No announcement yet.

What is something you struggle with?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What is something you struggle with?

Anxiety. There always seems to be something to worry about. I've got better at dealing with it over the years but it's still there lurking in the background.
    Once a man, like the sea I raged;
    Once a woman, like the earth I gave;
    And there is in fact more earth than sea.
    Genesis lyric

Comment

Anxiety. More anxiety. A bit of fear to mix it up. Lots of worrying... about pretty much anything. But it's been worse.

Of course there's the whole thing with my mom too.
      You remind me of the babe
      What babe?
      The babe with the power
      What power?
      The Power of voodoo
      Who do?
      You do!
      Do what?
      Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Comment

Anxiety+the related. People. Finding good usernames. Laziness. Wasting time. But especially the usernames!

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and also studies and future. Those are big ones. I'm doomed.
        baah.

Comment

People.
          Yes, people can be a challenge at times.
          Once a man, like the sea I raged;
          Once a woman, like the earth I gave;
          And there is in fact more earth than sea.
          Genesis lyric

Comment

Sometimes I struggle with control. Wanting to hurt people lol, I'm not too fond of getting punished and since I rarely ever learn my lesson it'll be a continuous loop.
            "Turn, and look in the mirror. What do you see?" Her own brown eyes stared back at her until she was nothing but a blur.

"I see you. Red lipstick spread perfectly over your lush mouth, brown eyes that hold centuries upon centuries of secrets. A face made to entice even the most celibate of men and women alike. A red dress that sways and moves with your body, making you a temptation like no other."

Comment

This thread has me feeling very thankful. I had migraines from 10 years old to about 50 when I decided that, as a Reiki master, I could get rid of them. Depression was a big part of the history with migraines and there was more than once that I sat on the bed with a shotgun in my hands to prevent the next one. Love of my family kept me from pulling the trigger. I didn't want them to have the guilt or the job of cleaning my brains off the walls and ceiling. I can't even remember what those days felt like any more. For the last ten years I have been in a process of healing from a back injury the took the use of my right hand and lung due to nerve damage. I have had two surgeries to correct the nerve damage and have regained most of the control over my right hand and arm and I have the use of my right lung back. I was never suppose to have a pain free life and the pain clinic and my doctor put me on methadone for long term pain management in the second year of treatment. I took myself off the Methadone in the fourth year and told my doctor I needed a pain reliever that I could take to match the pain that I was having so I wasn't sitting on the couch drooling when I had little pain or taking two pain meds when it was a "bad day". I am completely off the opiate pain meds now and yes there is always pain there but it is not something I struggle with daily. There are some days that I wish I could just feel "normal" after doing something the day before but as long as I can keep progressing I am good with the various levels of pain. I can thank my migraines for my high pain threshold and tolerance to long term pain.

The only thing I "struggle" with is having so much that I want to do and not having the ability to do it all. I do empathize with those of you who battle depression and or pain. I have never battled with mental problems, I always rather enjoyed mine. I have never had any emotional or mental problems but I have been called crazy and "alien" because of my strange ways of looking at my life.

Anyway, I just wanted to know that you have all reminded me just how fortunate I am. I hope that you each get through your struggles and live a full and happy life without them.
              The Dragon sees infinity and those it touches are forced to feel the reality of it.
              I am his student and his partner. He is my guide and an ominous friend.

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
                To be honest I struggle with thinking at times,"The world would be better off without this person" Not me,but at times seeing a real douchebag that my mind tells me the world would be better off without. I would never "take out" anyone,but my mind does fantasize the act. I wonder if more people have these thoughts.....
                We do. Or at least I can say that I do. I'd never actually kill anyone, with the possible exception of two people on this earth (though one is in jail serving a 100+ year sentence, so he's safe from me). However, I still have thought of "humanity would be better without this person".
                Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

I feel pretty grateful reading this thread. I used to struggle a lot with anxiety, agoraphobia, and fear of being alone (not like, in the indefinite future; like fear of not having someone with me physically at any given time). But I think I managed a lot of that by improving my physical living conditions. Eating better, exercising regularly, forcing myself into healthy patterns and routines, getting pets, and getting out into nature some every day.

A lot of what has been mentioned here are serious, diagnostic conditions that rise to the level of clinical care. Fortunately for me, my psychological issues didn't get to that level, so the above lifestyle changes were enough to make them manageable. Quitting smoking was the last one I did though, and I have to say I still struggle with that all the time. While there have been a lot of rewarding changes in my life due to quitting smoking, even three years later now, I have to say I am still not truly happy that I quit. I guess I just really enjoyed it that much. Oh well, still trying to fake it til I make it. One day I'll get there.

Comment

Originally posted by TxanGoddess View Post
                    I feel pretty grateful reading this thread. I used to struggle a lot with anxiety, agoraphobia, and fear of being alone (not like, in the indefinite future; like fear of not having someone with me physically at any given time). But I think I managed a lot of that by improving my physical living conditions. Eating better, exercising regularly, forcing myself into healthy patterns and routines, getting pets, and getting out into nature some every day.

A lot of what has been mentioned here are serious, diagnostic conditions that rise to the level of clinical care. Fortunately for me, my psychological issues didn't get to that level, so the above lifestyle changes were enough to make them manageable. Quitting smoking was the last one I did though, and I have to say I still struggle with that all the time. While there have been a lot of rewarding changes in my life due to quitting smoking, even three years later now, I have to say I am still not truly happy that I quit. I guess I just really enjoyed it that much. Oh well, still trying to fake it til I make it. One day I'll get there.
                    You're strong. You'll get there.
                    "Turn, and look in the mirror. What do you see?" Her own brown eyes stared back at her until she was nothing but a blur.

"I see you. Red lipstick spread perfectly over your lush mouth, brown eyes that hold centuries upon centuries of secrets. A face made to entice even the most celibate of men and women alike. A red dress that sways and moves with your body, making you a temptation like no other."

Comment

Nothing particularly unique but my biggest struggle is with my body image, although I'm currently winning that particular battle. General self-esteem can be a problem sometimes too, and for some reason i project this onto my home so that I'm constantly cleaning and tidying. Well, i seem to be. Yet the flat is always still a bit untidy, or not quite right... I think I'm winning with this too though.

Another struggle for me is learning. It's very unfortunate that my main hobby also happens to involve studying. So it's definitely a daily struggle. It's not that I can't learn, but I have to work harder at it than some people. I also use a variety of creative tricks and hacks to help my brain to hold onto what I put into it.
                      夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Depression, anxiety, and an incredibly awkward personality.

Comment

My deepest challenge is to care. I could certainly name several "real world" things that people would nod and empathize about, but the truth is that the thing that troubles me the most is not connecting and caring about things that it seems most people care about. I have such a depth of ambivalence about most things most of the time, including my own life. I know I've said it before, but let me reiterate before folks get concerned-- I am not depressed at all, just mostly indifferent when it comes right down to it. There you go -- deep confessions on the internet.

"No, no, you're not thinking; you're just being logical." -- Niels Bohr

Comment

Originally posted by nbdy View Post
                            My deepest challenge is to care. I could certainly name several "real world" things that people would nod and empathize about, but the truth is that the thing that troubles me the most is not connecting and caring about things that it seems most people care about. I have such a depth of ambivalence about most things most of the time, including my own life. I know I've said it before, but let me reiterate before folks get concerned-- I am not depressed at all, just mostly indifferent when it comes right down to it. There you go -- deep confessions on the internet.
                            Some things are better when it's out in the open. Hopefully posting here helped you.

Comment

The main thing I struggle with daily is low energy levels - mainly due to the medication I take. It's very difficult to get up and moving sometimes. Once I take that first step I'm fine - but it's really hard some days. Vitamin B-12 seems to help some.

Between anxiety & depression, I struggle with the former most. I can deal with feeling melancholy...I can't deal with the anxiety though. It's relentless torment at times. Not so much with the meds, thankfully, so it's a trade off.

Comment

Something I struggle with, is not having a partner yet. Yes, I'm only 18. Yes, my partner will come when the time is right. Yes, I have high standards from my future partner. I just feel lonely a bit.
                                "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

Working...
                                X