A happy reunion with an Asatruar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A happy reunion with an Asatruar

Today I attended the 25th anniversary reunion of my first Marine Corps platoon (3rd Bn 9th Marines, if interested) in Philadelphia - the birthplace of the Corps. Today being the Marine Corps birthday, it was quite fitting.

anyway, one of my platoon mates is an Asatruar of many years, and he gifted me his personal copy of "The Rites of Odin" by Ed Fitch. I gifted him a set of Lapis prayer beads I carried for two tours in Afghanistan - got me through some harry situations.

Very cool how the Gods bring us together at the right times.

Re: A happy reunion with an Asatruar

Happy birthday!

And Happy almost V Day!
    Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
    sigpic

Comment

Semper Fi bro '74-'78 ... last duty was 3rd Amtrac Bn. 1st MarDiv Camp Pendleton ...

marinesnov10.jpg

240 years old and still going strong ...
      I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them ... John Bernard Books

Indian Chief 'Two Eagles' was asked by a white government official; "You have observed the white man for 90 years. You've seen his wars and his technological advances. You've seen his progress, and the damage he's done."

The Chief nodded in agreement.

The official continued; "Considering all these events, in your opinion, where did the white man go wrong?"

The Chief stared at the government official for over a minute and then calmly replied.. "When white man find land, Indians running it, no taxes, no debt, plenty buffalo, plenty beaver, clean water. Women did all the work, Medicine Man free. Indian man spend all day hunting and fishing; all night having sex."

Then the chief leaned back and smiled; "Only white man dumb enough to think he could improve system like that."

Comment

The navy is always happy to give you Jar heads a ride anywhere,any place...And I know you came aboard for the very good chow....
        MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
        NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
        don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
        http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Its the least you can do for The Men's Department of the Navy ... And thanks for the steaks ...
          I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them ... John Bernard Books

Indian Chief 'Two Eagles' was asked by a white government official; "You have observed the white man for 90 years. You've seen his wars and his technological advances. You've seen his progress, and the damage he's done."

The Chief nodded in agreement.

The official continued; "Considering all these events, in your opinion, where did the white man go wrong?"

The Chief stared at the government official for over a minute and then calmly replied.. "When white man find land, Indians running it, no taxes, no debt, plenty buffalo, plenty beaver, clean water. Women did all the work, Medicine Man free. Indian man spend all day hunting and fishing; all night having sex."

Then the chief leaned back and smiled; "Only white man dumb enough to think he could improve system like that."

Comment

The "good chow" was in the Chief's mess... Never came near it on my first float. It was worth the wait though.

Comment

Originally posted by Hickory67 View Post
              The "good chow" was in the Chief's mess... Never came near it on my first float. It was worth the wait though.

Lol, I did my cranking in the CPO mess. It was the best.food.ever.
              Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by magusphredde View Post
                Its the least you can do for The Men's Department of the Navy ... And thanks for the steaks ...

Please, I've patched ya'll up...whiny like a 6 year old with a splinter. Especially for shot-x. Never seen so many grown men crying over a needle. Or puking over the side before even leaving port--we hadn't even taken in the mooring lines!

*the real men's department of the Navy is R-div...those guys (literally) swim in shit, put out fires, use diesel fuel and duct tape when they get hurt , and can fix pretty much anything...the Navy is so scurred to let them have firearms that its practically an unwritten rule that they aren't allowed to get gun qualed for watchstanding (afraid one of 'em will lose it and go postal) *
                Last edited by thalassa; 11 Nov 2015, 04:37.
                sigpic

Comment

Since I was a ships serviceman,I had a direct line to the best cooks(also stewards),and we had the master at arms in our pocket as well...bennies of being part of supply. and controled most of the good things aboard ship(I ran the vending machines) and did the dispersing chiefs laundry(Money at any time before payday.) We were also known as ships Mafia....
                  MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                  NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                  don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                  http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

just curious if any of you served with Aussies. I wasn't allowed in the Australian Army (Bad knee and Cyclic depression) but i have a lot of friends and family who have served ( I suppose I could have snuck in but they wanted me to take 2 years off my meds and refused to let me start as private - wanted me to go straight to officer - I strongly believe that before leading people you must have been in the same position as them.(the bung knee thing makes me suspect i'd have been stuck off the front lines though)) I respect everyone who has served or is serving though.

Just realized it was your Veterans day. Enjoy guys. Our near equivelent ( I think) is ANZAC day in April
                    Last edited by Marradin; 11 Nov 2015, 06:53.

Comment

happy Veterans day!

Comment

A well deserved and quite inadequate "THANK YOU" to all the vets!
                        The Dragon sees infinity and those it touches are forced to feel the reality of it.
                        I am his student and his partner. He is my guide and an ominous friend.

Comment

I've seen it in a number of places, as well as on my Daily Asatru app, that Veteran's Day is often referred to by Heathens as "Feast of the Einherjar". I've always been taught (and just looked up to make sure that I was correct) that Veteran's Day is for ALL veterans, while Memorial Day is for remembrance of those who had died in service. Now, with the Einherjar being those who had died, would it not make sense to have the feast be associated more with Memorial rather than Veteran's?

Personally, that's how I do it.

Comment

Originally posted by Marradin View Post
                            just curious if any of you served with Aussies.
                            I have. When I was stationed at a hospital, one of our chaplains was and Australian sailor, and another Canadian (I love the summer uniform shorts). I've also served with Dutch and French Marines (which is why I dislike the French military immensely) and with some African troops.

I've also served with Australians (among others) in the US Navy, getting citizenship.
                            sigpic

Comment

What's up with the French? I know a little about their abilities on a large scale via other forums and I remember dad's opinion which is 20-30 years old of, "The French military is capable... when it get's off its butt to do something," but I don't hear about them on an individual level often.
                              life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Working...
                              X