Thread: Hello to all! A fellow pagan starting her path.

Xylia

Hello to all! A fellow pagan starting her path.

Hello everyone!

Just a little introduction. I suppose I joined this forum in hopes to discover more about the pagan path. I can't say I am new to paganism in itself but perhaps new to practicing. I wasn't raised any religion in particular but grew up with a few new age concepts. I guess it was good and bad having the freedom to decide for myself what spiritual path to take but I was left with a buffet of religions and lifestyles and didn't quite know where to start.

I dabbled in most eastern based practices such as Buddhism and Taoism but still found that though I agreeded with some concepts others I frowned upon. Not wanting to be a cafeteria catholic where I just pick and choose to follow only the teachings that appeal to me I gave up on my spiritual search.

I tried to go about my life without a sense of spirit but I couldn't deny that there was something else out there, something more than just being born, growing old and turning into compost. I still had memories of seeing my grandmother ( how had passed before I met her ) and the vivid out of body experiences I had as a child, I couldn't ignore these memories.

I know that I believe in energy and I feel my best when out in nature so paganism appeals to me but I have yet to find a path. I prefer to be solitary but like the concept of a pagan community. I don't feel as if ritual suites me and I like to work with crystals, herbs and the elements. The closest thing I can find that fits my path would be green witchcraft but most greencraft tends to have a wiccan influence ( I don't disagree with wicca but it just isn't for me ) so I am kind of at a loss as far as what books to read and how to best educate myself. I suppose this is why I am here

Very nice to meet everyone and I look forward to my journey!

Banned!
    Dec 2015
    Religion
    Animistic
    Phrase
    Do small things with great love.

Re: Hello to all! A fellow pagan starting her path.

Hi Xylia and welcome! I'm new here as well. Have to say that it was nice to read your intro as I can relate to so much of it. I've been following a pagan path for most of my life (I'm 45) and I still find myself fine tuning things every so often. It's very nice to meet you!

Jun 2015
    Religion
    Hellenic Polytheist

Welcome, Xylia! I wonder if you'd be happy with Druidry. It's probably the most nature-centered faith you can get. The only book I've read is "The Path through the Forest: a Druid Guidebook", by J. White & G. K. Talboys. There's lots on stuff on-line, ofcourse

Dec 2011
    Religion
    Ecletic Pagan
    Phrase
    There is no mastery--only constant improvement.

Welcome! There are a lot of great threads here for learning new things. If you don't see what you need, ask! We have a diverse group of people and opinions.
    “You must be shapeless, formless, like water. When you pour water in a cup, it becomes the cup. When you pour water in a bottle, it becomes the bottle. When you pour water in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Water can drip and it can crash. Become like water my friend.” -- Bruce Lee

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

May 2012
    Religion
    Optimistic Agnostic
    Phrase
    Suspend Judgement

Hi Xylia and welcome!

I've moved your thread from S.A.F.E. to Introductions as S.A.F.E is more for discussions.

I hope you feel at home here and wish you well as you make a path for yourself.

Xylia

Hi David, nice to meet you! I have looked into Druidry but for some reason I am not really drawn towards most European traditions. But I still enjoy learning about their ways. I remeber reading somewhere that most of the Druids passed down their ways orally so it was very hard for us to know much about their practices, what is your opinion on this?

- - - Updated - - -

Hi Guided by Stars! It's bee hard for me finding a set path which is good and bad at the same time ( for me at least ). It's good in the sense that I am free to discover life on my own but bad in the sense that I feel as if I am wondering in circles and can leave me craving a sense of direction.

- - - Updated - - -

Silly me, I didn't realize my thread had been moved to an obviously more appropriate section. At least I don't keep wondering why no one is responding

Jul 2013
    Religion
    Kemetic reconstructionist, I guess... Solitary. devotee of Djehuty and Bast
    Phrase
    Rawr

Welcome to the forum, Xylia! I'm sure you'll like it here.
    "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Oct 2013
    Religion
    Egyptian Wiccan
    Phrase
    Daughter of Lord Anubis and Lady Bast.

Welcome to the forum!
    Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Reading is Love | Serenity Hutchinson (Online Resume)

Oct 2005
    Religion
    relational theophysis and bioregional witchery
    Phrase
    *a little bad taste is like a nice dash of paprika*

Hello and welcome my state neighbor! (being next to on top of FL is new to me, so I'm a bit exited)
    “You have never answered but you did not need to. If I stand at the ocean I can hear you with your thousand voices. Sometimes you shout, hilarious laughter that taunts all questions. Other nights you are silent as death, a mirror in which the stars show themselves. Then I think you want to tell me something, but you never do. Of course I know I have written letters to no-one. But what if I find a trident tomorrow?" ~~Letters to Poseidon, Cees Nooteboom

“We still carry this primal relationship to the Earth within our consciousness, even if we have long forgotten it. It is a primal recognition of the wonder, beauty, and divine nature of the Earth. It is a felt reverence for all that exists. Once we bring this foundational quality into our consciousness, we will be able to respond to our present man-made crisis from a place of balance, in which our actions will be grounded in an attitude of respect for all of life. This is the nature of real sustainability.”
    ~~Llewellyn Vaughan-Lee

"We are the offspring of history, and must establish our own paths in this most diverse and interesting of conceivable universes--one indifferent to our suffering, and therefore offering us maximal freedom to thrive, or to fail, in our own chosen way."
    ~~Stephen Jay Gould, Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of History

"Humans are not rational creatures. Now, logic and rationality are very helpful tools, but there’s also a place for embracing our subjectivity and thinking symbolically. Sometimes what our so-called higher thinking can’t or won’t see, our older, more primitive intuition will." John Beckett

Pagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible