Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: A Spell For Gaining More Views And Subscribers On Youtube

Oct 2010
    Religion
    solitary pagan witch with a strong interest in Anglo Saxons
    Phrase
    Phantom Turnips never die. They just get stewed occasionally....

Re: A Spell For Gaining More Views And Subscribers On Youtube

Quote Originally Posted by R. Eugene Laughlin View Post
    There's no reason one can't do both though, and there are good reasons why adding magick to ones overall efforts can be helpful. Magick-only efforts without appropriate and necessary mundane engagement tends to be a waste, that seems to be true enough to me. But adding good magick to the overall effort can be expected to make the mundane efforts better, more effective, more whatever is needed.

Bartman,

A common tactic applied to media for public consumption is sigil magick. Google for it. You'll find tons of ideas.
    The reasons why I personally would not advise BMH to plunge into spells at this stage is that he hasn't entirely worked on his YOuTube Channel and its content and also - if you follow his pattern of posts - that he has a myriad of sub-issues and other problems weighing him down.

Good magic really stems from a clear intention and a focussed will. At the moment I think he needs to underpin this with more physical effort regarding his videos.

- - - Updated - - -

There's no reason one can't do both though, and there are good reasons why adding magick to ones overall efforts can be helpful. Magick-only efforts without appropriate and necessary mundane engagement tends to be a waste, that seems to be true enough to me. But adding good magick to the overall effort can be expected to make the mundane efforts better, more effective, more whatever is needed.

Bartman,

A common tactic applied to media for public consumption is sigil magick. Google for it. You'll find tons of ideas.
    The reasons why I personally would not advise BMH to plunge into spells at this stage is that he hasn't entirely worked on his YOuTube Channel and its content and also - if you follow his pattern of posts - that he has a myriad of sub-issues and other problems weighing him down.

Good magic really stems from a clear intention and a focussed will. At the moment I think he needs to underpin this with more physical effort regarding his videos. A video of under one minute apparently telling someone they are cursed is not all that appealing.
    www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Nov 2015
    Religion
    Contemporary Pagan

Quote Originally Posted by Tylluan Penry View Post

Good magic really stems from a clear intention and a focussed will. At the moment I think he needs to underpin this with more physical effort regarding his videos. A video of under one minute apparently telling someone they are cursed is not all that appealing.
    Points well-taken. I've read some of the other posts and appreciate your intuition about that. I also appreciate the more specific criticism of the video format; maybe that improves the applicability of your well-reasoned advice. I certainly recognize good intentions in your advice and hope I didn't imply otherwise.

The thoughts that underpinned my advice was that the channel between a media producer and audience runs in both directions, and in important ways runs along occult channels rather than explicit, well-reasoned channels. While I don't think magick is likely to make an artist more talented, I do think ones insights about how an audience perceives published work can improve, and that previously unrecognized modes of expression can open up. Inspiration is an often-unrecognized component of magick effects in my experience.

From an objective point of view, I don't think clear intention is a problem in this case: more subscribers seems a clear enough goal, and hits just about the right level of detail, in my opinion. Necessary focus? Maybe that's an issue; I don't know. Readily googled sigil methods are less demanding than many other approaches though.

May 2005
    Religion
    LaVeyan Satanist
    Phrase
    A Clockwork orange

There's no reason one can't do both though,
    I can't give that advice. I'm an atheist. Good and bad magic are both still not real to me.
    Satan is my spirit animal

Oct 2010
    Religion
    stregheria

If you make good videos,they will come....
    MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
    NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
    don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

http://www.paganforum.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=186&dateline=1330020104

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

Oct 2010
    Religion
    solitary pagan witch with a strong interest in Anglo Saxons
    Phrase
    Phantom Turnips never die. They just get stewed occasionally....

Personally I feel 'more subscribers' might not be the best goal... I mean, we can have subscribers with unpleasant as well as good intentions.
    I still think working on the videos first has to be the best bet. Telling people they are cursed isn't exactly appealing.
    www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Oct 2010
    Religion
    stregheria

Also the Curse thing "Might" be considered a "threat" and bring in the "LAW"
    MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
    NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
    don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

http://www.paganforum.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=186&dateline=1330020104

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

Nov 2015
    Religion
    Contemporary Pagan

Quote Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
    I can't give that advice. I'm an atheist. Good and bad magic are both still not real to me.
    It's a big world and there's room for all of us.

It's off topic for this thread, but magick is an activity that people engage in, really. I assume you mean to suggest that you don't expect doing magick to have any effect. If so, I disagree and would be happy to explain why in a more appropriate thread, if you or anyone else is interested.

May 2005
    Religion
    LaVeyan Satanist
    Phrase
    A Clockwork orange

It's a big world and there's room for all of us.

It's off topic for this thread, but magick is an activity that people engage in, really. I assume you mean to suggest that you don't expect doing magick to have any effect. If so, I disagree and would be happy to explain why in a more appropriate thread, if you or anyone else is interested.
    I don't expect anything from non real things.
    I meant I don't give that advice because I don't believe in that advice.
    And no. I'm not interested. Thanks. I've dabbled in it in my formative young years. I'm 44 and have been a LaVayen Satanist since I was 15. But if you'd like me to teach you about my philosophy, there is a thread here called Ask a Satanist.
    Satan is my spirit animal

Nov 2015
    Religion
    Contemporary Pagan

I don't expect anything from non real things.
    Just to clarify, walking in a circle is a "real" thing if someone does it. What you seem to be saying is that you don't expect walking in a circle has any value as a symbolic act.

I meant I don't give that advice because I don't believe in that advice.
    I hold to that as well.

But if you'd like me to teach you about my philosophy, there is a thread here called Ask a Satanist.
    Thank you. I'll keep that in mind.

Sep 2015
    Religion
    Christian

I know that I'm not moderator but I sense a conflict is going to start. Everybody have a right for an opinion. Medusa have a right for her opinion and Eugene have a right for his opinion. We don't have to agree on everything. But we have to respect each other and with our opinions. Let us keep that in mind ok. Thank you. I just want to save the moderator trouble.