Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dream Spell

Dec 2011
    Religion
    Ecletic Pagan
    Phrase
    There is no mastery--only constant improvement.

Re: Dream Spell

Quote Originally Posted by R. Eugene Laughlin View Post
    So, I asked for your source (or sources) for those correspondences, and I'm still interested, but in the meantime...

Great. Here's the money shot: millions of people burn white candles everyday with no appreciable magick cleansing effect, millions of blue candles that calm nothing even if calming would be helpful, fewer but still a lot of black candles are burned by people who could probably stand to break some attachments but it's no go for them. What makes your candle burning different from theirs? How does magick enter into it?
    I don't have a specific source. I use a mix of different magical types, and tend to keep using the ones that work for me. I have some books, and some websites I've visited, but it's a mish-mosh. I work with a variety of entities, if that was part of your question.

The difference is intent, as it is in a lot of things. I haven't done "dressing" candles, but I should look into that. For the breaking bonds, I actually carved the names of the people I wanted to break bonds with into the candle, to make it all the more directed towards the people I was cutting ties with.
    “You must be shapeless, formless, like water. When you pour water in a cup, it becomes the cup. When you pour water in a bottle, it becomes the bottle. When you pour water in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Water can drip and it can crash. Become like water my friend.” -- Bruce Lee

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Nov 2015
    Religion
    Contemporary Pagan

Quote Originally Posted by habbalah View Post
    I don't have a specific source. I use a mix of different magical types, and tend to keep using the ones that work for me. I have some books, and some websites I've visited, but it's a mish-mosh. I work with a variety of entities, if that was part of your question.
    My experience suggests that if you're going with colors, herbs, and oils, as the magick media, a single-source, coherent system of correspondences applied consistently is the quickest path to effectiveness with the technique. Because some trial and error going to be necessary no matter what, mish-moshing is likely to involve more error in general, and a more difficult time ruling out potential sources of interference too.

That's not to say that people can't develop skills that way. A lot of people do go about it like that. But like I said, in my experience, there are faster ways.

Working with entities is, in my opinion, a very different domain of magick practice. How do you go about that?

The difference is intent, as it is in a lot of things. I haven't done "dressing" candles, but I should look into that. For the breaking bonds, I actually carved the names of the people I wanted to break bonds with into the candle, to make it all the more directed towards the people I was cutting ties with.
    So, what's your intuition on why the intent to have more vivid dreams hasn't been enough to make it happen so far?

Dec 2011
    Religion
    Ecletic Pagan
    Phrase

Quote Originally Posted by R. Eugene Laughlin View Post
    Working with entities is, in my opinion, a very different domain of magick practice. How do you go about that?
    I've formed a relationship with a few different entities (Uriel and Apollo are two examples). I do work that furthers Their domains, or donate money if I can, and spend time speaking with them. If I ask for help with an issue, I try to keep it within their realm (when I'm having trouble with writing, I'll talk to Apollo, for instance).

So, what's your intuition on why the intent to have more vivid dreams hasn't been enough to make it happen so far?
    I haven't put a lot of intention into it, yet. I believe dreams are basically brain vomit, so I'm not looking for prophetic dreams. Just more vivid ones. Some of it also might be because I have to take meds to sleep, and I at times sleep very deeply.
    “You must be shapeless, formless, like water. When you pour water in a cup, it becomes the cup. When you pour water in a bottle, it becomes the bottle. When you pour water in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Water can drip and it can crash. Become like water my friend.” -- Bruce Lee

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Nov 2015
    Religion
    Contemporary Pagan

I haven't put a lot of intention into it, yet. I believe dreams are basically brain vomit....
    It's possible that magick goals are easier to achieve if they feel more pressing.

Jun 2013
    Religion
    Northern Tradition Shaminist Demonolator. Or something along those lines...

I haven't put a lot of intention into it, yet. I believe dreams are basically brain vomit, so I'm not looking for prophetic dreams. Just more vivid ones. Some of it also might be because I have to take meds to sleep, and I at times sleep very deeply.
    Dreams only happen during certain stages of sleep, and sleep medications can affect that. You need particular brainwaves in order to dream, so if you're not getting those brainwaves, if you're skipping through that stage quickly, or if you wake up out of deep sleep rather than a more shallow sleep, you wont remember your dreams.

I've never been particularly interested in dreamwork myself, so I've never tried any of this. But I've read in multiple places that the key to 'having more vivid dreams' (which is really just 'remembering your dreams') is improve your sleep habits, keep a dream diary that you write in the minute you wake up (BEFORE you do anything else) and do pre-bed affirmations about how you will remember your dreams when you wake up. Honestly, it sounds kind of tedious to me... and I think it's one of those areas that if you can't get the mundane in order (ie if you have bad sleep habits) then the magickal probably wont help much.

I've seen discussions here before about good sleep habits. I think Thalassa is the one who's had the most tips to give. Things like what you eat and drink before you sleep, what colour light you have in the bedroom, what you use the bed for (ONLY sleep and sex), not using your tablet or phone before bed, how you wake up... all of that affects what your brain is doing while you sleep (which brainwaves you're getting), which in turn affects your dream cycle and whether or not you will remember your dreams when you wake up.

May 2013
    Religion
    Shamanic Practitioner & Green / Hedge Witch with Hellenic leanings
    Phrase
    Can't never did nothing till it tried!

I've seen color regression used quite a bit for inducing dream states and vibrant dreams. Basically the Chakra system as your laying down to go to sleep or simply rest. Recall it's red - orange - yellow - green - blue - lavender / violet. Not just imagining the colors but actually seeing them upon the third eye and holding each for a moment as you step through them. Have tried a couple times myself using christmas lights that flash with that color sequence which produced pretty good dream states. But will add the warning flashing lights can be iffy depending upon the flash rate and can cause seizures for some people.
    I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Dec 2011
    Religion
    Ecletic Pagan
    Phrase

Quote Originally Posted by monsno_leedra View Post
    I've seen color regression used quite a bit for inducing dream states and vibrant dreams. Basically the Chakra system as your laying down to go to sleep or simply rest. Recall it's red - orange - yellow - green - blue - lavender / violet. Not just imagining the colors but actually seeing them upon the third eye and holding each for a moment as you step through them. Have tried a couple times myself using christmas lights that flash with that color sequence which produced pretty good dream states. But will add the warning flashing lights can be iffy depending upon the flash rate and can cause seizures for some people.
    I've honestly haven't done anything with chakras, and I don't know much about them. I would have to look into this. Thank you.

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

May 2005
    Religion
    LaVeyan Satanist
    Phrase
    A Clockwork orange

I know there are spells for prophetic dreams, and dream pillows (which I think do the same thing?), but I was wondering if there was a spell for having for having more vivid dreams. I've tried things like eating bananas and taking vitamin b6 supplements, but neither worked.
    You know I'm all about practical stuff.

Spicy foods before bed. You will be dreaming of two headed monsters and flying on cabbage leaves in no time (an actual dream of mine)
    Satan is my spirit animal

Nov 2015
    Religion
    Naturalist and ice-cream worshipper

The state between waking and sleep can be interesting to work with, though it requires some practice to stay "in the zone".
    Once a man, like the sea I raged;
    Once a woman, like the earth I gave;
    And there is in fact more earth than sea.
    Genesis lyric

May 2005
    Religion
    LaVeyan Satanist
    Phrase
    A Clockwork orange

Quote Originally Posted by Porpoise View Post
    The state between waking and sleep can be interesting to work with, though it requires some practice to stay "in the zone".
    Omg weird that you talk about that. I've had that happen quite a few times (mind you as a child I had very bad nightmares where I tried to harm myself in my sleep. So the shrink had me learn lucid dreaming (hence why I can fly away from danger on my magic cabbage leaves)Anywho...I go to bed regularly with my headphone buds in my ear (titinitus means I can't sleep in complete silence or you get that horrid ringing going on) Sometimes I'll be 'awake' and then I'll still be in the dream...sort of moving it along. Like I'm aware I'm not fully asleep but my mind is still pretending to be in that dream. Usually it's of my mother. I hold tight to stay there in sleep with her. And then when I'm fully awake I feel as if I've been dreaming for years or something. It's quite jarring at times.
    Satan is my spirit animal