This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Personal Sigil

After many months on research, deep introspection and communication with my Gods, I have finally found my personal sigil. It is a representation of my energy, my soul, and my True Will, so to speak.

sigilguytiny.jpg

Have you had any experience with sigil magic/sigil making or any other form of sorcery that involves the creation of graphical representations of intents, people, etc.? I'm very interested by the results I can get using this kind of magic. I've been successful using these kind of techniques.

Check out my blog! The Daily Satanist

Re: Personal Sigil

I've never found any sort of true symbol of myself (and if I did find one, I probably wouldn't post it on the internet), but I generally find the creation of pictographical representations to be both the strongest form of magic I can regularly use, and the most time consuming, to the point that it often isn't useful. Most of my spellcasting needs are spontaneous; I feel chilly and want to warm up, or I feel a spur of the moment urge to 'cheat' at sports in gym, or jinx someone being annoying. You don't tend to have notepad and a pen or pencil in those sorts of situations, nor the time to scribe an elaborate symbolic figure. So I do have a fair amount of experience with it, but I don't often get a chance to use it. I'm also not a satanist, so mileage may vary (though this seems to be a fairly general topic).

Comment

Sean, in a way some runic magic could be very similar. For example, you could make a bindrune out of a person's name or initials, then ring it with other runes and bindrunes that represent your intent towards said individual, or even a spiral of an entire incantation if you so wish to go that far. That sort of thing is much easier for me than when I tried working with crystals and the like, as my personal understanding of how runes work make it so I can focus much more clearly.

Comment

You realize, of corse, that by publishing your personal sign on-line that you've given away your personal autonomy to several thousand strangers...
        Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
          You realize, of corse, that by publishing your personal sign on-line that you've given away your personal autonomy to several thousand strangers...
          Time to summon Sean to do a concert!

I do have a personal sigil. It's one that came to me in a dream. I plan to have it tattooed on me when I have the money.
          Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

I mean, that one has probably been altered or otherwise trapped, considering how experienced Sean is with that sort of thing.

Comment

I'm glad that I'm not the only who had that thought.
              life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by Herbert View Post
                I mean, that one has probably been altered or otherwise trapped, considering how experienced Sean is with that sort of thing.
                I hope people are smart enough not to mess with an avid and really active practitioner of sorcery/witchcraft. Specially one that works closely with demons. Anyhow it could make great training for spiritual self-defense. I fear nothing.

Originally posted by habbalah View Post
                Time to summon Sean to do a concert!

I do have a personal sigil. It's one that came to me in a dream. I plan to have it tattooed on me when I have the money.
                Nice! Do you work with sigils often or was this a one time occurrence?

Comment

Sneaks up behind Sean and traps him in an Oil lamp,that one must rub to get his attention...Bangs on Lamp,screaming,"Wake up in there"
                  MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                  NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                  don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                  http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

I don't think people can do harm with someone elses personal sigil. Many gods have their own sigil and you can't harm them by, I don't know, cursing it or whatever people would want to do with it. And Sean is a god in the baking, so I wouldn't try it XD

A few years back I had this personal symbol in my mind. I don't remember how it came to me and honestly... I have forgotten what it was. It didn't really seem useful to me at the time, so I never drew it. Maybe I'll remember one day and then I'll definitely draw it. Although I don't know what the lines and dots mean, I think your personal sigil looks very nice, Sean

Comment

I wouldn't say I have a sigil, but I have a personal symbol.

And I like it Sean!
                      Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                      sigpic

Comment

I love symbols, and what is personal to me for the moment will surely pass in the future for a new one to lead me to another plateau on my journey. I also sigilize everything... because automatic drawing is extremely fun when I'm in the Gnosis of Mary-Jane with my symbol books and visions on hand.

Sean, your sigil looks very classic in the Goetic and Qliphotic sense. I see wings, fangs, and an entrance into the Womb of Babalon. Very nice, indeed.

Comment

Originally posted by SeanRave View Post
                          After many months on research, deep introspection and communication with my Gods, I have finally found my personal sigil. It is a representation of my energy, my soul, and my True Will, so to speak.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4555[/ATTACH]

Have you had any experience with sigil magic/sigil making or any other form of sorcery that involves the creation of graphical representations of intents, people, etc.? I'm very interested by the results I can get using this kind of magic. I've been successful using these kind of techniques.
                          Very nice.

I don't find value in a personal sigil for myself. I do, however, often create them as representations of my intentions and of other people/places/things within workings.

Comment

Originally posted by Torey View Post
                            Very nice.

I don't find value in a personal sigil for myself. I do, however, often create them as representations of my intentions and of other people/places/things within workings.
                            Researching, creating and further studying my own sigil has led me to a much deeper understanding of myself and my strength as well as my weaknesses. It has proven to be invaluable in terms of knowing myself and my own power, in order to grow stronger and better.

Comment

Originally posted by SeanRave View Post
                              Nice! Do you work with sigils often or was this a one time occurrence?
                              The personal one is the only one I've ever drawn. I recognize a lot of the sigils of demons from the Keys of Solomon, and I wear Uriel's sigil in a pendant, but I can't draw worth a damn.
                              Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

Working...
                              X