This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Exorcism as mental health care

It is indeed a miracle...My mom put on our throats and tied a wash cloth around our necks.
    MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
    NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
    don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
    http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

People can't cure insanity with an exorcism. They're wasting time. The person will still be insane afterwards. I believe that a person could be possessed and there are signs to a possession, but most people who are mentally ill are not possessed. They need health care, not religious help!
      Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

1. This bob larson guy is a quack who in my opinion should be locked up as a fraud.

2. I actually believe in 4 kinds of possession so people saying it can't ever happen ... well, long story and I'm not talking with out the others there permission.if you ever see anything like what I saw you will reconsider your position. anyway 4 types
        a) Spirit - willing possesse
        b) Spirit - unwilling posesse
        c) supernatural being - Willing posesse
        d) Supernatural being - Unwilling posesse
        An exorcism will only help BTW in B and D - in A and C you'd hope someone has picked somewhat carefully is all I'll say

3. Definitely overused. I have encountered one other person who believes and I believe has encountered a possession. and I've talked to alot of people about religion while their guard is down (used to work at pubs - 10 years - my favorite topics are politics and religion. Uni town so most will actually talk bored and looking for a hot target to try and pick up.)

4. I actually have a grudging respect for the catholic 'LEGITIMATE' exorcism system as pope Francis has set it up ( much as it causes me almost physical pain to admit that.) First you have to be no diagnoses after1-2 years with two independent "no Diagnosis" from two professionally independent psychologists with an MD agreeing.and then their office of exorcisms will consider it. not will perform on - but will consider if it's appropriate. and from what i've read Child abuse is a -if a priest did it we compensate and (supposedly now) turn him over to authorities - but not a Exorcism. otherwise - go see a Councillor Regularly we can't help you in that way. However there is an acknowledged problem with 'rogue' catholic exorcists - see my comment about Bob Larson above on these quacks - although they probably mean better on average than he does.

My two - nah lets give it a five- cents worth

Comment

Working...
        X