Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What do you eat for Thanksgiving? (if you celebrate it)

Oct 2005
    Religion
    relational theophysis and bioregional witchery
    Phrase
    *a little bad taste is like a nice dash of paprika*

What do you eat for Thanksgiving? (if you celebrate it)

I've got 2 apple pies, green bean casserole, and delicious ham (with a pineapple-sassafrass-jalapeno glaze) in the oven, and boiling taters for mashed potatoes on the stove.

Its effin hot over here. Once its done, we are taking it over to a friend's house, where there is turkey, sweet potatos, pumpkin pie, mac'n'cheese, green beans, asparagus tips, and stuffed acorn squash.
    “You have never answered but you did not need to. If I stand at the ocean I can hear you with your thousand voices. Sometimes you shout, hilarious laughter that taunts all questions. Other nights you are silent as death, a mirror in which the stars show themselves. Then I think you want to tell me something, but you never do. Of course I know I have written letters to no-one. But what if I find a trident tomorrow?" ~~Letters to Poseidon, Cees Nooteboom

“We still carry this primal relationship to the Earth within our consciousness, even if we have long forgotten it. It is a primal recognition of the wonder, beauty, and divine nature of the Earth. It is a felt reverence for all that exists. Once we bring this foundational quality into our consciousness, we will be able to respond to our present man-made crisis from a place of balance, in which our actions will be grounded in an attitude of respect for all of life. This is the nature of real sustainability.”
    ~~Llewellyn Vaughan-Lee

"We are the offspring of history, and must establish our own paths in this most diverse and interesting of conceivable universes--one indifferent to our suffering, and therefore offering us maximal freedom to thrive, or to fail, in our own chosen way."
    ~~Stephen Jay Gould, Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of History

"Humans are not rational creatures. Now, logic and rationality are very helpful tools, but there’s also a place for embracing our subjectivity and thinking symbolically. Sometimes what our so-called higher thinking can’t or won’t see, our older, more primitive intuition will." John Beckett

Pagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible

Oct 2010
    Religion
    stregheria

Re: What do you eat for Thanksgiving? (if you celebrate it)

Mashers and gravy with cheese melted in the mashers,Mac'n cheese for sure..and jellied cranberry sauce...
    MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
    NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
    don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

http://www.paganforum.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=186&dateline=1330020104

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

Jul 2014
    Religion
    Celtic Pagan, Kitchen Witch

This year, I had a bologna sandwich with gouda, and chips. I might snack on the lamb or filet dish during service but for dinner I'm going to Waffle House for waffles and hash browns.
    "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Jun 2013

Homemade macaroni(Takes way too long to cook), Spaghetti, Ham, Turkey(sometimes), Cake, Pie, Cornbread(sweet and unsweetened), Banana Pudding, Cupcakes, Potato Salad, and Greens, and sometimes Jello Shots. Sometimes chicken.

Soul food, mostly.

Copper Member
    Sep 2015
    Religion
    Arratu - based on Sumer 4500 to 1800BCE

Turkey, mashed taters, candied sweet potatoes, green beens, dressing, jellied cranberry sauce, olives, and apple upside down cake. (I am fixing it all)

May 2005
    Religion
    LaVeyan Satanist
    Phrase
    A Clockwork orange

Leftover pizza for lunch.

But the housemates and their family are going to all be over tonight. So probably whatever turkey and fixings are cooking!
    Satan is my spirit animal

Dec 2011
    Religion
    Ecletic Pagan
    Phrase
    There is no mastery--only constant improvement.

We're not celebrating Thanksgiving today (we are on Saturday), but tonight we're having a family recipe that's been passed down for generations: Hungarian Chicken and Dumplings.
    “You must be shapeless, formless, like water. When you pour water in a cup, it becomes the cup. When you pour water in a bottle, it becomes the bottle. When you pour water in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Water can drip and it can crash. Become like water my friend.” -- Bruce Lee

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Dec 2010
    Religion
    Northern Tradition

Tortellini soup, egg pasta with homemade sauce, turkey, asparagus, sweet potato casserole, mashed potatoes, corn, apple pie, apple jack, and a massive spread of finger foods including a smoked meat and olive platter.
    "The streams called Ice-waves, those which were so long come from the fountain-heads that the yeasty venom upon them had hardened like the slag that runs out of the fire, - these then became ice; and when the ice halted and ceased to run, then it froze over above. But the drizzling rain that rose from the venom congealed to rime, and the rime increased, frost over frost, each over the other, even into Ginnungagap, the Yawning Void. Ginnungagap, which faced toward the northern quarter, became filled with heaviness, and masses of ice and rime, and from within, drizzling rain and gusts; but the southern part of the Yawning Void was lighted by those sparks and glowing masses which flew out of Múspellheim. Just as cold arose out of Niflheim, and all terrible things, so also all that looked toward Múspellheim became hot and glowing; but Ginnungagap was as mild as windless air, and when the breath of heat met the rime, so that it melted and dripped, life was quickened from the yeast-drops, by the power of that which sent the heat, and became a man's form. And that man is named Ymir, but the Rime-Giants call him Aurgelimir" - The Gylfaginning

Oct 2015
    Religion
    Eclectic Pagan

Just got done cooking. Turkey, ham, dressing, mashed taters with gravy, succotash, homemade mac & cheese. Once we're all full I'll boil the turkey carcass clean and make some turkey stew.

Apr 2012
    Religion
    Wicca

Happy Thanksgiving everyone. I'm spending it alone this year, but I made sure to have cranberry sauce with my dinner!