World War 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

World War 3

Do you think there's going to be a World War 3?

Re: World War 3

Eventually.
    Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
    sigpic

Comment

The world is a volatile place of realpolitik more secretive than ever. Who knows? Maybe not in my life time, maybe we are on the cusp and it could happen any day over a petrol hike.
      I'm not one to ever pray for mercy
      Or to wish on pennies in the fountain or the shrine
      But that day you know I left my money
      And I thought of you only
      All that copper glowing fine

Comment

The Magic 8 Ball says "It is likely, but not certain."
        Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

And if it comes,it will be the LAST world war..
          MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
          NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
          don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
          http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

North Korea attacks South Korea. America comes to the aid of SK, China steps in again to intervene, but this time, has the full back of Russia. Britian and France step in with the United States to keep things from getting too heated. Chinese militants kill large platoon of British Soliders, Britian declares war on China. Russia's involvement in the Ukraine spreads, soon the UN condemns Russia. US, Britian, France, and Germany declare war on Russia. Russia invaded Poland to gain resources in this conflict. Poland Declares war on Russia. China attacks Japan to regain land lost. UN Condemns China, the alliances declare war on China. El Chapo assassinates the leader of Mexico, takes his place. Donald Trump is elected in this time of war, El Chapo's Mexico declares open war with US, Canada declares war on Mexico as a backing to the common interest of North America.

Okay, that all may be far fetched, but if it's going to happen, the beginning with revolve around North Korea doing something stupid.
            "In the shade now tall forms are advancing,
            And their wan hands like snowflakes in the moonlight are gleaming;
            They beckon, they whisper, 'Oh! strong armed in valor,
            The pale guests await thee - mead foams in Valhalla.'"
            - Finn's Saga

http://hoodednorseman.tumblr.com/

Comment

It is possible that if NK does something stupid,China "Might" smack them hard,cause China got the capitalism fever right at the moment. Really all they have to do is cut of all goods going into NK.(Chinese people now got Goods they like,and even the "Party" knows better than to try to take that away)
              MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
              NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
              don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
              http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

If Trump gets elected, war or no war, I think my days as an American citizen are numbered.
                sigpic
                Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

The next war will not be a war against people but a war against technology. North Korea has the potential to launch a nuke into orbit. They could call it anything, a satellite aor a probe to monitor space weather and wait for it to get over the middle of the USA and then detonate it. There won't be any blast, no radiation, and no horrific sounds or other indicators other than a momentary bright light in the sky. Within a millisecond all electronics in the US, parts of Canada and Mexico will be non-functional. The E1 Pulse of a high altitude nuclear detonation will fry all electronics internally whether they are in your cars computer or on the shelf in some warehouse. Right after the E1 pulse the E2 and E3 pulses will follow, taking out the entire electrical grid including the generators and long line distribution system and the large and small transformers all over the country. In less than a minute we will be thrust back to the bronze age without the ability to mass produce anything. No electricity, no fuel, no water and in the following weeks people will begin to die from the lack of water, food and heat or cold, depending on the time of year. The USA depends on its electronics and electricity for everything and without either we are done.
                  Japan and Germany are the only countries that produce large generators and transformers and it takes years to build just one.
                  The Dragon sees infinity and those it touches are forced to feel the reality of it.
                  I am his student and his partner. He is my guide and an ominous friend.

Comment

The only thing North Korea has much of is hot air and you can't launch a nuke with that.
                    Last edited by Briton; 12 Nov 2015, 13:42. Reason: "thou can't" seemed a little formal...
                    I'm not one to ever pray for mercy
                    Or to wish on pennies in the fountain or the shrine
                    But that day you know I left my money
                    And I thought of you only
                    All that copper glowing fine

Comment

Yep, and I think when it happens, it's going to be apocalyptic.
                      Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

I hope to heck not. Have we not learned from the previous World Wars? I would think we would have.
                        Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Originally posted by DragonsFriend View Post
                          The next war will not be a war against people but a war against technology. North Korea has the potential to launch a nuke into orbit. They could call it anything, a satellite aor a probe to monitor space weather and wait for it to get over the middle of the USA and then detonate it. There won't be any blast, no radiation, and no horrific sounds or other indicators other than a momentary bright light in the sky. Within a millisecond all electronics in the US, parts of Canada and Mexico will be non-functional. The E1 Pulse of a high altitude nuclear detonation will fry all electronics internally whether they are in your cars computer or on the shelf in some warehouse. Right after the E1 pulse the E2 and E3 pulses will follow, taking out the entire electrical grid including the generators and long line distribution system and the large and small transformers all over the country. In less than a minute we will be thrust back to the bronze age without the ability to mass produce anything. No electricity, no fuel, no water and in the following weeks people will begin to die from the lack of water, food and heat or cold, depending on the time of year. The USA depends on its electronics and electricity for everything and without either we are done.
                          Japan and Germany are the only countries that produce large generators and transformers and it takes years to build just one.
                          And then North Korea becomes a parking lot because hardened systems are a thing. Much as North Korea likes to bluster, they've gone 50 years without irritating anyone enough to eradicate them. The infrastructure damage of the tactic you're suggesting has a non-zero chance of a major power turning around and saying, "Congrats, you've screwed over my civiliation population for years, possibly decades. The humanitarian crisis is unimagineable. Now DIE!!!" and launching MIRVs at them. They're not currently dumb enough to try it.

This by the way is the ultimate issue of WW3 and the reason we haven't had one. A host of nations have near guaranteed nuclear second strike capability and ruling an irradiated parking lot is no fun. Is it possible that at some point, a series of collosal failures in judgement will lead to WW3 anyway? Sure. Is it certain? No, not yet. We've dodged it for 70 years and we can keep doing so.
                          life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

MO, you're correct, but you're speaking from a logical mind within a pizza-fed body. The people who want this kind of a war are neither logical nor fed well, on pizza or otherwise. And so anything is possible. People blow up Buddha statues in a desert one day; the twin towers the next. The only constant in insanity is that it's inconstant. I'm not a doom monger, and I hope the powers that be stay rational enough to prevent anything world-changing to occur due to these groups, but I wouldn't really bet the farm on it.
                            sigpic
                            Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

At present, it looks like general cause of the previous two world wars - technologically advanced nations with imperialistic aspirations - is a dead issue. None of the most technologically advanced nations are interested in empire building via warfare. Economic warfare is far less destructive and far more successful (i.e.: profitable).

A "rouge nation," willing to go to war in a land grab, is more likely to get a nasty smack down from the large powers than it is to suck them into a massive interstate conflict.

At least that's been the prevailing tendency during the "long peace" over the past 70 years.

That this might change is possible (keep an eye on the Ukrane), but not extremely likely.
                              Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Working...
                              X