Thread: Greetings All

Dec 2015

Greetings All

So, I'm Vanli. Not my real name, but it's one of my more common handles online. It's short for Vanlinghrafn, which is a name I rolled up for a DnD character, because I'm terrible with names.

I tend to keep the pantheon I worship private, though I have recently noticed others who worship the same pantheon, which I hadn't been able to find before.

I have a laundry list, as they say, of medical and psychological issues, which have me on a disability pension, but the more important issues are PTSD and epilepsy, as well as memory issues.

I'm and Aussie, and I've lived in country towns all my life, which I think has helped me with respecting the cycle of life.

I was, theoretically, raised Christian, or at least that's what my Grandma, who cared for me til I was twelve, thought she was doing, but the biggest religious influence she had on me was to tell me that I should just call myself Christian until I decided what I believed. She was shocked, a couple of years ago, to hear that I'd taken that statement, found I couldn't connect to any of the Christian sects, and started looking at other religions. That's the only time I've, technically, 'come out of the broom closet', everyone else just knew. I was a little surprised to realise that my Mum ... foster mum, cousin once removed ... my family is complicated ... already knew when she gave me tarot cards one Christmas, and a set of runes the next. Most of my friends just knew, since we were all kinda pagan, without really talking about it. I didn't really notice that Grandma didn't realise until she reacted two ish years ago when I mentioned something about the chaplain at my last school really not caring since I respected the faith everyone else felt and didn't proselytise. Again, I hadn't told him, just everyone knew. Some people accused me of cursing them, once ... they'd asked me to cast a spell on them, so I wished that they'd get precisely what they deserved ... in french. It was fun telling the house mother that. I explained that I didn't believe in casting that sort of spell, and that most 'spells' were just prayers, to a different god than they believed in. Which was fun especially because it was a Presbyterian boarding school. As happens in a boarding house, everyone found out, and instead of avoiding me, everyone sniggered at the girls who'd accused me. Again, very amusing.

Sorry for the extended ramble, I took my meds around an hour before breakfast instead of with it, this morning, which makes me kinda weird for the rest of the day.

So, yeah, hi all!

Oct 2013
    Religion
    Egyptian Wiccan
    Phrase
    Daughter of Lord Anubis and Lady Bast.

Re: Greetings All

Welcome to the forum!
    Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Reading is Love | Serenity Hutchinson (Online Resume)

Dec 2015
    Religion
    Neoplatonist Hellenic Pagan

Welcome to the forum!

Dec 2011
    Religion
    Ecletic Pagan
    Phrase
    There is no mastery--only constant improvement.

Hello and welcome. I hope you enjoy it here.
    “You must be shapeless, formless, like water. When you pour water in a cup, it becomes the cup. When you pour water in a bottle, it becomes the bottle. When you pour water in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Water can drip and it can crash. Become like water my friend.” -- Bruce Lee

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Jun 2014
    Religion
    Atheistic / modern satanist

Thank you for your introduction Vanli. Welcome to the forum!