Thread: Food Poll # 12: Junk Food Edition

Oct 2005
    Religion
    relational theophysis and bioregional witchery
    Phrase
    *a little bad taste is like a nice dash of paprika*

Food Poll # 12: Junk Food Edition

What are your favorite junk foods?
    “You have never answered but you did not need to. If I stand at the ocean I can hear you with your thousand voices. Sometimes you shout, hilarious laughter that taunts all questions. Other nights you are silent as death, a mirror in which the stars show themselves. Then I think you want to tell me something, but you never do. Of course I know I have written letters to no-one. But what if I find a trident tomorrow?" ~~Letters to Poseidon, Cees Nooteboom

“We still carry this primal relationship to the Earth within our consciousness, even if we have long forgotten it. It is a primal recognition of the wonder, beauty, and divine nature of the Earth. It is a felt reverence for all that exists. Once we bring this foundational quality into our consciousness, we will be able to respond to our present man-made crisis from a place of balance, in which our actions will be grounded in an attitude of respect for all of life. This is the nature of real sustainability.”
    ~~Llewellyn Vaughan-Lee

"We are the offspring of history, and must establish our own paths in this most diverse and interesting of conceivable universes--one indifferent to our suffering, and therefore offering us maximal freedom to thrive, or to fail, in our own chosen way."
    ~~Stephen Jay Gould, Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of History

"Humans are not rational creatures. Now, logic and rationality are very helpful tools, but there’s also a place for embracing our subjectivity and thinking symbolically. Sometimes what our so-called higher thinking can’t or won’t see, our older, more primitive intuition will." John Beckett

Pagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible

Copper Member
    Sep 2015
    Religion
    Arratu - based on Sumer 4500 to 1800BCE

Re: Food Poll # 12: Junk Food Edition

It has been so long since I have had junk food I wouldn't know if I ever had a favorite. Maybe a coke but I don't drink it any more.

Oct 2015
    Religion
    Agnostic

I put salty, but I like salty and spicy together.

My local Refresqueria (snow cone stand) has the most incredible junk food to me. About once a month I just give in and buy a whole meal from there, even more often during the summer, when I am burning more calories.

First of all, they actually serve Cheetos con queso. I mean, can you even imagine? I've never tried it yet, but I bet its delicious.

But what I like is what they call Conchitas Mixtas or Conchitas Preparradas. They take a one-serving bag of Mexican Conchitas chips, which I would somewhat analogize to American Bugles but crunchier, and split it open the same way as a person making Frito Pie. Then they add queso Amarillo, queso fresca, chili, jalapenos, Valentina sauce, cream and salsa verde on top. It looks disgusting but it is so tasty! I like with a lime snow-cone. Or if I am really getting fancy, a fresada or mangonada (strawberry or mango smoothie with chili powder).

If I just have to buy something at a store, then I like Sabritas Favoritas Fiesta Mix which is a Frito Lay Mexican product.

I guess I just like Mexican food.

Oct 2005
    Religion
    relational theophysis and bioregional witchery
    Phrase
    *a little bad taste is like a nice dash of paprika*

Toblarone. Or dark chocolate with caramel. Other than that, there are these crackers called chicken-in-a-biscuit that I occasionally indulge in.
    “You have never answered but you did not need to. If I stand at the ocean I can hear you with your thousand voices. Sometimes you shout, hilarious laughter that taunts all questions. Other nights you are silent as death, a mirror in which the stars show themselves. Then I think you want to tell me something, but you never do. Of course I know I have written letters to no-one. But what if I find a trident tomorrow?" ~~Letters to Poseidon, Cees Nooteboom

“We still carry this primal relationship to the Earth within our consciousness, even if we have long forgotten it. It is a primal recognition of the wonder, beauty, and divine nature of the Earth. It is a felt reverence for all that exists. Once we bring this foundational quality into our consciousness, we will be able to respond to our present man-made crisis from a place of balance, in which our actions will be grounded in an attitude of respect for all of life. This is the nature of real sustainability.”
    ~~Llewellyn Vaughan-Lee

"We are the offspring of history, and must establish our own paths in this most diverse and interesting of conceivable universes--one indifferent to our suffering, and therefore offering us maximal freedom to thrive, or to fail, in our own chosen way."
    ~~Stephen Jay Gould, Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of History

"Humans are not rational creatures. Now, logic and rationality are very helpful tools, but there’s also a place for embracing our subjectivity and thinking symbolically. Sometimes what our so-called higher thinking can’t or won’t see, our older, more primitive intuition will." John Beckett

Pagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible

Nov 2014
    Religion
    Eclectic with some strong norse tendensies

I don't eat junkfood much (I refuse to qualify icecream as junk. It's part of my weigt gaining diet ). But I like salty stuff, chips and popcorn! Oh. And pizza.
    You remind me of the babe
    What babe?
    The babe with the power
    What power?
    The Power of voodoo
    Who do?
    You do!
    Do what?
    Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Dec 2010
    Religion
    Eclectic Pagan/Stregheria

I have zero sweet tooth - it's all about salty/savory/spicy for me. I like Bugles (a corn chip).

Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Dec 2011
    Religion
    Ecletic Pagan
    Phrase
    There is no mastery--only constant improvement.

I like chocolate, but chips are my weakness.
    “You must be shapeless, formless, like water. When you pour water in a cup, it becomes the cup. When you pour water in a bottle, it becomes the bottle. When you pour water in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Water can drip and it can crash. Become like water my friend.” -- Bruce Lee

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

lady sings the blues DanieMarie's Avatar
    Oct 2009
    Religion
    Solitary Pagan

At the end of the day, it's chocolate. And not something chocolate...just straight up chocolate. Living in the Land of Chocolate does that to you. It's so good here, and so, so cheap (like, even the expensive chocolate is cheap!)

That being said, I enjoy other junk foods like chips and cake.

Jun 2015
    Religion
    Seeking a shamanic ancestor veneration path.

I used to have a serious sweet tooth as a child. It's why I have so many fillings (one of them gold!)

But now I'm into the savoury junk. Hot dog in a bun on a bed of onions, drizzled with mustard and ketchup... mmm... I'd choose that over a box of chocolates 9 times out of 10.
    I'm not one to ever pray for mercy
    Or to wish on pennies in the fountain or the shrine
    But that day you know I left my money
    And I thought of you only
    All that copper glowing fine

Dec 2011
    Religion
    Ecletic Pagan
    Phrase
    There is no mastery--only constant improvement.

Quote Originally Posted by DanieMarie View Post
    At the end of the day, it's chocolate. And not something chocolate...just straight up chocolate. Living in the Land of Chocolate does that to you. It's so good here, and so, so cheap (like, even the expensive chocolate is cheap!)

That being said, I enjoy other junk foods like chips and cake.
    Your post made me think of this:

“You must be shapeless, formless, like water. When you pour water in a cup, it becomes the cup. When you pour water in a bottle, it becomes the bottle. When you pour water in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Water can drip and it can crash. Become like water my friend.” -- Bruce Lee

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs