Dream Spell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dream Spell

I know there are spells for prophetic dreams, and dream pillows (which I think do the same thing?), but I was wondering if there was a spell for having for having more vivid dreams. I've tried things like eating bananas and taking vitamin b6 supplements, but neither worked.
    Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Re: Dream Spell

I read somewhere that if you make a habit out of writing your dreams down every time you remember them, you can learn to have more vivid dreams and even learn to control what you do in your own dream. I tried writing them down for a while, but lacked the perseverance to continue. So I don't know if it really works. I do have more vivid dreams during full moon. I can't help you with a spell. But maybe you could start with recording when your dreams are most vivid, so when you find the right spell, you know what time is best to use it.

Comment

I've heard the same thing as Thrudr. Once you wake up you should record your dreams as best as you can remember them. Sometimes I can remember mine without having to write them down. Try writing them down for a while and see how it does for you though. Also, you might want to use a stone that is related to the moon, e.g. moonstone, which might help you with your dreams.
      Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

I tried the recording my dreams thing, but I kind of fell out of doing it unless they were particularly interesting. I should try that again. I don't know if I have moonstone--I'll need to look.

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

I've always had very vivid dreams. I also controm them to some extent... writing them down could help.
          I was just thinking that maybe practicing some visualisation when you're awake, might make your dreams come more alive too.
          You remind me of the babe
          What babe?
          The babe with the power
          What power?
          The Power of voodoo
          Who do?
          You do!
          Do what?
          Remind me of the babe!

Comment

Originally posted by habbalah View Post
            ... but I was wondering if there was a spell for having for having more vivid dreams.
            Any issue or desire can be addressed by magick operation. Most techniques require some training and some trial and error learning to be effective with them. For non-magick approaches, many psychoactive drugs will increase dream vividness, opiate-like prescription pain meds for example. It's a common report of nicotine patches worn during sleep too. Drugs carry risks. Do your homework before taking this potentially dangerous road.

For a magick solution, let me ask about your background first. Have you done magick for anything else? If so, what did you do and for what purpose?

Comment

Originally posted by R. Eugene Laughlin View Post
              Any issue or desire can be addressed by magick operation. Most techniques require some training and some trial and error learning to be effective with them. For non-magick approaches, many psychoactive drugs will increase dream vividness, opiate-like prescription pain meds for example. It's a common report of nicotine patches worn during sleep too. Drugs carry risks. Do your homework before taking this potentially dangerous road.

For a magick solution, let me ask about your background first. Have you done magick for anything else? If so, what did you do and for what purpose?
              I have no desire to take drugs, and the likely wouldn't affect me anyway. Morphine doesn't make me blink. Codeine only makes me sick to my stomach. There was a med I was prescribed that gave me vivid dreams, but even after time of not taking it, it didn't affect me the same way.

Yes, I have done spell work before. I've done it for protection, mental clarity, breaking bonds to people I needed to let go of, charms for other people, and various other things. I do a lot of simple candle magic, but I've started work a bit with jar spells and oils.

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

Yes, I have done spell work before. I've done it for protection, mental clarity, breaking bonds to people I needed to let go of, charms for other people, and various other things. I do a lot of simple candle magic, but I've started work a bit with jar spells and oils.
                Generally, I'd suggest choosing the technique with which you've had the most success and applying that.

Do you have a specific source for magick correspondences that you use? Like, how do you choose what color(s) the candle(s) will be when doing candle magick?

Comment

Generally, I'd suggest choosing the technique with which you've had the most success and applying that.

Do you have a specific source for magick correspondences that you use? Like, how do you choose what color(s) the candle(s) will be when doing candle magick?
                  I choose the color to fit with what I'm doing. I did a cleansing ritual lately, and used white (white for making things clean). I used black for breaking attachments (Black for strength). When I made peace water, I used a light blue (blue is calming). If I don't have the color I need, I'll make substitutions. For example, when I made Black Cat Oil, I used grey, because I'm out of black at the moment.

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

I choose the color to fit with what I'm doing. I did a cleansing ritual lately, and used white (white for making things clean). I used black for breaking attachments (Black for strength). When I made peace water, I used a light blue (blue is calming). If I don't have the color I need, I'll make substitutions. For example, when I made Black Cat Oil, I used grey, because I'm out of black at the moment.
                    So, I asked for your source (or sources) for those correspondences, and I'm still interested, but in the meantime...

Great. Here's the money shot: millions of people burn white candles everyday with no appreciable magick cleansing effect, millions of blue candles that calm nothing even if calming would be helpful, fewer but still a lot of black candles are burned by people who could probably stand to break some attachments but it's no go for them. What makes your candle burning different from theirs? How does magick enter into it?

Comment

So, I asked for your source (or sources) for those correspondences, and I'm still interested, but in the meantime...

Great. Here's the money shot: millions of people burn white candles everyday with no appreciable magick cleansing effect, millions of blue candles that calm nothing even if calming would be helpful, fewer but still a lot of black candles are burned by people who could probably stand to break some attachments but it's no go for them. What makes your candle burning different from theirs? How does magick enter into it?
                      I don't have a specific source. I use a mix of different magical types, and tend to keep using the ones that work for me. I have some books, and some websites I've visited, but it's a mish-mosh. I work with a variety of entities, if that was part of your question.

The difference is intent, as it is in a lot of things. I haven't done "dressing" candles, but I should look into that. For the breaking bonds, I actually carved the names of the people I wanted to break bonds with into the candle, to make it all the more directed towards the people I was cutting ties with.

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

I don't have a specific source. I use a mix of different magical types, and tend to keep using the ones that work for me. I have some books, and some websites I've visited, but it's a mish-mosh. I work with a variety of entities, if that was part of your question.
                        My experience suggests that if you're going with colors, herbs, and oils, as the magick media, a single-source, coherent system of correspondences applied consistently is the quickest path to effectiveness with the technique. Because some trial and error going to be necessary no matter what, mish-moshing is likely to involve more error in general, and a more difficult time ruling out potential sources of interference too.

That's not to say that people can't develop skills that way. A lot of people do go about it like that. But like I said, in my experience, there are faster ways.

Working with entities is, in my opinion, a very different domain of magick practice. How do you go about that?

The difference is intent, as it is in a lot of things. I haven't done "dressing" candles, but I should look into that. For the breaking bonds, I actually carved the names of the people I wanted to break bonds with into the candle, to make it all the more directed towards the people I was cutting ties with.
                        So, what's your intuition on why the intent to have more vivid dreams hasn't been enough to make it happen so far?

Comment

Working with entities is, in my opinion, a very different domain of magick practice. How do you go about that?
                          I've formed a relationship with a few different entities (Uriel and Apollo are two examples). I do work that furthers Their domains, or donate money if I can, and spend time speaking with them. If I ask for help with an issue, I try to keep it within their realm (when I'm having trouble with writing, I'll talk to Apollo, for instance).

So, what's your intuition on why the intent to have more vivid dreams hasn't been enough to make it happen so far?
                          I haven't put a lot of intention into it, yet. I believe dreams are basically brain vomit, so I'm not looking for prophetic dreams. Just more vivid ones. Some of it also might be because I have to take meds to sleep, and I at times sleep very deeply.

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

I haven't put a lot of intention into it, yet. I believe dreams are basically brain vomit....
                            It's possible that magick goals are easier to achieve if they feel more pressing.

Comment

I haven't put a lot of intention into it, yet. I believe dreams are basically brain vomit, so I'm not looking for prophetic dreams. Just more vivid ones. Some of it also might be because I have to take meds to sleep, and I at times sleep very deeply.
                              Dreams only happen during certain stages of sleep, and sleep medications can affect that. You need particular brainwaves in order to dream, so if you're not getting those brainwaves, if you're skipping through that stage quickly, or if you wake up out of deep sleep rather than a more shallow sleep, you wont remember your dreams.

I've never been particularly interested in dreamwork myself, so I've never tried any of this. But I've read in multiple places that the key to 'having more vivid dreams' (which is really just 'remembering your dreams') is improve your sleep habits, keep a dream diary that you write in the minute you wake up (BEFORE you do anything else) and do pre-bed affirmations about how you will remember your dreams when you wake up. Honestly, it sounds kind of tedious to me... and I think it's one of those areas that if you can't get the mundane in order (ie if you have bad sleep habits) then the magickal probably wont help much.

I've seen discussions here before about good sleep habits. I think Thalassa is the one who's had the most tips to give. Things like what you eat and drink before you sleep, what colour light you have in the bedroom, what you use the bed for (ONLY sleep and sex), not using your tablet or phone before bed, how you wake up... all of that affects what your brain is doing while you sleep (which brainwaves you're getting), which in turn affects your dream cycle and whether or not you will remember your dreams when you wake up.

Comment

Working...
                              X