Dungeons And Dragons Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Dungeons And Dragons Discussion Thread

Well my party killed the demonic children group. These creatures didn't even put up a fight. Well at least those creatures were easier to kill comparing our earlier dretch encounter.

Comment

Thanks to Iris telling me about improv, I stumbled upon an improv group from the US that do D&D podcasts and occasionally live streams in which they turn it into a drinking game, getting drunker and drunker as the game goes on. Hilarious stuff!!

Oh they call themselves Crit Juice in case anyone else is interested.
      夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

I just found out that my Eric Spade character sheet along with my other two character sheets have been wiped out.

Comment

My character is unconscious and take 9 points of damage. Making his hit point -1.

Comment

I've recovered back to full HP.

Comment

Has anyone checked out the new Tomb of Annihilation module yet? I watched the Stream of Annihilated when it aired on Twitch and have followed the High Rollers play through since then. The module is BRUTAL. It's definitely not one for new players nor is it for anyone who gets attached to their characters. Fun to watch, but I'm glad I don't have to play.

In one of the dungeons the only way out is for a character to sever their own arm off (thus having disadvantage in later rooms), while another makes you battle a beholder with a magnetic column in the middle of the room that anyone wearing armour gets stuck to! And don't get me started on the zombie t-rex that vomits zombies every other round!
              夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

I'm going to post my D&D version 3.5 character sheets to see what you think about it. I make over 50+ character sheets so far.

Comment

Originally posted by Bartmanhomer View Post
                  I'm going to post my D&D version 3.5 character sheets to see what you think about it. I make over 50+ character sheets so far.
                  You should look at the 'meat grinder' rule in Tomb of Annihilation. It's an optional rule in which you have to get above 15 to be successful on death saving throws. The module is already pretty deadly (it's based on the original Tomb of Horrors) and the whole point of the module is that the dead can't be brought back, so playing with the meat grinder rule requires you to have plenty back-up characters! 50+ might just see you to the end of the campaign. ^^

Comment

Originally posted by Jembru View Post
                    You should look at the 'meat grinder' rule in Tomb of Annihilation. It's an optional rule in which you have to get above 15 to be successful on death saving throws. The module is already pretty deadly (it's based on the original Tomb of Horrors) and the whole point of the module is that the dead can't be brought back, so playing with the meat grinder rule requires you to have plenty back-up characters! 50+ might just see you to the end of the campaign. ^^
                    That's sound a bit extreme isn't it.

Comment

That's sound a bit extreme isn't it.
                      Yup! It's brutal. This module was deliberately designed to be one of the most challenging yet, and the meat grinder rule is there for those who really want to feel the mortality of the game. I don't think I'll ever play the Tomb of Annihilation even with regular rules because it tries to kill you at every turn.

Comment

Originally posted by Jembru View Post
                        Yup! It's brutal. This module was deliberately designed to be one of the most challenging yet, and the meat grinder rule is there for those who really want to feel the mortality of the game. I don't think I'll ever play the Tomb of Annihilation even with regular rules because it tries to kill you at every turn.

Oh my god. That game is suicide. I'm sticking with regular rules. Screw meat grinder.

Comment

I'm planning to play a bard in D&D 3.5. He happen to be a jester.

Comment

I've been interested in playing DnD and even tried joining the DnD club at my school last year, however I'm not sure where to start on learning how to play. There seems to be A LOT of information, one of the club officials had a book that had to be 400+ pages.

Mind telling me where newbies should start?

Comment

Originally posted by Celtic_ View Post
                              I've been interested in playing DnD and even tried joining the DnD club at my school last year, however I'm not sure where to start on learning how to play. There seems to be A LOT of information, one of the club officials had a book that had to be 400+ pages.

Mind telling me where newbies should start?
                              There are so many editions for D&D. Which editions do you want to play?

Comment

There are so many editions for D&D. Which editions do you want to play?
                                Oh god I'm not sure which my school uses. I googled them, are you talking about the original, advanced, then 1st edition up to 5th edition?

I guess 5th edition since it's the newest however I'm pretty sure this isn't what you're talking about xD

Mind suggesting one for me?
                                Last edited by Celtic_; 18 Aug 2018, 14:28.

Comment

Working...
                                X