?

Do you think life is fair?

Re: Is Life Fair?

No, life is not fair.

That's not to say that I don't think we should even the playing field a little bit. Giving people equal access to health care and education and a progressive taxation system that irons out some of the inequalities due to wealth and privilege helps people make the most out of their situation. But we can only go so far. We can look out for each other and help take care of each other, but we can't save everyone who doesn't want to look out for themselves as well.

Comment

Nope - never was, never will be. I agree with DanieMarie that the playing field should be as level as possible, but people will never get fair out of the universe. The universe doesn't care about fair.
      Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

If life were fair then humanity would've been wiped out by a series of insanely overpowered and far too specialized viruses by now to put a lid on the amount of damage we deal to every other life form on the planet. This would mean no is around to produce and glorify pizza. Rejoice, life is not fair and the human species currently has the deck weighted heavily in its favor.
        life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Yes,we humans may not be perfect...BUT we have stacked the deck against all other contenders...
          MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
          NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
          don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
          http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Nope - life screws us all it takes no prisoners and holds no quarter. We make the best of (or excuses) for our poor nature. Utopia only works on paper due to humanities greed and individuality. That what makes life fun and interesting, taking the good with the bad and persevering through it all leaving what legacy we can behind for our progeny to learn from and grow.

Comment

Originally posted by Bartmanhomer View Post
              Do you think life is fair?
              Of course not.
              It just is what it is.
              www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Comment

"Life is pain your Highness, anyone who says anything differently is selling something"
                Always taking art commissions, especially for fantasy and pagan related artwork
                Featured on Deviantart, Storenvy, Facebook, and Cafepress
                sigpic

Comment

Life doesn't have to be fair... It is balanced.
                  The balance is concealed until you yourself become balanced.
                  The Dragon sees infinity and those it touches are forced to feel the reality of it.
                  I am his student and his partner. He is my guide and an ominous friend.

Comment

No. But just be caused it's not in your favor doesn't make it unfair. It's unfair because good people get screwed, and awful people get away with awful things.
                    Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

No, without a doubt not fair

That being said however does not me that things cannot be evened out, one way or another. Also we keep trying, keep pushing. When you stop trying you stop living.

Comment

Define fair,you miss a light,and so are late to some place that just got hit by a bomb...so not fair cause you were late,or more than fair because you were LATE?
                        MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                        NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                        don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                        http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Of course it is. We are given hardships to show ourselves how strong and determined we really are to see our life through. We are given the faculty of discernment with laughter. Chaos Magic literature is rife with Laughter as the greatest banishing, and how is it unfair that we are gifted with the ability to laugh hardship in the face? The great master Mr. Miyagi said it himself in Karate Kid 2 "You can't trust a Zen master that doesn't like to dance." Monastic life is tough, yet smiling and dancing helps relieve all the tension from hours of brutal meditation, and in the laymen's case, listening and playing our favorite music, walking the circle pretending to be a Majestic Dragon, it all helps relieve the staleness and sorrow from our work week and other life struggles.

What seems unfair is just our lack of being able to perceive life in a neutral lense. If sadness and pain are unfair, then so is happiness and pleasure. Roll the dice and take a chance; what is more fair than chance?

Comment

yes. Because you could be dead.
                            So quit your whining.
                            Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Fair means everyone gets what they need. And the only way to make it happen is to make sure it happens yourself. You do the math.

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
                              yes. Because you could be dead.
                              So quit your whining.
                              If I was dead, it wouldn't even matter.
                              "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

Working...
                              X