Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Personal Sigil

Mar 2012
    Religion
    Theistic Satanism
    Phrase
    Strength in Will, peace in well-being.

Personal Sigil

After many months on research, deep introspection and communication with my Gods, I have finally found my personal sigil. It is a representation of my energy, my soul, and my True Will, so to speak.

sigilguytiny.jpg

Have you had any experience with sigil magic/sigil making or any other form of sorcery that involves the creation of graphical representations of intents, people, etc.? I'm very interested by the results I can get using this kind of magic. I've been successful using these kind of techniques.

Check out my blog! The Daily Satanist

Oct 2015
    Religion
    Eclectic pagan (primary influences of Hinduism, Wicca, and Animism)

Re: Personal Sigil

I've never found any sort of true symbol of myself (and if I did find one, I probably wouldn't post it on the internet), but I generally find the creation of pictographical representations to be both the strongest form of magic I can regularly use, and the most time consuming, to the point that it often isn't useful. Most of my spellcasting needs are spontaneous; I feel chilly and want to warm up, or I feel a spur of the moment urge to 'cheat' at sports in gym, or jinx someone being annoying. You don't tend to have notepad and a pen or pencil in those sorts of situations, nor the time to scribe an elaborate symbolic figure. So I do have a fair amount of experience with it, but I don't often get a chance to use it. I'm also not a satanist, so mileage may vary (though this seems to be a fairly general topic).

Dec 2010
    Religion
    Northern Tradition

Sean, in a way some runic magic could be very similar. For example, you could make a bindrune out of a person's name or initials, then ring it with other runes and bindrunes that represent your intent towards said individual, or even a spiral of an entire incantation if you so wish to go that far. That sort of thing is much easier for me than when I tried working with crystals and the like, as my personal understanding of how runes work make it so I can focus much more clearly.
    "The streams called Ice-waves, those which were so long come from the fountain-heads that the yeasty venom upon them had hardened like the slag that runs out of the fire, - these then became ice; and when the ice halted and ceased to run, then it froze over above. But the drizzling rain that rose from the venom congealed to rime, and the rime increased, frost over frost, each over the other, even into Ginnungagap, the Yawning Void. Ginnungagap, which faced toward the northern quarter, became filled with heaviness, and masses of ice and rime, and from within, drizzling rain and gusts; but the southern part of the Yawning Void was lighted by those sparks and glowing masses which flew out of Múspellheim. Just as cold arose out of Niflheim, and all terrible things, so also all that looked toward Múspellheim became hot and glowing; but Ginnungagap was as mild as windless air, and when the breath of heat met the rime, so that it melted and dripped, life was quickened from the yeast-drops, by the power of that which sent the heat, and became a man's form. And that man is named Ymir, but the Rime-Giants call him Aurgelimir" - The Gylfaginning

The Gaze of the Abyss B. de Corbin's Avatar
    Feb 2007
    Religion
    Alchemist and Neo-American Redneck Buddhist
    Frozen Northern Michigan, near Thunder Bay
    Phrase
    Where are the tweezers?

You realize, of corse, that by publishing your personal sign on-line that you've given away your personal autonomy to several thousand strangers...
    Those who have suffered understand suffering and therefore extend their hand.

I can't do everything, but I can do something.

Dec 2011
    Religion
    Ecletic Pagan
    Phrase
    There is no mastery--only constant improvement.

Quote Originally Posted by B. de Corbin View Post
    You realize, of corse, that by publishing your personal sign on-line that you've given away your personal autonomy to several thousand strangers...
    Time to summon Sean to do a concert!

I do have a personal sigil. It's one that came to me in a dream. I plan to have it tattooed on me when I have the money.
    “You must be shapeless, formless, like water. When you pour water in a cup, it becomes the cup. When you pour water in a bottle, it becomes the bottle. When you pour water in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Water can drip and it can crash. Become like water my friend.” -- Bruce Lee

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Oct 2015
    Religion
    Eclectic pagan (primary influences of Hinduism, Wicca, and Animism)

I mean, that one has probably been altered or otherwise trapped, considering how experienced Sean is with that sort of thing.

Mar 2009
    Religion
    Jedi
    Phrase
    The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant compared to the power of the Force.

I'm glad that I'm not the only who had that thought.
    "It is not simply enough to know the light…a Jedi must feel the tension between the two sides of the Force…in himself and in the universe."
    ―Thon

"When to the Force you truly give yourself, all you do expresses the truth of who you are,"

Yoda

Yoda told stories, and ate, and cried, and laughed: and the Padawans saw that life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Mar 2012
    Religion
    Theistic Satanism
    Phrase
    Strength in Will, peace in well-being.

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert View Post
    I mean, that one has probably been altered or otherwise trapped, considering how experienced Sean is with that sort of thing.
    I hope people are smart enough not to mess with an avid and really active practitioner of sorcery/witchcraft. Specially one that works closely with demons. Anyhow it could make great training for spiritual self-defense. I fear nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by habbalah View Post
    Time to summon Sean to do a concert!

I do have a personal sigil. It's one that came to me in a dream. I plan to have it tattooed on me when I have the money.
    Nice! Do you work with sigils often or was this a one time occurrence?

Check out my blog! The Daily Satanist

Oct 2010
    Religion
    stregheria

Sneaks up behind Sean and traps him in an Oil lamp,that one must rub to get his attention...Bangs on Lamp,screaming,"Wake up in there"
    MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
    NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
    don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

http://www.paganforum.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=186&dateline=1330020104

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

Jun 2014
    Religion
    Atheistic / modern satanist

I don't think people can do harm with someone elses personal sigil. Many gods have their own sigil and you can't harm them by, I don't know, cursing it or whatever people would want to do with it. And Sean is a god in the baking, so I wouldn't try it XD

A few years back I had this personal symbol in my mind. I don't remember how it came to me and honestly... I have forgotten what it was. It didn't really seem useful to me at the time, so I never drew it. Maybe I'll remember one day and then I'll definitely draw it. Although I don't know what the lines and dots mean, I think your personal sigil looks very nice, Sean