OMG I want one!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OMG I want one!

They're a natural mutation, that have no drawbacks, just they look a little different. They're called "lykoi cats" and they look like little werewolves!

Re: OMG I want one!

Originally posted by Munin-Hugin View Post

They're a natural mutation, that have no drawbacks, just they look a little different. They're called "lykoi cats" and they look like little werewolves!
    I saw these. They are peculiar in their "hairless" stage...

I'll wait until they start showing up as strays, though.
    Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Oh they're beautiful and weird. I want one too.
      You remind me of the babe
      What babe?
      The babe with the power
      What power?
      The Power of voodoo
      Who do?
      You do!
      Do what?
      Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Comment

My wife thinks they're freaky. I'd love to see guests' faces when we sit to watch a movie and a little werewolf hops up into their laps!

Comment

They are a bit freaky, that's what's so great about them! Adorable with a dash of scary
          What babe?
          The babe with the power
          What power?
          The Power of voodoo
          Who do?
          You do!
          Do what?
          Remind me of the babe!

Comment

There are cute...but...
            Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
            sigpic

Comment

And not bred by humans,but a natural mutation that humans now want to breed for pure bred show thing.
              MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
              NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
              don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
              http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
                There are cute...but...
                Yes, that... I agree we don't need any more exciting new breeds. But they're still adorable.
                What babe?
                The babe with the power
                What power?
                The Power of voodoo
                Who do?
                You do!
                Do what?
                Remind me of the babe!

Comment

I was wondering how people are thinking it's okay to sell "bred" animals for so much. Okay, so I have a pair of cats that have the same traits, and I light a few candles, put out a bowl of milk and some tuna, then let them go at it. Where's the effort worth all that money? Hurray, you got a couple of cats to screw and have kittens.

I love the description of their temperment, and they look awesome but ... not for that money. I'll take a dumpster kitty anyday.

Comment

Originally posted by Munin-Hugin View Post
                    I was wondering how people are thinking it's okay to sell "bred" animals for so much. Okay, so I have a pair of cats that have the same traits, and I light a few candles, put out a bowl of milk and some tuna, then let them go at it. Where's the effort worth all that money? Hurray, you got a couple of cats to screw and have kittens.

I love the description of their temperment, and they look awesome but ... not for that money. I'll take a dumpster kitty anyday.
                    If breeding is done correctly, the money should be going to cover the health screening for the queen and sire, pre-natal exams for the queen, vitamins and supplements, post-natal exams for the queen and litter, vaccinations and deworming, and anything else that comes up. If breeding is done correctly, there really isn't any profit from the litter, it's done for the love of the breed alone. That being said, breeding usually isn't done correctly, much to the detriment of the individual animals and the breed as a whole. Even when all goes well, it's still inbreeding--because that's how you isolate and perpetuate selected traits. Especially when those traits are recessive. The Lykoi cats are too new for us to know what their health problems will be, but I'm confident that they will show up.

Dumpster kitties on the whole are hardier, healthier, and far more in need of help than any trendy new breed, so I agree with you that I'd prefer to rescue someone who really needs it rather than contribute to the problem.
                    With kind regards,
                    Banu

Comment

There's actually a lot that goes into a new breed being established--DNA testing, being the expensive part of it.
                      Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Banu View Post
                        If breeding is done correctly, the money should be going to cover the health screening for the queen and sire, pre-natal exams for the queen, vitamins and supplements, post-natal exams for the queen and litter, vaccinations and deworming, and anything else that comes up. If breeding is done correctly, there really isn't any profit from the litter, it's done for the love of the breed alone. That being said, breeding usually isn't done correctly, much to the detriment of the individual animals and the breed as a whole. Even when all goes well, it's still inbreeding--because that's how you isolate and perpetuate selected traits. Especially when those traits are recessive. The Lykoi cats are too new for us to know what their health problems will be, but I'm confident that they will show up.

Dumpster kitties on the whole are hardier, healthier, and far more in need of help than any trendy new breed, so I agree with you that I'd prefer to rescue someone who really needs it rather than contribute to the problem.

As with mutt dogs,and cats as well,mixed seems to promote better health and stamina,why I would prefer a Mutt. May also include human Mutts(I am a human Mutt)
                        MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                        NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                        don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                        http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
                          As with mutt dogs,and cats as well,mixed seems to promote better health and stamina,why I would prefer a Mutt. May also include human Mutts(I am a human Mutt)
                          genetic diversity is generally a good thing...

Its called hybrid vigor, or heterosis.
                          sigpic

Comment

Working...
                          X