Greetings All

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Greetings All

So, I'm Vanli. Not my real name, but it's one of my more common handles online. It's short for Vanlinghrafn, which is a name I rolled up for a DnD character, because I'm terrible with names.

I tend to keep the pantheon I worship private, though I have recently noticed others who worship the same pantheon, which I hadn't been able to find before.

I have a laundry list, as they say, of medical and psychological issues, which have me on a disability pension, but the more important issues are PTSD and epilepsy, as well as memory issues.

I'm and Aussie, and I've lived in country towns all my life, which I think has helped me with respecting the cycle of life.

I was, theoretically, raised Christian, or at least that's what my Grandma, who cared for me til I was twelve, thought she was doing, but the biggest religious influence she had on me was to tell me that I should just call myself Christian until I decided what I believed. She was shocked, a couple of years ago, to hear that I'd taken that statement, found I couldn't connect to any of the Christian sects, and started looking at other religions. That's the only time I've, technically, 'come out of the broom closet', everyone else just knew. I was a little surprised to realise that my Mum ... foster mum, cousin once removed ... my family is complicated ... already knew when she gave me tarot cards one Christmas, and a set of runes the next. Most of my friends just knew, since we were all kinda pagan, without really talking about it. I didn't really notice that Grandma didn't realise until she reacted two ish years ago when I mentioned something about the chaplain at my last school really not caring since I respected the faith everyone else felt and didn't proselytise. Again, I hadn't told him, just everyone knew. Some people accused me of cursing them, once ... they'd asked me to cast a spell on them, so I wished that they'd get precisely what they deserved ... in french. It was fun telling the house mother that. I explained that I didn't believe in casting that sort of spell, and that most 'spells' were just prayers, to a different god than they believed in. Which was fun especially because it was a Presbyterian boarding school. As happens in a boarding house, everyone found out, and instead of avoiding me, everyone sniggered at the girls who'd accused me. Again, very amusing.

Sorry for the extended ramble, I took my meds around an hour before breakfast instead of with it, this morning, which makes me kinda weird for the rest of the day.

So, yeah, hi all!

Re: Greetings All

Welcome to the forum!
    Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Welcome to the forum!

Comment

Hello and welcome. I hope you enjoy it here.
        Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

Thank you for your introduction Vanli. Welcome to the forum!

Comment

Working...
          X