Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is your opinion on editing human DNA?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What is your opinion on editing human DNA?

I'm not sure that I'm 100% on editing human DNA. Editing DNA will result probably into a mutated defect or mutants.

Comment

Let nature take its course. Its been doing it for billions of years. It knows what its doing.
      I'm not one to ever pray for mercy
      Or to wish on pennies in the fountain or the shrine
      But that day you know I left my money
      And I thought of you only
      All that copper glowing fine

Comment

With nature it's just luck of the draw but when a change makes you better it remains while mistakes get deleted. We humans try to save folks who are genetically different whether the change is good or bad. You know human life is more important than anything else. There is going to be DNA manipulation and probably electronic enhancements as well. I just hope that the screw ups aren't too bad.
        The Dragon sees infinity and those it touches are forced to feel the reality of it.
        I am his student and his partner. He is my guide and an ominous friend.

Comment

Well, I don't believe evolution makes choices-even though it is often phrased that way, even in places of education by those who have no intention to misrepresent evolution. My plant sciences lecturer often says 'they have evolved to...' or asks us to answer 'why do you think they have evolved to...' as if the plants did it deliberately.

What I meant was that it is a tried and tested method. It works. We fight nature with unnatural extra child production such as IVF, so have to counter this by countering nature with contraceptives.

Maybe we shouldn't try and make people 'perfect' unless we are willing to control our desire to reproduce as a species, because we will be far better adapted to survive when historically the weak would have died. Without meaning to sound heartless, obviously all loss of life is regrettable, might we have to be heartless since we won't let nature be? If population is becoming unsustainable in its current numbers (I said becoming, I don't think the world is currently 'overpopulated', there is currently enough food, being wasted, in the world to feed everyone, but at its expansion, we will have to lose freedoms to sustain global populations much above our current 7bn~) is it a good idea to make humans better adapted and more likely to survive still?
          I'm not one to ever pray for mercy
          Or to wish on pennies in the fountain or the shrine
          But that day you know I left my money
          And I thought of you only
          All that copper glowing fine

Comment

There are too many people out there who couldn't be trusted to edit a text message properly.

I certainly wouldn't trust them with DNA.
            www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Comment

I don't think it's wise to mess with our DNA. Just leave it be.
              Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

The driving force in DNA research is repairing genetic diseases and immune deficiencies. What it will lead to can be threatening but the research and probably the experimentation will happen. (is happening)
                The Dragon sees infinity and those it touches are forced to feel the reality of it.

Comment

Don't mess with nature, she always finds a way to mess with you back even worse. That's all I'll say about it.

Comment

There is the off chance they will only use it for good(though things have been known to go sideways just a little)
                    MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                    NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                    don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                    http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

ITT: A bunch of people who don't know about DNA editing talk about whether or not we should edit DNA.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePaganMafia View Post
                        ITT: A bunch of people who don't know about DNA editing talk about whether or not we should edit DNA.
                        Shrug. You don't have to know all that much about the technique to consider the ethics of the concept.
                        Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                        sigpic

Comment

It could benefit medical science,or it could become a nightmare depending on many things. If its use is only for company's to make a LOT of money it might go south very fast,if it is used to benefit human suffering with no consideration about money it "Might" be the beginning of a much better outlook for people with once non treatable medical issues.
                          MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                          NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                          don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                          http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

New twists in technology are almost always militarized and then they are profit vehicles. Enterprises are driven by the desires of the greatest populations because by satisfying those desires one makes the most money. The "editing" of DNA is no different. What it is used for will depend on what people are willing to pay for. Would you like to be stronger? Would you like to have your sensory perception increased? How about having such a strong immune system that you would never need to see a doctor again?

Step right up folks, this is a world of real magic!

Comment

In my opinion everthing has some advatages and disadvantages.
                              Look, first thing is that, by making some changes in DNA, there is a very high chance of transforamtion of human body life cycle. In some manner it could be good or bad, depends on its formulation.

And the other thing is that, change in DNA means, we are going to change the whole idenity of a human.

Comment

Working...
                              X