• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Heathen Resources

useful perhaps!

Comment

http://www.etsy.com/shop/NorseWest This person makes their items from re-purposed metals. They have great stuff.

Comment

Magazine on reconstructionist Heathenry: http://odroerirjournal.com/
        You can find some of my creative writing at http://libbyscribbles.com

Comment

Stephen Pollington's 'Elder Gods' is truly a masterpiece for Anglo Saxon heathen research, saying that all his books are good but 'Elder Gods' is phenomenal. It might be a bit pricey to somebody new to the subject but it is worth every penny.

I would concur with others that asatrulore.org is easily the best heathen forum on the internet.

Comment

Oh what a list! I could definitely use this!

I'd like to add a runes site that I love:

sunnyway.com/runes/
            ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
            Seen the desert and the birds
            You cut your hair short
            Like a shush to an insult
            The world had been yelling
            Since the day you were born
            Revolting with anger
            While it smiled like it was cute
            That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

Some UK websites to buy authentic things (such as jewellery based on real finds, lots of reenactment gear, so pouches, shoes, swords etc) that I use:

Merchant of Menace - I know the bloke who runs this site, while some of his things may be a little on the expensive side, I'm pretty sure EVERYTHING is hand made and I know for a fact everything he sells is good quality, which is why things may cost a little more. I always buy my stuff from him.
              Asgard Crafts - Very very good for jewellery.

Comment

I just stumbled upon these sites a day ago, and while it seems that they haven't been updated for at least a few years, they have some interesting information in them.

"The streams called Ice-waves, those which were so long come from the fountain-heads that the yeasty venom upon them had hardened like the slag that runs out of the fire, - these then became ice; and when the ice halted and ceased to run, then it froze over above. But the drizzling rain that rose from the venom congealed to rime, and the rime increased, frost over frost, each over the other, even into Ginnungagap, the Yawning Void. Ginnungagap, which faced toward the northern quarter, became filled with heaviness, and masses of ice and rime, and from within, drizzling rain and gusts; but the southern part of the Yawning Void was lighted by those sparks and glowing masses which flew out of Múspellheim. Just as cold arose out of Niflheim, and all terrible things, so also all that looked toward Múspellheim became hot and glowing; but Ginnungagap was as mild as windless air, and when the breath of heat met the rime, so that it melted and dripped, life was quickened from the yeast-drops, by the power of that which sent the heat, and became a man's form. And that man is named Ymir, but the Rime-Giants call him Aurgelimir" - The Gylfaginning

Comment

The Norse Mythology Online Library Featured Free eBook The Poetic Edda Translated by Henry Adams Bellows Read Online The Norse ...

The Northern Mythology Blog is a great site in and of itself, but this free book download list makes me a little giddy...

Enjoy!
                  I often wish that I had done drugs in the '70s. At least there'd be a reason for the flashbacks. - Rick the Runesinger

Blood and Country

“Barbarianism is the natural state of mankind. Civilization is unnatural. It is the whim of circumstance. And barbarianism must ultimately triumph.” - Robert E. Howard

Tribe of my Tribe
                  Clan of my Clan
                  Kin of my Kin
                  Blood of my Blood

For the Yule was upon them, the Yule; and they quaffed from the skulls of the slain,
                  And shouted loud oaths in hoarse wit, and long quaffing swore laughing again.

Comment

The Viking Spirit an introduction to norse mythology and religion by Daniel McCoy

Im not allowed to post links but if you search "Norse Mythology for smart people" you should find the authors website

This is a modern work that includes the stories from the edda but explains which parts were in the edda due to the christian system of reconstruction.

- - - Updated - - -

The microsoft store has an app called Rune Reading that I just installed it. search for "download runes app" and it will be at the top of the results on bing search engine.
                    I tried it right before posting this and I'm hoping its accurate. Whether it is or not it told me the same thing I was already thinking! Lol
                    whatcha listening to thread is my playlist for today music i mean

Comment

Working...
                    X