Looking for some guidance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for some guidance

After some days of research and questing within myself, I have found that there is a God that very much interests me. I went to my altar today and called upon him. I offered up a gift and spoke of my desire to have his guidance and blessing. I felt he was asking me to use my pendulum which I got out. He was very powerful and as I listened to what I heard in my mind it was confirmed by the pendulum. I am quite happy about the experience as I was not sure if I would get a positive response. Going forward as I am kind of new to this, I am wondering how others find it is best to communicate? I like coming to my altar. It gives me a place to focus but I would imagine I may call on him at anytime, anywhere.

Also, I have always had times where I am engulfed in a cold chill to the point where I shiver. I have always thought that it is an entity or spirit around me. Is this a common phenomena? I've had it most of my life. It is like when you are cold and shiver but it seems a bit different to me. For one thing I am usually not cold when it happens.

Thanks!

Re: Looking for some guidance

Because I currently don't have an altar, most of my communication is through prayer, where I usually hold the mjolnir or kolovrat pendant I wear and speak to Thor or Dazbog, or meditation, where I meditate on the various stories of the gods and praise them. These ways are the best for me to communicate. I don't like large, complex rituals.

I don't know much about spirits though.

Comment

I meditate to get into contact, or light some candles and incense and intone the Runes. When I would shiver it always felt like a warning or something I need to cleanse, maybe a trickster is pulling you this or that way, or maybe there is a chtonic spirit that seeks guidance or friendship. I have always found truth in the theory that shivers and goosebumbs are signs of ghosts (sometimes they are just shivers and goosebumbs because you are cold, but in those moments when it is just improbable to get goosebumbs or shivers, ghosts).

Comment

Communication with and one's own experience with the Divine is deeply personal. What works for most or some may not work for you - you may feel comfortable or validated communicating with your Deity/Deities in a manner which is alien to others. If you feel that the experience was valid, then I would advise that you adhere to the methods you are currently using to communicate with your Deity/Deities.

My everyday communication with my Deities tends to be more intuitive than literal. If I actively seek to communicate with Them for a specific purpose, however, I tend to do so via Shamanic Journey. Meditation, for myself, tends to be more inclined towards contact with various aspects of myself as opposed to external "entities" - but I do feel that mediation can, at times, leave one open to impression from an external source.

Comment

Originally posted by Thirsty Fox View Post
          Going forward as I am kind of new to this, I am wondering how others find it is best to communicate?
          Originally posted by Torey View Post
          Communication with and one's own experience with the Divine is deeply personal. What works for most or some may not work for you - you may feel comfortable or validated communicating with your Deity/Deities in a manner which is alien to others. If you feel that the experience was valid, then I would advise that you adhere to the methods you are currently using to communicate with your Deity/Deities.
          Agreed. Continue on!

All of my contact with my deity is pretty much internal or intuitive as Torey put it. Very rarely, I've used tarot with good results.

It sounds like you have a little gift for using a pendulum which is pretty unique!

Comment

Begin, if necessary, with external techniques.

Then, progress to the point where it becomes internal, and it comes to you as "inspiration."

At that point, the question of whether deities exist or not becomes irrelevant, because thee and they are one.
            Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

It seems at this point that I do receive information internally but still like the pendulum as a sort of confirmation. I expect that won't always be.

Comment

In trusting your potential you will be able to have trust in your relationship with the universe.
                The Dragon sees infinity and those it touches are forced to feel the reality of it.
                I am his student and his partner. He is my guide and an ominous friend.

Comment

We all have our own ways of communicating with the ancient elders and shining ones, and if this works for you, and yours, so be it!
                  I am glad for you that this skill has been bestowed upon you, a blessing indeed.

As for the feeling chilled, yes, I have found it to be so at times too.
                  Last edited by WrachDrui; 15 Dec 2015, 00:12. Reason: typo

Comment

Working...
                  X