Opinion Debate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Opinion Debate

I believe that everybody have a right to express their no matter how outrageous and disagreeable it is. Take Quetin Tarantino anti-police opinion for example. He has the right to express his anti-police opinion despite the NYPD censoring him. Opinions make people human. That the way of life. What do you think?

Re: Opinion Debate

I think you can state your opinion if you like. But, don't claim your opinions as facts if they are not. By all means, state your opinions if you want to.
    "Turn, and look in the mirror. What do you see?" Her own brown eyes stared back at her until she was nothing but a blur.

"I see you. Red lipstick spread perfectly over your lush mouth, brown eyes that hold centuries upon centuries of secrets. A face made to entice even the most celibate of men and women alike. A red dress that sways and moves with your body, making you a temptation like no other."

Comment

Originally posted by Bartmanhomer View Post
      I believe that everybody have a right to express their no matter how outrageous and disagreeable it is. Take Quetin Tarantino anti-police opinion for example. He has the right to express his anti-police opinion despite the NYPD censoring him. Opinions make people human. That the way of life. What do you think?
      Sure, you can express any opinion you like. Just don't expect other people to take you seriously if you can't justify what you're saying with reasonable facts. Especially in a debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Azvanna View Post
        Sure, you can express any opinion you like. Just don't expect other people to take you seriously if you can't justify what you're saying with reasonable facts. Especially in a debate.
        I agree completely.
        "Turn, and look in the mirror. What do you see?" Her own brown eyes stared back at her until she was nothing but a blur.

"I see you. Red lipstick spread perfectly over your lush mouth, brown eyes that hold centuries upon centuries of secrets. A face made to entice even the most celibate of men and women alike. A red dress that sways and moves with your body, making you a temptation like no other."

Comment

Originally posted by Bartmanhomer View Post
          I actually agree. Except for when Tarantino lied about his time in the po po. Now he just looks like a liar.

Though I love his movies. He sorta makes me cringe when he gets interviewed by black people and puts on a 'black' accent.
          Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Do I think you should be able to speak with a great deal of freedom without legal consequence? Yes

Do I think you should be able to speak with a great deal of freedom without any consequence? There are any number of people who could tell you my feelings on their attempts to claim absolute freedom of speech on PF. You just might have difficulty contacting some of them since they are currently under permanent ban.
            life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
              I actually agree. Except for when Tarantino lied about his time in the po po. Now he just looks like a liar.

Though I love his movies. He sorta makes me cringe when he gets interviewed by black people and puts on a 'black' accent.
              Lol...What is a "black" accent?

Comment

Originally posted by EndlessCravings View Post
                Lol...What is a "black" accent?
                I didn't have my glasses on. I didn't want to go into the deep description of pc speak. But I got my glasses.

So the way African Americans in inner cities speak. With bad verbage and grammar. Sorta how I type geeky speak at times here with my mah and lolz and diz.

Here. Just...watch...

and lo and behold...the different accent:

I rest my case your honor. :=I:

Comment

I didn't have my glasses on. I didn't want to go into the deep description of pc speak. But I got my glasses.

So the way African Americans in inner cities speak. With bad verbage and grammar. Sorta how I type geeky speak at times here with my mah and lolz and diz.

Here. Just...watch...

and lo and behold...the different accent:

I rest my case your honor. :=I:

Oh wow...how cute.

Ah ok, that's what you meant. I talk like that sometimes, especially when I get angry lol. I would say they way we talk sometimes is a part of our culture, but I don't know completely.

Comment

You are legally free to say almost anything you want, as long as it falls within your country's definition of freedom of speech. However, freedom of speech is not the same as freedom of response. You can state an opinion, and others have the right to challenge you on it (though nothing says you owe them a response).

If you're in a debate and you make a statement of fact or strong opinion that contradicts what is considered the social norm, it's your responsibility in that conversation format to support that position with logic and or facts. That's just how science and reasoning works.
                    Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

Express an opinion?

Yes.

Get torn to shreds for expressing an opinion?

Of course.

If "A" expresses an opinion, "B" can express an opinion on that opinion, and it may be harsh...

Fair is fair.

I also believe in the legal concept of slander/libel, and fat cash settlements from civil court determined guilt.
                      Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

This is actually a normal, recognized socio-linguistic phenomenon between people with different accents.
                        I'm not one to ever pray for mercy
                        Or to wish on pennies in the fountain or the shrine
                        But that day you know I left my money
                        And I thought of you only
                        All that copper glowing fine

Comment

Originally posted by Briton View Post
                          This is actually a normal, recognized socio-linguistic phenomenon between people with different accents.
                          You know, I believe you are right.
                          But he's still a douche.

Comment

I think sometimes people take their opinions much too seriously. I mean they are just opinions.
                            Once a man, like the sea I raged;
                            Once a woman, like the earth I gave;
                            And there is in fact more earth than sea.
                            Genesis lyric

Comment

Nowadays it seems that opinions are taken more as a part of a personality so whenever you "attack" someone's opinion they take it as a personal assault.
                              Especially on the internet.
                              baah.

Comment

Working...
                              X