Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Happy Veteran's Day!

As a shout out to my fellow vets....

Especially my friends to whom I passed out many a vitamin M, bandaid, and hangover IV, both blue and green (and Happy Birthday guys and gals in green)...

Thanks for doing that thing where sometimes you get shot at...for whatever reason compelled you to do it!
    Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
    sigpic

Re: Happy Veteran's Day!

Happy Vet's Day!
    I had to post on my fb not to post douche posts tomorrow. Hope I don't have to rip anyone a new a-hole. I really like this holiday.

Thanks to the Vets. Thanks to my father and his brother to their service in WWII.

oorah!
    Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

So it's two hours early but...

If you're US then have a good Veteran's Day

If you're European or Commonwealth, have a good Armistice Day or Remembrance Day (whichever applies).

Everyone else, have a good day
      life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Saying thanks to my dad who was in WW2,and to all my fellow veterans where ever you are,be well and live long and prosper. Also big greets to all the sea going vets,and those in active service.
        MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
        NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
        don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
        http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Happy Veteran's Day to all of you who have served, fought, and dedicated mind, hearts, and body to something so much greater than yourselves. For all that you have done, are doing, and will do, it is because of you that we have what we have today.

Comment

Thank you to all who served. My personal soft spot is Vietnam vets. I used to volunteer at the http://www.njvvmf.org/ NJ Vietnam Memorial/Museum - very cool place to visit.
            Thanks to everyone of all ages who served everywhere! Happy veterans Day!
            sigpic
            Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

On behalf of myself and many other veterans that made it back, we appreciate the wishes and prayers ... we didn't do anything more than what was asked of us ... To a my brothers and sisters who didn't make it back, you did more than what could have ever been expected ...
              Click image for larger version

Name:	size0-army.mil-92765-2010-11-22-161147.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	34.7 KB
ID:	353155
              I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them ... John Bernard Books

Indian Chief 'Two Eagles' was asked by a white government official; "You have observed the white man for 90 years. You've seen his wars and his technological advances. You've seen his progress, and the damage he's done."

The Chief nodded in agreement.

The official continued; "Considering all these events, in your opinion, where did the white man go wrong?"

The Chief stared at the government official for over a minute and then calmly replied.. "When white man find land, Indians running it, no taxes, no debt, plenty buffalo, plenty beaver, clean water. Women did all the work, Medicine Man free. Indian man spend all day hunting and fishing; all night having sex."

Then the chief leaned back and smiled; "Only white man dumb enough to think he could improve system like that."

Comment

Thank you, you who serve and you who have served.

I owe you a debt that I can never repay.
                Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Thank you to two of my grandfathers for serving in World War 2, and to my third for serving in Korea. Thank you to my sister and brother-in-law for serving in the current conflict.

Thank you to all vets everywhere for your service.
                  Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

Happy Veterans Day everyone! My two grandfathers were World War II vets so I really appreciate it a lot. Thank you for all you do vets!
                    Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

I was in Costco today ... An older man was walking out as I walked in ... He had a VFW hat on ... Didn't really pay much attention as my feet were hurting from following "HER" around a day pushing shopping carts ... Next thing I now one of the store workers is saying thanks to the Vet for his service ... Made me feel kinda good that this 20-something kid did that ...
                      I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them ... John Bernard Books

Indian Chief 'Two Eagles' was asked by a white government official; "You have observed the white man for 90 years. You've seen his wars and his technological advances. You've seen his progress, and the damage he's done."

The Chief nodded in agreement.

The official continued; "Considering all these events, in your opinion, where did the white man go wrong?"

The Chief stared at the government official for over a minute and then calmly replied.. "When white man find land, Indians running it, no taxes, no debt, plenty buffalo, plenty beaver, clean water. Women did all the work, Medicine Man free. Indian man spend all day hunting and fishing; all night having sex."

Then the chief leaned back and smiled; "Only white man dumb enough to think he could improve system like that."

Comment

Working...
                      X