purpose of government

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

purpose of government

What do you think the purpose of government should be?
    Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
    sigpic

Re: purpose of government

The only valid purpose for government it to protect the individual rights and freedoms of every citizen. When the endanger those rights and freedoms they are no longer governing - they are ruling.
    The Dragon sees infinity and those it touches are forced to feel the reality of it.
    I am his student and his partner. He is my guide and an ominous friend.

Comment

Use raised tax dollars and their budget to create viable infrastructure, a healthcare system, public works programs, social programs, regulate corporations, legislate sensible laws, essentially to make sure life easier and protect the citizen.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePaganMafia View Post
        Use raised tax dollars and their budget to create viable infrastructure, a healthcare system, public works programs, social programs, regulate corporations, legislate sensible laws, essentially to make sure life easier and protect the citizen.
        I agree with this.

Comment

I agree with this. Government should be there to use tax wisely for the benefit of all. If not, then we may as well not have it at all. If we are going to have it, it should be of collective benefit.
          I'm not one to ever pray for mercy
          Or to wish on pennies in the fountain or the shrine
          But that day you know I left my money
          And I thought of you only
          All that copper glowing fine

Comment

To do what the people vote it to do without breaking the rules the people set up before the govt. And now my brain hurts.
            Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

To do what is in the best interest of all people under their governing. To use the latest technology for medicine, education, and agriculture. To use what resources are not needed for their own country to help other countries, this includes monetary and technological. To protect and uphold the original Bill of Rights and Declaration of Independence. To inform its people where and why its taxes are being used and to protect and uphold equal opportunity, this includes education, healthcare, and employment.

To have a military and police force to protect its people from threats and to lend a helping hand but only if it is direly needed to foreign countries. To have a military and police force built upon community values and compassion - we can still have an elite military and police force trained in combat and black operations without tearing their hearts from their chests and their love from their souls. Basically, "For the People, By the People" and "To Serve and Protect."

Comment

The purpose of the government is to govern: i.e. - Conduct the policy, actions, and affairs of (a state, organization, or people).

People tend expect a government to do more for them than they are willing to do for themselves, though, so the role of the government has been expanded into that of care giver and private nurse.
                Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

The core goals of government should be, In order, External defense forces, internal peace/police forces, Judicial systems, Education, health and transport infrastructure, and the minimum or regulation to prevent corporations becoming feudal empires or abusing citizens.

Comment

Working...
                  X