Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Battling Addiction

Originally posted by habbalah View Post
    I've been helping said person with their recovery on the physical realm (checking in with them about drinking, going over AA material, talking about their feelings), but I wanted to ask an entity to help with a guiding hand during their recovery.
    Will you be acting as a guide or just asking the deity to intervene on their behalf without involving in the person? Also has the person had a conversion experience of sorts with Christ or a pivotal point in life in which they can identify relating to Christ in a powerful way?

My thoughts are that if you act as a spiritual guide of sorts, you may get over your head with Christ. In my experience, the work of Christ is done with others, using the words of the New Testament and various gifts of the Spirit including Words of Knowledge. You need to have a pretty good handle on the Gospel and the Epistles to be a guide which is why I suggested Teen Challenge.

If you're going to ask an entity to help out without involving the person, I think it might be best if you find out if the person has any meaningful connection with Christ. Not to say this is emphatically true, but my experience is that Christ points to YVHV who is possessive of his own. It's my feeling that He doesn't like other deities interfering with those He's called to Himself, so your efforts might be fruitless. If the person has no real meaningful connection, then I guess you have an open page.

Comment

Originally posted by Azvanna View Post
      Will you be acting as a guide or just asking the deity to intervene on their behalf without involving in the person? Also has the person had a conversion experience of sorts with Christ or a pivotal point in life in which they can identify relating to Christ in a powerful way?

My thoughts are that if you act as a spiritual guide of sorts, you may get over your head with Christ. In my experience, the work of Christ is done with others, using the words of the New Testament and various gifts of the Spirit including Words of Knowledge. You need to have a pretty good handle on the Gospel and the Epistles to be a guide which is why I suggested Teen Challenge.

If you're going to ask an entity to help out without involving the person, I think it might be best if you find out if the person has any meaningful connection with Christ. Not to say this is emphatically true, but my experience is that Christ points to YVHV who is possessive of his own. It's my feeling that He doesn't like other deities interfering with those He's called to Himself, so your efforts might be fruitless. If the person has no real meaningful connection, then I guess you have an open page.
      No, my goal isn't to act as a spiritual guide, myself. That's beyond what I can, and have the right, to do. Just more asking an entity to lend them some extra strength. They do have a relationship with Christ, so he may be the entity to ask after all.
      Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

Originally posted by habbalah View Post
        No, my goal isn't to act as a spiritual guide, myself. That's beyond what I can, and have the right, to do. Just more asking an entity to lend them some extra strength. They do have a relationship with Christ, so he may be the entity to ask after all.
        *nods*

I don't think it would take much from you. A simple idea could be to make an inquiry in your heart as to what the Christ would like you to know about the person or what needs the person has before you check in with them physically.

Whatever you decide, I wish you well with this and may the Wisdom of the Divine be with you! It's takes a lot of patience to be a support for someone so stuck. I hope you find time to replenish your energy after visits.

Comment

Originally posted by Azvanna View Post
          *nods*

I don't think it would take much from you. A simple idea could be to make an inquiry in your heart as to what the Christ would like you to know about the person or what needs the person has before you check in with them physically.

Whatever you decide, I wish you well with this and may the Wisdom of the Divine be with you! It's takes a lot of patience to be a support for someone so stuck. I hope you find time to replenish your energy after visits.
          Thank you. I actually live with the person, so it tends to suck my energy quite a bit. Cutting through stress and restoring my energy is another task for another topic.
          Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

Working...
          X