Sick And Evil People

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sick And Evil People

Why are some people sick and evil? I just don't understand these type of people.

Re: Sick And Evil People

Just be glad you don't. If you understood them, I'd feel sorry for you.
    �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
    ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
    Sneak Attack
    Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Because humans have a very, very wide range of possible personality characteristics. Some will fall at one end of the spectrum, some will fall at the other end, most will fall somewhere in between.

Where a person falls is related to genetics, environment, and personal history, modified by inidivual choice.
      Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

I suppose you could look at it in a very movie-esque or comic book way. The funny thing is, when you go and analyze those sources, there is quite a bit of psychology behind why they write things the way they do. There is also the old axiom of "Power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely". Taking into your hands the power over life and death, of being the one able to bring about destruction, mayhem, and chaos can be an overwhelming rush, and can become a sort of addiction. As with many addictions, the more you do it, the more you have to do to feel the same sort of rush. That's why they say that serial killers tend to start with small animals, their prey getting larger and larger until they turn to humans.

The thing is, destruction and chaos are just parts of the natural world already. Some folks just get carried away with it.

Comment

Because people are inherently self-focused creatures, and we do things that benefit ourselves that might harm others. Sometimes thoughtlessly, but sometimes it's deliberate, because you put your needs and desires above others. Also, if you're really curious, there's a course you can buy about evil and why it exists.
          Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

The title of this thread intrigued me because of a question I put to my husband this weekend after brooding about Paris some more, which inevitably had me evaluating society in whole and in parts. I asked him whether people were too broken to be fixed. He considered briefly and replied only that there certainly seemed to be a lot of broken people in the world. This is how conversations don't happen -- when the questions get too big.

"No, no, you're not thinking; you're just being logical." -- Niels Bohr

Comment

I think that some people are too broken to be fixed. They tend to spend a great deal of time trying to break others. Most people are fixable. They just need time, opportunity and the energy to get to their best selves. We just spend most of our time and energy reacting to the brokenness. Also, of course, we may have different ideas of what healed is.

Comment

Violence, manipulation, and others forms of harm are normal human characteristics due to survival instincts yet to some it is all they know so they exemplify such traits. Gang members, serial killers, 'black' psychologists, for instance, are people most likely brought up in environments where negative traits were common and have a hard time understanding that kindness and honesty are actually practical ways of living and attaining survival needs and desires.

Ancestral conditioning and abuse can cause somebody to become 'evil' and 'sick'. In rare cases, some are just born that way.

Comment

I think everyone should watch this:

Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                  sigpic

Comment

I have read that some people are Literally broken,as in parts of their brain do not function. It is not their upbringing,or their siblings,or bad environment. Certain parts of the brain are responsible for our emotions and empathy and some people have damaged parts that govern those things.
                    MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                    NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                    don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                    http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
                      I have read that some people are Literally broken,as in parts of their brain do not function. It is not their upbringing,or their siblings,or bad environment. Certain parts of the brain are responsible for our emotions and empathy and some people have damaged parts that govern those things.
                      Fetal Alcohol Syndrome, Coke babies, various environments effects, genetics (sociopath/psychopath, for example, but there are others), extreme impulsiveness and/or risk taking, physical damage to the temporal lobe... and those are only the ones I know off.

They can be modified, especially if caught young enough, but they can't be cured.
                      Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Working...
                      X