Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Angry All The Time

Dec 2015
    Religion
    Celtic pagan
    Phrase
    Intergrity; doing the right thing even if no one is watching.

Re: Angry All The Time

Quote Originally Posted by B. de Corbin View Post
    Even though I've known you for a long time, I'm not comfortable giving much advice .

For myself, though, I've found that learning the art of "letting go" has solved a lot of similar problems for me.
    Great notion. It is also one of the hardest things for people to do. Letting go of the things one cannot change. Of course this brings to mind the serenity prayer that we use in AA. There is a pagan version of the prayer. The serenity prayer is a valuable tool in keeping me focused on the things that I alone can control, namely me. I have the power to change things only in my own sphere and when I accept that and let the other crap go I can accept that I am where I am supposed to be at this moment. Remember too, your current situation is not your final destination. And with that reminder it helps me to focus again only what I can change. Good luck my friend.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Spiny Norman View Post
    Many moons ago I bought one of those when I started working as a Probation Officer.
    That's a great way to avoid beating the crap out of your probationers that repeatedly screw up.

Oct 2010
    Religion
    stregheria

The term is shine it on,let it slide,and it can indeed be hard to reach that state. Something that helps is thinking to oneself,in the scheme of things,is this really even worth my attention.

Sounds easy,but sometimes I think we become addicted to our anger,the term righteous anger pops up a lot with people. For some I think,anger is what helps them get through the day,if not angry,then no energy from it.
    MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
    NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
    don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

http://www.paganforum.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=186&dateline=1330020104

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
    http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Dec 2015
    Religion
    Celtic pagan
    Phrase

Quote Originally Posted by habbalah View Post
    It makes sense. I just haven't been able to find a single source, since it seems like everything pisses me off lately.
    It is more likely something else that is causing the anger and the things that are currently pissing you off are just the foci for that anger.

Dec 2011
    Religion
    Ecletic Pagan
    Phrase
    There is no mastery--only constant improvement.

Quote Originally Posted by Taulmaril View Post
    It is more likely something else that is causing the anger and the things that are currently pissing you off are just the foci for that anger.
    Also entirely possible.
    “You must be shapeless, formless, like water. When you pour water in a cup, it becomes the cup. When you pour water in a bottle, it becomes the bottle. When you pour water in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Water can drip and it can crash. Become like water my friend.” -- Bruce Lee

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Dec 2015
    Religion
    Celtic pagan
    Phrase

Also entirely possible.
    I find that when I am pissed off that most of the time it is because of an event. I used to get pissed when my older son wouldn't listen and what it really boiled down to, was that I was mad because he wouldn't let me have control over whatever situation was going on at the time. So I wasn't so much pissed at him as I was pissed because I didn't have the control.

Sep 2015
    Religion
    Christian

Hey you tried anger management therapy yet? It's works.

May 2012
    Religion
    Optimistic Agnostic
    Phrase
    Suspend Judgement

G
    It makes sense. I just haven't been able to find a single source, since it seems like everything pisses me off lately.
    Hey sorry if this has been said ready but if state of anger is not a lifetime problem
    For you, maybe it's hormones? Not PMS, just something your body is going through as it changes.

Oct 2011
    Religion
    Staroverci

I've finally realized that in the past few weeks--maybe even in the past few months--I've just been angry all the time. Not at anything in particular, but everything in general. Everything gets under my skin, or weighs heavy on my mind.

I have no idea why. I haven't had a change in medication or health. My long-term health issues are starting to look up a bit because I'm trying a new treatment and my insurance is finally kicking in. I'm moving towards a point of getting my life in as much order as a can, instead of the mess it's been. So why am I so angry?

Did this increase in irritation start happening around the same time your new treatment began? Or was there a time lapse? If there was a time lapse, which came first (the irritation or the treatment) and roughly how much time passed between the two?

Sometimes when we feel trapped or suppressed by things outside our immediate realm of control we learn to ignore it and its effects entirely until something changes that brings those factors back into some semblance of control. And when that possibility of being able to manipulate specific things in our own lives that relate directly to those formerly ignored and suppressed aspects comes around, it also allows all those ignored and pent-up emotions to emerge (because things that really hurt you don't simply go away by themselves without any processing).

Maybe it's a backlash of something(s) that you hadn't been able to feel or process safely before, but now that you have some relief in those areas your mind is allowing those emotions to come through so they can be processed properly.