Star Trek is Dead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Star Trek is Dead

From director Justin Lin comes STAR TREK BEYOND starring Idris Elba, Chris Pine, Simon Pegg, Zach Quinto, Zoe Saldana, John Cho, Anton Yelchin and Karl Urban...

Not that it hasn't already been bastardized, dumbed down, and turned into a laser show for stupid people. Star Trek was once a show that pushed boundaries, gave us moral dilemmas, and represented the dreams and betterment of humanity. Now, its nothing but Hollywood trash for an American society that will eat up anything.

Re: Star Trek is Dead

Add Star Wars as well. It's all bunk.

I'm really hope the X-Files series comeback doesn't suck ass. Because then all hope is gone.
    Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Star trek is not dead yet....
      Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
      sigpic

Comment

Star Trek will never die, as long as the original is remembered and loved.
        sigpic
        Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

You must in some ways wonder when exactly our metaphoric legends to guide our lives became rooted in TV and radio...also Comic books became our guide to life and things in general.
          Some musical groups were the testament of our moral and human responsibility,that in many ways changed our natures as Americans. Some for the better,some for the worse.

I know,way to deep for December and our changing world...but gotta give props to our media(all our media) for sculpting our adult natures...Happy Yule,merry Christmas,and soon happy new year once again.
          MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
          NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
          don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
          http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Star Trek sucks!

Comment

The new Star Trek is co-directed by the man behind Fast&Furious. What so you expect? Star Wars isn't dead. The new film made $100m in pre-sale tickets alone.

"Oh but it's nothing like the original"

Spoiler alert: It's practically a remake of A New Hope.

"But the originals were fantastic."

Actually the newest one has far better acting. The original had more holes than the Death Star. Terrible acting, and I mean dreadful acting, stop start plot, it was really not a great film. For all it's flaws, the newest film is actually substantially better than the originals.
              I'm not one to ever pray for mercy
              Or to wish on pennies in the fountain or the shrine
              But that day you know I left my money
              And I thought of you only
              All that copper glowing fine

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
                You must in some ways wonder when exactly our metaphoric legends to guide our lives became rooted in TV and radio...also Comic books became our guide to life and things in general.
                Some musical groups were the testament of our moral and human responsibility,that in many ways changed our natures as Americans. Some for the better,some for the worse.

I know,way to deep for December and our changing world...but gotta give props to our media(all our media) for sculpting our adult natures...Happy Yule,merry Christmas,and soon happy new year once again.
                This is deeply rooted in human history. (All the legends of gods, creation myths, etc.) And look at how people argue amongst themselves, "Star Wars vs. Star Trek"; it's just another version of "My God's bigger than your God"
                sigpic

Comment

Well there goes Axanar. Star Trek is dead.

Comment

This is illogical. A story never "dies".
                    sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    X