Tell Me About Lilith

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tell Me About Lilith

Splitting off from the thread about the Christian god. Lilith has always interested me, as a rebellious, strong spirit who demanded respect and was cast aside for it. I can find a lot of newer interpretations of Lilith, but not a lot of historical text about Her. Does anyone have any suggestions of where to look, or just information to tell me?
    Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Re: Tell Me About Lilith

Look up the Sitra Ahra, the Other Side (Qliphoth, Kliffoth, Kellipot, Tree of Life and Death) in Jewish and (Modern) Satanic and Luciferian literature. From my studies she was the Queen of the Moon. Put down your astronomy books for this tale; it was said after Adam shunned Lilith and God rejected her from the Garden of Eden, and Heaven as a whole, she become the Moon - she had her own Light that keeps the children of the night safe and secure under her watchful gaze. She is known as the mother of vampires, viscious demons, especially incubi and succibi (male and female demons, respectively, that devour ones sexual essence by causing sexually perverse dreams that lead to nocturnal emission).

The story of Inanna is a a good place to find a short blurb on Lilith's pre-Jewish lore. It is said that Inanna planted a tree that was to be her throne and bed to represent her powers as Queen and sexual maturity, but a lilitu (night screecher) and another demon took residence in the tree instead. Gilgamesh is said to have driven them out later, restoring the tree's destiny as Inanna's Butt and Head Rest.

As you can see, Lilith was not treated right in either story; in the Jewish story we see she just wanted to have a say in the relationship, but no, because Adam said so and God picks favorites... In the Sumerian story we see a could be adorable little lilitu and a friend just wanting a place to stay; it's not like they stole anything, but no. As we can see, power corrupts. Similar to the story of Hera, where she only creates havoc because Zeus is a sexual deviate. It sucks she wronged Hercule's like so, like Lilith killed all those fabled children, but as far as I can tell from these stories, monsters are created not born.

To find more information just search "Lilith in the Bible", "Lilith in Apocrypha", "Lilith in the Talmud" and "Lilith in the Midrash" which give insight into Lilith in, as far as we can tell, the original biblical stories. The etymology of Lilith, such as lilitu and lilit may give you other sources from Sumeria and possibly other cultures.

Comment

Originally posted by habbalah View Post
      Splitting off from the thread about the Christian god. Lilith has always interested me, as a rebellious, strong spirit who demanded respect and was cast aside for it. I can find a lot of newer interpretations of Lilith, but not a lot of historical text about Her. Does anyone have any suggestions of where to look, or just information to tell me?
      It appears to me that you are interested in resources to enable you to form your own opinions of Her. I wrote an article on her several years ago, if you are interested:

The Satanic Feminine Divine: Part I - Lilith

Lilith as an independent figure or archetype developed within Judaic mythology which, obviously, borrowed from more ancient sources. There are a very large number of Jewish texts which I could compile here for you, but you would likely be better off simply creating a search for Lilith in Google as most of the more common texts such as the Zohar are noted and, of course, specific passages within the Tanakh. If you wish to move beyond "canon", you will find that the vast majority of Rabbinical interpretations and stories regarding Lilith are ultimately all UPG as most modern opinions of Her are. However, what you believe of Her within the context of a literal spiritual being or simply an archetype is relevant, IMHO, in which resources I would direct you to specifically.

Comment

Originally posted by Torey View Post
        It appears to me that you are interested in resources to enable you to form your own opinions of Her. I wrote an article on her several years ago, if you are interested:

The Satanic Feminine Divine: Part I - Lilith
        I know I'm new, but I vouch for the article. I read this one and the one about Naamah a few months back. A lot of information that is hard to find and well written.

Comment

THANK... and Torey, I really appreciate your responses. I will definitely read your article, Torey. I kind of already have an opinion of Her, but I want to learn more about Her.
          Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

Working...
          X